[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IOC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 17

File: iocoin-logo.jpg (36KB, 580x400px) Image search: [Google]
iocoin-logo.jpg
36KB, 580x400px
https://twitter.com/IO_Coin/status/710944719841456128

This shit is going to go up harder than SYS did. Decentralized ID beta releases in a couple of days. You heard it here first.
>>
>>1150736
Just bought 1200 coins worth, lets see if anything happens.
>>
>>1150736
Thanks bro. Now that I pulled my BTC out of ETH I've been looking for another pump n dump.
>>
File: 1vV8VBRe_400x400.png (154KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1vV8VBRe_400x400.png
154KB, 400x400px
>>1150745
This isn't just a pump n dump, this is some useful technology being released.

Decentralized namespace registration is a potential replacement for DNS, and you can also register a username that any wallet for any coin can send to. Name registration, transfers, and modification of data at that endpoint are all possible once this is out, its what Namecoin should have been, but isn't.

This is the real deal. Get in on the bottom floor.
>>
>>1150751
Cool. Sounds like its actually useful. I'm in.
>>
Looks good to me, it's up a lot now too.
>>
guys now is the time to buy this it's +50 percent i already made over1.5x on my investment
>>
File: html5 iocoin wallets.png (170KB, 675x510px) Image search: [Google]
html5 iocoin wallets.png
170KB, 675x510px
>>1151090
Next stop, 20k sat/IOC. Welcome aboard!
>>
Why is everyone misspelling pepecoin.
>>
File: usUzmK1 copy.png (249KB, 2044x1184px) Image search: [Google]
usUzmK1 copy.png
249KB, 2044x1184px
>>1151135
Only cucks buy pepecoin. Enjoy watching us blast into space though!
>>
my body is ready
>>
File: image.png (158KB, 1523x662px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
158KB, 1523x662px
lel
>>
>literally no volume
Nah it's cool, thanks.
>>
File: 54826932.jpg (106KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
54826932.jpg
106KB, 500x381px
So is this the new microcap crypto that whale groups are looking at?
>>
>>1151601
yes
>>
>>1150745
>pulled out of ETH
>looking for another
>pump and dump

This is just wrong on so many levels i dont know where to begin.

Anyway. Enjoy your life with no ethereum you sad little man.
>>
File: skepticalukrainiangirl.jpg (40KB, 604x537px) Image search: [Google]
skepticalukrainiangirl.jpg
40KB, 604x537px
>>1151608

Let's see.... a billion dollar bloated fart with no real product (ETH), or a lean and mean crypto with a real/useful product launching soon AND a paltry market cap of hundreds of thousands.

This shit is an easy 10x in the coming months.
>>
File: logo-hub.png (27KB, 350x150px) Image search: [Google]
logo-hub.png
27KB, 350x150px
>>1151608
How are you enjoying not being on this rocket? +104% on Poloniex today.
>>
eurgh! total shitcoin with no redeeming features. best off dumping this and buying ETH
>>
>>1152038
Like shit :(
>>
>>1152044
>ETH is a $750,000,000 market cap
>IOC is a $750,000 market cap
>implying that ETH has more room to grow than IOC
kek
>>
File: Screenshot at Mar 19 11-17-04.png (582KB, 2832x1262px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot at Mar 19 11-17-04.png
582KB, 2832x1262px
The train is leaving the station, what price did you get your IOC for?

+143% today and rising. If you'd bought when I told you, that was an easy 100% profit. Do you guys like being poor?
>>
>>1152088

Go fuck yourself. I hope you die a slow and painful death, you fucking scammer! What you sick bastard people dont realizie, is that you are taking money from REAL people. REAL human beings and their money. But you dont care, you are too fucked up and evil. A total corrupt essence of satan walking the earth, sucking out the life force of everyone around them to please their own dick!
>>
File: TaTdV.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
TaTdV.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>1152107
IOC isn't a scam. You can call it a bad investment or bad crypto (which would also be wrong), but its def not a scam. OP seems excited by it, and you just seem like a butthurt peasant who doesn't understand what this stuff is.

I bought some yesterday when I saw this topic and am pretty happy. IOC has a real, non-premine product without any of the usual shadiness you see in other blockchains.

