[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys think getting rich happens by luck? All my normie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: cfbr7fzadalvikne3rnf.jpg (34KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
cfbr7fzadalvikne3rnf.jpg
34KB, 636x358px
Do you guys think getting rich happens by luck?

All my normie friends seem to believe that rich people get rich by luck and not by working hard and starting a business or by making smart investments.
Pic related, a friend of mine made a couple thousand from investing 10 grand.

Fucking wagecucks I tell you.
>>
In most cases it's hard work. In some cases it's just being at the right place at the right time.
>>
>>1152204

Sometimes yes, sometimes know. There are surefire ways to become wealthy, like going to medical school and specializing in a high-paying field and then spending and saving prudently, but other less certain ways that involve a degree of luck, hard work, and charisma.
>>
>>1152204
Yes, statisically so. Even more so as you raise the monetary value of your definition of rich.

Luck makes both the hard working and the lazy rich, but hard work doesn't make everyone rich.
>>
>>1152204
Read the black swan or fooled by randomness, both by Nassim Taleb.
It put things in perspective.
For instance certain professions narrower income outcome. Ie most dentist will probably fall in some range with almost no "outliers" but for someone who is an entrepreneur or trader, their income has a much larger range
>>
Ultra-rich is luck. Attainably rich (like being born lower or middle class and breaking into the upper middle or lowest echelons of upper class) is hard work.
>>
I'm curious if the rich or at least wealthy fags on this board struck rich by luck or by hard work.

>>1152239
That's getting wealthy.
For me getting rich is being filthy rich. More than enough money.
But I see what you mean.

>>1152385
Words of wisdom, anon.

>>1152840
I'll check it out. So what your saying is that statistically getting rich by entrepreneurship or other methods such as investing is too general, it can only make you sort of wealthy or filthy rich if your hard work or luck pays off.
>>
>>1152856
>struck rich by luck or by hard work
Ok, answer this question:
A guy learns somewhat passable speech in a foreign language when he's younger, not like fluent or anything, but reading because he's bored.
Hearing this spoken years in the future, he's able to effectively communicate with someone in need of it. This leads to financially beneficial (insert job, love, association, etc.).
"Luck", or "hard work"?
>>
>>1152204
If you mean "luck" to be "exploitation of the worker," then yes.

Hard work DOES make people rich: It makes the hard worker's boss rich every day.
>>
>>1152940
>exploitation of the worker
Right, I know the guy in my example got lucky through exploitation of the worker.
I'm just wondering if he should give some of his money to someone else's boss?
You know, since he doesn't have one of his own.
>>
Chance. Hard work greatly increases the chances you have to get rich though.
>>
>>1152937
You described it as easy work. So I guess it's hard work? What do you think?

>>1152940
But the boss had to work hard to get into his position he is currently. So I guess hard work pays off?
And exploiting a hard worker is one of the best ways to get rich.

>>1153025
This is sort of false. You can get rich by prediction, assumption, and playing the right cards. Whether you think that is luck is up to you...
>>
>>1153901
>You described it as easy work
Where?
>>
>>1152204
That's the excuse people use to justify their inability to become rich themselves.
It's just like when people use the "mah genetics" argument to justify why they are fat as fuck and not lifting in order to make gains.
If they convince themselves that it's luck, they can in turn justify why they live a shitty life.
You think Warren Buffett became rich because he just loves pissing his cash where ever? No, he does legitimate research into companies and it pays off, unless you consider research luck.
If people base it all on luck they are much more likely to be poor with the encounter, however there are some rich stock traders that I know of that do basically gamble.
>>
>>1153924
Its something he does in his free time. Made it seem like easy work.
For me it seems like hard work than just luck. He did something, and it eventually paid off. Seems reasonable to me

>>1153936
This guy gets it.
>>
>>1154245
Well, that's my point.
Having been accomplished in one's spare time isn't synonymous with easy.
But still, lots of people would disagree with your second point (not me), because no "hard work" was involved, at least not as they know it.
>>
>>1154256
Some sort of work was involved, I mean to get lucky you have to put in some effort or work.

Lottery tickets don't win themselves you know.
>>
>>1154337
It almost seems like, to a lot of people, your previous accomplishments are worthless if you come into money.
Think about it. No one gives a fuck what the guy who won the lottery did before he won.
He's just "a lucky son of a bitch".
>>
>>1152204
Sometimes it luck. Like who your born to. Other times its hard work. Sitting around complaining about the rich will never make you rich. You friends are gay.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.