[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VRX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (742KB, 3071x2303px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
742KB, 3071x2303px
I couldn't resist and bought VRX. Down over $1000 already. Is it oversold or am I fucked?
>inb4 should have bought cryptobullshit
>>
>>1151571
As long as you bought after Tuesday, I'd try to ride it out.

They have enough net assets to get bought out by a bigger company.

It's French Canadian, so Canada and Quebec will throw money at it to stay afloat.
>>
>>1151571
Yeah
Valeant is likely to default, so they're gonna have to sell core assets to meet the creditors claims
Looks like it's going to shit bro
>>
>>1151571
>be australian
>here about valeant all the time on the bloomberg
>look in medicine cabinet in the bathroom
>half the products are from valeant
it's a big company with lots of real products, how is it fucking up so bad?
>>
>>1151672
*hear
>>
Buy ethereum faggot
>>
http://secfilings.nasdaq.com/filingFrameset.asp?FileName=0000885590-15-000077%2Etxt&FilePath=%5C2015%5C10%5C26%5C&CoName=VALEANT+PHARMACEUTICALS+INTERNATIONAL%2C+INC%2E&FormType=10-Q&RcvdDate=10%2F26%2F2015&pdf=

>Intangible assets, net 22,382.1

>Goodwill 17,374.7

hmm
>>
>>1151672
The company's business model is ripping off insurance companies for branded drugs that are insanely more expensive than generics. The philidor scandal was about them scamming insurance companies by making it appear patients were requesting valeant branded pills instead of generics. It's why their business is in the shitter. Extremely unethical business and they are getting what they deserve.

And the management comes off as straight crooks and liars.

Check out brontecapital blogs posts on valeant and azvalue investing has some good reading on it.
>>
>>1151571
>buying a company going bankrupt.
The pinnacle of buy high sell low.
You should get some BTU while you're at it champ.
>>
File: Herman Warden Lay.jpg (29KB, 190x236px) Image search: [Google]
Herman Warden Lay.jpg
29KB, 190x236px
>>1151571
Ignore the faggot's, I also bought VRX.

Quote:

"Our valuation implies an approximate 12.5 times multiple on our new estimate for the firm's 2016 EPS and assumes Valeant can eventually stabilize its operations and can meet debt obligations without raising equity capital or major asset sales. We’re leaving our narrow economic moat rating in place for now, but we acknowledge the company has significant challenges ahead to meet our expectations and alleviate default concerns."

As long as the company can stabilize performance and address near-term volatility from the discontinued Philior relationship, we currently envision Valeant can produce sufficient cash to pay its $1.6 billion cash interest payments in 2016 with some leftover to help pay management’s target debt reduction of nearly $1.7 billion. At the end of the year, Valeant’s senior secured leverage ratio of 2.1 came in under the 2.5 debt covenant, and EBITDA interest coverage of 3.3 similarly surpassed the 3 times covenant requirement. However, the company’s delayed 10-K will remain a concern as management attempts to negotiate with lenders on a cross-default risk by missing its financial reporting covenant. As long as Valeant can file its 10-K by the end of April, we anticipate the company is likely to avoid a technical default with lenders.

also: http://seekingalpha.com/article/3958685-hold-hats-bought-valeant-stock-today

I also believe its completely oversold, but the uncertainty about the whole situation is very high.

Its pretty much summed up to Value analysts V.S Technical analysts

I'am on the value side, but there is still a lot of uncertainty remaining with this stock.

The CEO Pearson has assured that they would not go bankrupt, which makes sense being that it would be based on a frivolous technicality.

Pearson has a moderate stewardship rating and is an expert in when it comes to acquisitions.

I believe there is more substance than popularity.
>>
>>1152406

yeah... i'm gonna have to go with value on this one and it looks like a complete shitter ATM
>>
>>1152406
Consider buying <$60

Intrinsic value approx $115
>>
File: 1417758673015.gif (1MB, 233x291px) Image search: [Google]
1417758673015.gif
1MB, 233x291px
>>1152406
>investing in anything bill ackman touches
>>
>>1152423
Look at is from this perspective, he's Jewish and and has a decent sized equity stake within the company.

He also just won a chair in the board.

What does that imply?

I don't care about such frivolous things about who owns a portion or not, all I care about is whether the company is in a position to make me money or not.

That's the only real question that matters at the end of the day.

Only time will tell.
>>
>>1152432
I mean honestly, probably not.
Its EV value and all that shit is great.
But its business model is just fucking atrocious.
At the very least I'd recommend waiting out and seeing if you can find a bottom.
You're trying to catch a really fucking sharp knife right now. Throw some cash secured puts on it, lower your cost average, then work from there.
>>
>>1152433
I agree that it's very risky environment right, I also agree that I should waited for all the margin sales to sink into the stock.

But I still believe its a good bet, I bought it at $31,

I'll liquidate immediately if the prospects for this company deteriorate for me.
>>
>>1152448
now*

>>1152433
I appreciate the feedback though.
>>
>>1152448
I mean, if you're bullish and long with intent to hold you can always cover call your position to try to offset the near term prospects.
>>
>buying a company that will file chapter 11 in near months, amongst other scandals

Op you dun goofed
>>
>>1152466
Absolutely. but i'am not too big of fan of options to be honest.

Thanks for the feedback though, I appreciate it.
>>
>>1151571

it aint too late yet. buy cryptobullshit.
>>
>>1151637
They have a lot more debt that assets, tard
>>
I'm probably gonna buy some tomorrow desu

in a year or two shit will be Gucci

screencap this and wait
>>
>>1152550
You should scan related rollup companies, one is particularly undervalued.
>>
Fuck the equity. Where are the bonds trading?
>>
>>1152432
Kek he just lost 25%+ in the last 6 months

>>1152406
The companies business is raising drug prices and ripping insurance companies off. What was going on at philidor is not over and what was going on there really looks like fraud. Their audit chairwoman was audit chairwoman for a indicted fraud around 2006.

Talk all you want about their heavily convoluted financials the fundamentals are shit and you be an idiot to buy it.
>>
>>1152544
In 2008 the federal government stepped in to buy investment banks and car companies.

Any time a company from Quebec goes broke, the government steps in to save it.

Canadian taxpayers will subsidize the debt payments to a sustainable amount.
>>
>>1152595
I don't see it happening. Bailing out a HATED company? Haha, politicians worst nightmare.
>>
>>1152598
Where are you from?

Have you ever heard of bombardier?
>>
>>1152607
Yes? I'm canadian as well. Don't see it happening. Also bombardier is about to be left hanging.
>>
Yeah you're fucked. Sold mine already, lost ~$1,500. VRX is the new enron.
>>
>>1152595
As a Canadian, can anyone add any more insight into this? How likely is Valient to get recued and how does it usually work in Canada? A loan, partial buyout, help with debt payments?

Also, of anyone can look up where the bonds are trading thatd be great. My cutrate online broker doesnt carry shit for bonds
>>
File: [001521].jpg (103KB, 588x437px) Image search: [Google]
[001521].jpg
103KB, 588x437px
>>1152587
>on /biz/
>not an idiot

Pick one.

So am I suppose to completely liquidate my investment now because of some ooga boogatry you told me?

Fuck off faggot,

this company is full of uncertainty right now and anything is fair game at this point.

If it was that simple to decide whether or not this company wan an Enron 2.0 then I, including many other respectable investors, would of jump board right now.

>stap investing in what I don't REEEEEEEEEEE

If I lose my money then I lose it, but I still stand by my decision based on some personal inferences I have taken account about the company.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.