I think your anger is steeped in ignorance. Meanwhile people who are in IOC since last year are MFW'ing.
>>
>>1152107#
I really have no problem with it. It is scammers scamming other scammers. Greedy lazy people that fall for get rich quick schemes deserve everything that happens to them.
>>
File: D5F6N.jpg (65KB, 466x700px) Image search: [Google]
D5F6N.jpg
65KB, 466x700px
>>1152125
Again, calling it a scam doesn't make it a scam. You seeing people make a lot of money off it doesn't make it a scam.

It is an honest decentralized project that is starting to get some attention.

Was Google a scam IPO back in 2004? Was Tesla or Twitter? That's literally how retarded you sound right now.

But idiots stared in disbelief at the entire dot-com boom of the 90's and failed to take advantage. You are right now seeing the crypto boom of the two-thousand teens and twenties. And a lot of mofos gonna get rich off it.

dealwithit.
>>
>>1152088
Sadly as an American cuck base takes a fucking week to do anything.
>>
File: IMG-20140917-WA0000.jpg (63KB, 540x506px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20140917-WA0000.jpg
63KB, 540x506px
>>1152153
dude what were you doing through 2015? Every paycheck convert part of your assets to crypto and never look back. Keep money in stable long term stores of value and take small chances on opportunities as they emerge.

Oh, and that's not cuckbase's fault. That's the retarded ACH system we are gonna end up replacing.

Good luck anon.
>>
>>1152146
The main difference is in added value. People developing services and products that other people actually want to use. Cryptos serve no purpose other than buying drugs online. Other than drug users/dealers, there's only a tiny population of libertarians in the world that care about anonymity. Cryptos are a overhyped bubble with rampant market manipulation, shady exchanges and outright scams. They do nothing that centralized services can not and provide no consumer protection.

>And a lot of mofos gonna get rich off it.
This is what they are really selling gullible rubes like you, a "gauranteed" get rich scheme and you fall for it hook line and sinker because you have no real world skills to make money with.
>>
File: IMG-20141012-WA0001.jpg (34KB, 600x429px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20141012-WA0001.jpg
34KB, 600x429px
>>1152158

>"Cryptos serve no purpose other than buying drugs online."

My 300% return on crypto investments in the past 2 years says otherwise, much to the embarrassment of the vanguard cucks. My financial freedom to pay my employees around the world instantly and with no fees say otherwise. Major bank's multi-million dollar investments into the space say otherwise.

USAA is now in the drug trade then? http://www.coindesk.com/usaa-yes-bitcoin-trial-coinbase/

>"They do nothing that centralized services can not and provide no consumer protection. "

This is like the same retards complaining that internet articles didn't have editors and quality control. Yes, its a digitally precious object. We have never had that before as a civilization. It's gonna get rough while we adjust. Buckle up, buttercup.

>"and you fall for it hook line and sinker because you have no real world skills to make money with"

Except for literally being able to see the next big thing before it goes mainstream and allocate my money accordingly. That is one of the few real world skills left worth something.

Do you actually believe any of this? I'll tell you what. Why don't you go put your money in mutual funds, like Dave Ramsey told you to. Go work a 40 hours a week job to support a family that hates you, and kids that probably aren't even yours. Don't question the norms of society and live a good, respectable life. Earn a nest egg of a million dollars you can pass on to your kids, who will promptly blow it on coke and strippers. That's the kind of weak cuck mentality that is wrong with this world, but it's apparently all you think you're worth.

So go enjoy it.

Meanwhile, the rest of us will be over here literally defining the future of the species and getting rich as fuck while doing it. The best part? Your mutual funds will be one of the late adopters to crypto by the 2020's, after most of the exponential growth is gone.
>>
>>1152181
>My 300% return on crypto investments in the past 2 years says otherwise
It doesnt say anything except that you got into the scam a little earlier than the next dummy. Sorry, I blew right over the rest of your post because all I saw was one strawman after another. Nothing against you personally, I just dont respond to dumb shit.
>>
>>1150736
So exactly how is this different from Bitcoin? Marketing shit like "not being associated with pedophiles" or "has solid development base" doesn't count.

> all those anons pretending thier excitement about it
>>
>>1152192
IOC is a decentralized Key-Value storage system. You can register a name in the DIONS (Decentralized I/O Name Space), and then store some data in that location.

