[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

credit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_2016-03-19_20-24-27.png (15KB, 228x268px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-19_20-24-27.png
15KB, 228x268px
pic related is my credit score. just found this out and was pretty happy but if i took out £300 on a card for about 4 months then paid it back at then end of those 4 months how much would it fuck it up? always paid in full i'm new to this
>>
who the fuck cares about this, seriously
>>
>>1152225
my future mortgage
>>
m-muh good boy points
>>
>>1152228
>>1152225

>muh cash back rewards I'd be paying anyways in the form of higher prices merchants charge to compensate for fees to accept credit cards
>muh superior fraud and theft protection
>muh superior capability to pay for things abroad
>muh lower interest rates on loans because intelligent mature people understand smartly used debt is an incredible tool

lol I really hope you are trolling, bud.

>>1152224

Is that a UK credit score? I have no idea what a 998 means in that system, but if it's good keep it up. It is largely meaningless but will come in handy later on.
>>
>>1152237
yeah a uk score. don't know where the other 1 is because it says everything's perfect
>>
>>1152237

Oh I forgot to add free money in the form of signup bonuses that you can fill out and set up in 20 minutes, so unless you are literally a surgeon you would be using your time wisely because you just made 300/hour for a card with 100 dollar signup bonus like the Americard Cash Rewards card.
>>
A credit score is not an asset.
Purchasing Power is. The sooner it becomes Purchasing Power the better. if you're not buying a house in two years tap the score.

Well I don't know UK scores but anything above 800/850 in US I'd tap the score to get new lines.
In the US the inquiries take 2 years to come off. So you'll have two years of opportunity to turn that to a solid bankable history.
>>
>>1152224
Taking out and paying back reasonable amounts of credit is good. It's exactly what they want you to do and will not be a problem for your record.

Also don't take the exact numbers in these reports too seriously. They're just a general idea; don't stress it when it varies by xx points after you apply for a new card or whatever.
>>
>>1152227
You won't get a better mortgage for having a better credit score. They might not talk to you if you have a shit score, but all they care about is your employment/source of income.
>>
Idk about that range.

But honestly, if you're in the 700+ range, you're pretty golden.

Mine is the mid 500's. I can't even get a "secured" credit card. Literally, I can't pay a company $210 to have them extend me $200 worth of credit. My dad talked me into going to hospital for a minor injury once claiming he would pay it, and didn't.
>>
>>1152581
>going to hospital for a minor injury
>I can't even get a "secured" credit card.
American, right? I feel genuinely sorry about your healthcare setup. It's just wrong on so many levels.
>>
the main reason i got a credit card at 25 was so i could rent a car/hotel. company cards are a fucking hassle to use. i suppose itll probably get me a lower interest rate if i decide to finally get a house next year
>>
>>1152443

>tap the score

What do you mean by this? I assume it's saying take advantage of your high credit score but how would you do this in practice? Take out loans and use the money to invest?
>>
>>1152581

Have you tried Capital One? They approve just about anyone for their low level cards (like Quicksilver).
>>
>>1152650
it means do small hits that you can recover from to mantain the high score
>>
A credit score is an "I love debt score" and has nothing to do with how financially independent you are.

People who are in debt to their eyeballs, but can afford the minimum payments have 730 plus credit.
>>
I just mean using the score to secure new financing.

One of the main features of Credit Scores is, the longer you've been using the accounts the better your minimum score becomes.

So the first time you go on an application spree. Your 998 will drop 200 points or so.
In 2 years/ 0 inquiries on report, when you apply again. it'll only drop 100 points. In two more years, only 50 points. in two more years, only 25 points. Then your score is safe and hovers between 950 and 999. and you've got enough credit limit to swipe your card for a house, if you so chose.

Ideally you'd use your new lines of credit to buy cash-flowing assets or build your business or flip a few things.

but if you want to build a catapult to launch a Lamborghini into the English channel that's fine too.

>>1153290
Debt is a flow through entity, its what you do with it that matters.
>>
>>1152581
I can't get a secured card with 710. Wtf burgerland
>>
File: Captura de pantalla (142).png (46KB, 853x466px) Image search: [Google]
Captura de pantalla (142).png
46KB, 853x466px
I only got a debit card, is this good?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.