[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LAND IN NEVADA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Landscape-6.jpg (37KB, 390x293px) Image search: [Google]
Landscape-6.jpg
37KB, 390x293px
I'm about to buy 60 acres of land for $12,000.
>seller originally wanted $18,000
>buena vista valley
>nevada
>pic somewhat related

Did I fuck up? Is this a good price? What should I do?

How do I go about this? By the way, I plan on selling 20 acres of it as soon as possible (hoping to get the entire $12,000 back by reselling that third), leaving me with a nice 40-acre square (which is large enough to legally justify & allow pumping 1800 gallons of water a day out of the water table via wells).

I'll have mineral rights.

This is also quite close to where Burning Man happens every year (haven't been there yet).

How do I leverage this into money? Cover it with solar panels? Use it as collateral against a huge loan? All serious (and some facetious) replies are welcome.

>map to point within a mile of said property:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Lovelock-Unionville+Rd+%26+Buena+Vista+Valley+Rd,+Imlay,+NV+89418/
>>
>>1147768
You could try investing in solar panels and sell solar power. Or since you probably don't know anything about solar lease the land to a solar company.
>>
>>1147768
Idk about burnig man because I'm british, but would people be willing to rent tiny prefab rooms (beds) for the night? Might be an opportunity. Connect solar panels and it's self sufficient.
>>
>>1147768
Looks lovely.

Are you allowed to build on it?
>>
>>1147768
Do you know how much it costs to drill your water well?
>>
>>1147768
Hire a rancher (or diy if you feel like not paying anyone) and buy some calves, you can do free range while you earn enough capital to feed them in a pen.
>>
File: Intervention2_1024x1024.jpg (66KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
Intervention2_1024x1024.jpg
66KB, 768x432px
>>1147768
Make sure there's a road somewhere on the property. Major acreage like that sells so well in the western USA because it's surrounded by private lots and you can't get roads/pipes/wiring through without their approval, and they'll each charge you an arm and a leg or say no (could be 5-100 private lot owners between you and the nearest water pipe/road/telephone wire). Even without those issues, they can refuse you going through their land and you can't ever legally be on your own property. In the extreme they could say "no trespassing, trespassers will be shot on sight" and murder you for going through their land, I'm not kidding in any way, Nevada is a Stand Your Ground state and the middle of nowhere is exactly where the crazies go to be alone.

Beware this trap, anon.
>>
>>1148142
Pretty much this. You're an idiot OP. Invest that $12k in an ETF and focus on earning enough money to buy a real piece of property, not some garbage scrub land in the middle of the desert.
>>
>>1148142
There are things called easements, which are VERY easy to get if you grease the right palms
>>
>>1147768
Just buy some etherium.
>>
Enjoy your land in the middle of desert. Maybe you can practice your golf swing in the middle of nowhere
>>
Nevada is going to be a ghost town in 20 years. California is sucking up all the water in the west to grow marijuana. Nevada will be the first to abandon because lack of water. Then Arizona and New Mexico. The land is worthless. You can't raise livestock or grow crops. Should have bought land in another state family.
>>
>>1147768
rather than beating the bush, how about ask advice of dept of agriculture nevada, what suitable crop/livestock? then cheaply rental to cover your losses it to refugees for a few years contract to manage the farm. they can setup their communities in a safe and sound environment. And readily available cheap manpower for your burning man event later.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.