For example, you could register 'anon-io', and at that endpoint store 'btc:1xxxxx,xmr:4xxxx,eth:0xxxxx'. Once crypto wallets have I/O support, sending someone funds is as simple as typing in their username, and making an I/O query. And the best part is, the same name will work for all of your wallets. Not to mention that this could also literally replace the backbone of the internet, DNS. Pretty cool, huh?
>>
>>1152156
It's partly coinbases fault. They claim ACH takes 3-5 days to clear, and their services are instant. However, everytime i purchase bitcoin they immediately say I will have it in 5 days. I bet they're making a killing on transactions that are cleared early, because they have 1-2 free days to play with that money.
>>
All aboard, cucks. 20BTC of bid support down to 21k satoshi on Poloniex. Make sure your bags are filled, because the next leg starts soon. Unless you enjoy being poor.
>>
>>1152275
whats a leg mean?
>>
>>1152302
It means its about to move up again.
>>
>>1152275
>ags are filled, because the next leg starts soon. Unless you enjoy being poor.
Somone also the other day called a Radium pump last time and he was right
>>
>>1152310
how high will it go what exchanges are you using?>
>>
>>1152333
I'm targeting market cap, not price. Whatever $4m-$6m is in terms of price, thats where I think this is going to slow up (thats a solid cap for this tech, at this point in time). Thats like, 500% up from here. I'm on Poloniex.
>>
>>1152337
Though that 500% should take at least week or two, most likely. This is a coin to hodl until the beta is out.
>>
>>1152310

Aint it bc of ETH ?
>>
>>1152337
I see what you mean
>>
>>1152341
>>1152337
so it's not going up then :(
>>
>>1152158
>because you have no real world skills to make money with.

My mom tells me I'm very skilled and believes in me.
>>
>>1152206
not really
couldn't you accomplish the same thing on ethereum with smart contracts?
>>
File: 792pAtJ.png (270KB, 2024x1270px) Image search: [Google]
792pAtJ.png
270KB, 2024x1270px
>>1152358
Are you ready for it to go up now? :)
>>
>>1150736
Dropped $10k usd. Fuck it. Can't retire for balls on that. Would rather lose it all and take a shot. To the moon, right boys?
>>
>>1152400
saddle up buckaroo :)
>>
ITT: Lies and liars.
>>
>>1152407
whats wrong anon?
>>
>>1152409
Nothing's wrong over here, just stating a fact.
>>
>>1152415
Would you care to explain how Decentralized ID (as described in >>1150751 and >>1152206) is either technically impossible, or not useful at all?

Inb4 'Ether lol', Ethereum is the new Zombocom. The tech still has training wheels on, because it can't stand on its own without a centralized core. kek.

IOC is the future, see you on Mars.
>>
File: 6e9a7921cc.png (52KB, 1143x442px) Image search: [Google]
6e9a7921cc.png
52KB, 1143x442px
To the moon!
>>
>>1152435
>Would you care to explain how Decentralized ID (as described in 1150751 and 1152206) is either technically impossible, or not useful at all?

nope. none of that has anything to do with my point, which is that shills are lying liars, who should not be believed or listened to at all.
>>
>>1152447
>shills are lying liars, who should not be believed or listened to at all.
How eloquent. You sure showed me, didn't you.
>>
>>1152206
>>1152399
Or even: Couldn't you accomplish the same thing with no blockchain at all?

Could you please explain how IOCoin actually works? How does it use cryptography and what guarantees it gives compared to e.g. good old web of trust?

> sending someone funds is as simple as typing in their username, and making an I/O query

Eh? That's pretty much how every crypto coin works, isn't it? We have public keys as usernames. In such "DNS for crypto coins" who will decide who will get the name "Google"?
>>
>>1152457
I don't care about showing you anything, just letting everyone know that pump and dump is a fraud, and you are a con artist.
>>
>>1152472
although I use the term 'artist' very loosely here. More like just a conman, how about that.
>>
>>1150736

This really is the second coming of the bandwagoning bullshit promises alt-coins, isn't it.

