[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Barter trading platform. Can it work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1384949940805.jpg (78KB, 720x473px) Image search: [Google]
1384949940805.jpg
78KB, 720x473px
Hey /biz/, I am building a barter trading platform. The platform is simple enough for normies to understand and barter inefficiencies are removed using basic computer algorithms. I am planning to extend from C2C to B2C and B2B and that's where the business is going to make money. Would you use it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35dNtdlDfcQ
>>
>>1152533
this is a fucking nice video man damn. how much did it cost to make that video?

i wouldn't use it personally but that is because i'm not a normie. normies may use it.

how are you expecting to make money? ads? premium accounts? data mining?
>>
>>1152533
Pretty cool idea, its like tinder but for the shit you dont want anymore ;P
>>
>>1152533
Yes.I would totally use it.

It sounds fucking ace. Had a similar idea but never had the stones to go for it.
>>
>Would you use it?

No, but if you made it a traditional website instead of just an app, I would. I don't have a smartphone. I expect a lot of people wanting to use a bartering service might be just as cheap/poor/old as me, and may not necessarily have smart phones either. If this service were basically like craigslist but for bartering, I'd be one of the first to sign up.
>>
>>1152533
Needs a way way better name
>>
>>1152533
>>1152779
Like way bettet

Take it from a cyborg(bestofbothworlds)
I mean come on, Bacon for beans? First of all its too long, normies don't like that shit and second of all, it needs to be catchy but this part is not that important and if you focused on it too much, the name would sound forced.

Bacon for beans could be a good slogan tho
>>
>>1152667
About 20% for the voice over. The rest I did myself.

>>1152750
If I could, trust me, I'd go web only. But yes, it is going to be available as a web app.

>>1152784
Like what name? Help me anon. These are the name of competitors:
MatchTrade
TradeMade
Yerdle

First too sounds generic and Yerdle has nothing to do with barter.
>>
>>1152533
You put that biz meme girl in the vid lol
>>
>>1153146
BarterFarter
OP do you take care of organizing the shipping? At the end of the day I don't think people are gonna bother making an appointment and meeting each other etc.
>>
>>1153160
What meme girl?
>>
>>1152533
How the hell is a B supposed to use a barter app?
>>
>>1152784
>>1152779
>>1152533
Agreed for better name. Why not Bartr?
>>
OfferUp already exists and you can just sell for cash.

The matching is a pain and one of the reasons we invented cash to begin with.

I'm not gonna waste my time searching for the perfect 1 degree of seperation, when I could just buy.

Beans, 4 bananas, 4 bassoons, 4 bacon

whose got that kind of time.
>>
>>1153473
>Bartr
Love it. 10/10 would trade upon
>>
>>1153163
No. When buy/selling/trading classified stuff, you'd WANT to meet up to see what you are actually getting. Most people will trade within their local market, which means that they can easily meet up.

>>1153286
Google B2B barter.

>>1153473
Great name anon, but I've seen competitors avoiding using 'barter' in the name because normies associate the word with something negative (like 'out of date').

>>1153528
Coincidence of wants - the difficulty in barter to find two persons, who have what the other wants and want what the other has - is why we invented cash. The app already eliminate that using the matching algorithm. Basic computer algorithms can make barter as efficient as it needs to be. But that's for the premium tier.

>money solve everything
/biz/ is the living proof that the money system has a lot of problems anon
>>
>>1152533
love the concept. Will you be including services also? It would be awesome to be able to barter some of the skills I've trained in that I don't use day to day any more.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.