Brb, need to trade my Quarks for URO,
>>
>>1152415
>>1152440
kek
>>
>>1152457
$4-$6 million, that's what you said right? How many marks do you think you got to fall for the scam this time, you lying, criminal piece of shit?
>>
OP has left the building!
>>
>>1152506
Wisely so, I suppose.

Hiroyuki needs to shut this shit down.
>>
>>1152482
This. It was super quiet for a while here as PND was breathing its last breath. Then all the sudden a year later or so ETH pops up with its brigade of shitcoins in tow. I think that what happened is the next generation of teens is finally catching on to crypto. I keep forgetting that 2013 was 3 years ago.
>>
>>1152505
Let me guess, you didn't pull the trigger and buy at 10k satoshi apiece?

>>1152470
The team behind it is very public, you can read about it on http://iodigital.io/. Unfortunately, they're keeping the DIONS code under wraps until the release (to prevent clonecoins), so I can't tell you the specifics of how it works cryptographically. What I can tell you though, is that the tech they're describing (and have worked on for a year and a half now) is completely plausible, and I say that with a degree in Computer Science.

>We have public keys as usernames.
IOC solves Zooko's Triangle, this allows for a system to be Decentralized, Human-Readable, and Secure at the same time. It accomplishes this by using the non-human readable tokens (public keys) as a means of encoding data in the ledger, which can point to arbitrary strings of data (which can include those non-human readable tokens).

> In such "DNS for crypto coins" who will decide who will get the name "Google"?

The network will have penalties for squatting (constant upkeep fees required to have a name reserved), and I assume that those fees increase as the reserved name gets shorter. I guess that doesn't really answer your question, but its a first-come-first-serve system. Theres no other real way of arbitrating that with a decentralized system.

>>1152506
Nah, just getting food.
>>
This bullshit is shitting out you fucking idiot
>>
>>1152527
idc about amassing this coin to get rich, I just want to know why you need it to create a wallet. Also is the wallet crypto universal? i.e. could store btc, ltc, eth etc.?
>>
>>1152546
OP here, on mobile. The idea is a Key-Value pair on the chain, where you look up the value stored at a key (name) with a query.

For example, at the key 'anon-io', you can have the value 'btc:1xxxxx,eth:0xxxx,XMR:4xxxx,...', where all of your addresses are contained in that string. A wallet (say, your ETH wallet) will be able to have I/O integration, where it makes a query to the I/O chain when you tell it to send to a particular name. So, the ETH wallet would get that string back, and then pull out the part that says 'eth:0xxxxx', and send to the address within.

You will need IOC to register names in the I/O chain.
>>
>>1152527

> The team behind it is very public, you can read about it on http://iodigital.io/.
> Unfortunately, they're keeping the DIONS code under wraps until the release (to prevent clonecoins), so I can't tell you the specifics of how it works cryptographically.
> What I can tell you though, is that the tech they're describing (and have worked on for a year and a half now) is completely plausible, and I say that with a degree in Computer Science.

What a load of horseshit.

Are you trying to tell me that people has been running this binary blob on their machines for half a year? If your Computer Science degree was worth a penny, you'd know that secret cryptographic protocols (intended for general use) are nothing but a fucking joke. I was just lazy to investigate this but now that I know it's even closed I'm just going to ignore it and you should do too.

> 2016
> secret crypto protocols
> revolutionary
>>
>>1150736
its never going back up, its going to go sideways now forever.

Don't buy in
>>
>>1152559
None of it matters. The pump and dump is over. OP says in a week it will go to $5 million, but when a week goes by and it doesn't happen, no one will remember this thread or what OP said.

That's the problem with all of this tech, is that until the fundamental issue of scammers using it for scamming people is addressed, none of the 'intrinsic value' makes a difference. None of it's going anywhere significant until something changes.
>>
>>1152559
Actually, the system has run on IONS for a year and a half, which is a centralized version of DIONS. The current code is open source, you can find it at https://github.com/IOCoin/iocoin

Its not a "secret protocol", the code (and blob) haven't been released for DIONS. When the beta happens, the code will be open sourced. Only an idiot would use a closed-source cryptographic protocol, I agree. That would definitely be a joke.
>>
>>1152579
This isn't a pump and dump, though I doubt you'll believe me until DIONS comes out. The "$5m in a week" statement was a bit hyperbolic, I admit, it will probably take longer than that. I'm not really sure how to convince you, other than perhaps by signing a message from my stack (that I've patiently held on to for over a year running now), to prove that I haven't moved a single coin to an exchange. If this is a pump and dump, I'm not the one who's dumping.
>>
>>1152583
Why does this distributed key-value store require a blockchain with controlled difficulty?

What technical* advantages does it have over DNS? *By technical I don't mean "not paying to registrars".

How is DIONS different from IONS?

Why should anyone invest in this? There are crypto-thingies with potential. What is so revolutionary on this?
>>
>>1152603
>Why does this distributed key-value store require a blockchain with controlled difficulty?

I'm not sure what you mean by "controlled difficulty". Can you explain further?

>What technical* advantages does it have over DNS? *By technical I don't mean "not paying to registrars".

There is no centralized authority that can unlink a domain and an IP (in the case of storing an IP at the value in the KVP), or a username from a wallet address (in the case of storing addresses at the value in the KVP).

>How is DIONS different from IONS?

IONS is, to be quite honest, not very interesting. Its more of a placeholder until DIONS comes out, and an example of what DIONS is trying to be. DIONS is a system that introduces two new opcodes, OP_REGISTER and OP_UPDATE, let you register and update KVPs on the blockchain. KVPs will be able to have subdomains, and are transferrable.

>Why should anyone invest in this? There are crypto-thingies with potential. What is so revolutionary on this?

I wouldn't recommend putting a ton of money in, but anyone with a cryptocurrency that uses public keys / public key hashes for usernames potentially has a use for IOC. You buy enough to cover registration of your name, and upkeep fees for a period of time. If you think that sounds useful, you might want to pick up a few to just use yourself, they will have utility.
>>
>>1152590
You're damn right I don't believe you, and neither should anyone else watching this thread, or any other cryptoshill thread.

You know why I don't believe you? Because you're lying.
>>
>>1152619
I've been holding this coin patiently for over a year, waiting for DIONS to be built. This isn't a random pump and dump, this is organic growth due to the tech finally completing development. I haven't bought a single IOC from an exchange, or sold a single IOC to an exchange, in over a year.

If you provide me an IOC address, I'll even give you a couple, and you can verify the sending address hasn't been dormant (other than three 50 XMR bundles I gave away this afternoon to random people).

If there is a coordinated pump and dump effort, I wasn't involved, I haven't touched the markets at all.
>>
>>1152899
I said XMR, when I meant IOC. Slip of the tongue, my apologies. I was watching an XMR chart when I typed that.
>>
>>1152899
>goes back and reads the first 20 posts

You're amazing. I don't know how you even sleep at night. It's almost like 'emperor wears no clothes' level.
>>
>>1152924
>I don't know how you even sleep at night.
I'm not sure I follow. I found a coin a year ago developing something that I thought was useful, and I bought it. Yesterday, the development completed, and I posted about it here. Exactly what are you accusing me of doing?
>>
>>1152936
Shilling.

And if a liar says he is not a liar, doesn't that make him not a liar, or does it make him doubly a liar?
>>
>>1150745
Do you pump'n'dump fags actually read or have interest in any of these new technologies? Some of them are great ideas but I guess they will never work because of faggots like you that only want the quick buck
>>
File: TwMmviD.png (553KB, 2844x1216px) Image search: [Google]
TwMmviD.png
553KB, 2844x1216px
>>1152575
kek. I hope you guys stayed on the rocket.
>>
>>1153378
sold off at 1100, please just kill me
>>
>>1150751
sys has usernames too
>>
>>1153416
Oh, I was the one who bought your wall at 1100! I had nibbled in the 10's, trying to build up a stash when I saw you put yours for sale as one big wall.

Thanks for the cheapies!
>>
>>1153446
the wall wasnt me, I sold about .6 BTC, made a 20% gain but I could have made a 250% :/
>>
>>1153466
Do you think IO can see 50,000 satoshi or even 100k in the nextr couple of months?
>>
>>1153513
I think the market cap should be solidly in the 4-6m range, based on comparisons to the tech (or lack thereof) of other coins in that range.

Right now, the cap for IOC is $1.5m, so 50k-100k satoshi is right on point for what I'm targeting personally.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.