[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CRYPTOCURRENCY GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 9

File: CRYPTO.jpg (1MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CRYPTO.jpg
1MB, 1200x1200px
Dear whales, please advise the poor folk on intrinsic value of current cryptos, the uprising stars and reasons why you think they will go to moon.

Please back your theories up by fundamentals and solid numbers. No shilling!
>>
1. There are no whales here
2. You ask for shilling then say no shilling
3. Go to coinmarketcap, click on coins and read the related threads, sites and look at the charts. Do you seriously expect people to just hand you money?
>>
>>1145787
>Do you seriously expect people to just hand you money?

Well, this is 4chan biziness board, should they not help fellow anons? Whales have all the money in the world anyway.
>>
>>1145773
btc is the only thing that matters

ether >> /out
sys >> /out
doge >>/gtfout
>>
>>1145773
>whales
Kek
>>
File: XMR.png (3KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
XMR.png
3KB, 225x225px
>>
pls gibe bitcoin heueheue
>>
Hot picks (double or more within 3 days)

Counterparty XCP
Syscoin SYS
Digibyte DGB

Added bonus round: sell by next week and put profits into the Ethereum dip.
>>
What's a reliable wallet to use? Or does it even matter?
>>
>>1147921
>Reasons,

Counterparty
>appeals to people who have just sold ethereum and appears to be developing a rival technology
Syscoin
>seems to be quite dynamic dev team and is being pumped from all angles
Digibyte
>bonus meme coin that appears to be going up for no reason because finland likes it.
Ethereum
>biggest thing to hit crypto for years. Project is serious and respected. Attracts long term speculators not just ADD meme kids.
>>
>>1147926
Thanks, just bought Counterparty for 2 BTC.
>>
How much money do you have to put in to be considered a whale
>>
>>1147921
This guy knows whats up
>>
>>1147939

Anon, pls no that pump peaked at like 5am PST, you're too late
>>
>>1147952
its just released, so what is there to jump.

The guy said its a competitor to EThereum.
I will listen for once and don't miss my train.
>>
>>1147952
Pump began a few hours ago. first spike up happened. But it's likely to rise more over the weekend.
>>
>>1147960
Alright, I bookmarked this thread and am holding you to your word. Lets all pump this shit together. SYS is milked, time for XCP now. I'm aiming for a conservative 200% return.
>>
By the way, this active crypto trading strategy does not seem to be working well. It's kind of a thing that works until it doesn't.

What would be a smarter way to diversify and invest in cryptos?

Long term holding?
>>
>>1147960
How much do you estimate it'll rise on the next pump?
>>
>>1148060
It will probably double or triple over the course of the next couple of days
>>
>>1148065
Thanks for prediction.

If it doesn't happen, whom to hold accountable for this false prediction? Can you please list your telephone, address and ID, so we know whom to burn on the stake, Mr. Whale?
>>
>>1148066
You may not. You have to take me at my word. Just be satisfied that I am a friend to 4chan anons.

I was the very individual who told you all to buy ETH since November last year.

It may be tanking now, but anons who heeded my warnings in good time profited handsomely.
>>
>>1148067
Is there a way to get in touch with you?

Do you need a personal assistant, Mr. Whale? I am crafty and handy. Teach me your ways!
>>
Should I sell my ETH to get XCP?
>>
>>1148067
I made some very nice 350% gains. Didn't gamble very much, so I only ended up with 1.6 BTC after selling my ETH earlier today, but now I got some funny-money to dick around with. Thanks for spamming biz with eth.
>>
File: 141987556859.png (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
141987556859.png
9KB, 300x300px
>>1148065
>'oh i dunno it'll probably go from $10 to $20 or $30 in 48 hours for no reason'

kek you fuckin shills
>>
>>1148074
No. Definitely not.
Just help to spread the word.

Sys, xcp, dgb
>>
>>1148081
Current prices for those currencies are fractions of a dollar.
>>
>>1148076
Yes, because XCP is pretty much ETH for Bitcoin. You can quadruple your money in a few days.
>>
>>1148076
Sell part of it. ETH is a good medium to long term prospect.

Counterparty is a good hedge against ETH continuing to tank.
>>
>>1148077
Thats good to hear. Stay tuned for ETH news and keep your ear to the streets. Despite the recent bearishness, ethereum could well exceed $100 in the medium to long term.
>>
>>1148093
Where should I listen? /biz/ is 95% shit, and it can occationally be kinda hard to separate the wheat from the chaff here.
>>
>>1148102
Why the fuck would he lie? People are on average honest.
>>
>>1148102
For ETH news monitor r/ethereum and r/ethtrader.

For all others you might as well use /biz/ I have a feeling this board is becoming a bit of a hub in the crypto world after the ETH meme.

Bitcointalk can be useful but its mainly full of old farts who think altcoins are worthless or clueless pajeets shilling dead coins from yesteryear
>>
File: duh.jpg (122KB, 1300x1087px) Image search: [Google]
duh.jpg
122KB, 1300x1087px
>>1148060
>asking for free money

du you want my social security number as well?
>>
>>1148109
Cool, thanks. Used to monitor bitcointalk, but yeah, they are getting old and stodgy.

>>1148111
Nah, I'd rather have your credit card number, if it isn't too much trouble?
>>
>>1148114
You sound young
>>
>>1148183
25, so maybe?
>>
Pepecoin is going to be the next dogecoin once we start shilling through the correct channels.

Invest in pepecoin.
>>
>>1145773
by the team you find real fundamental reasons, it's to late to invest in, in a normie perspective*.
>>
have fun investing in shit coins. you are all going to get BTFO.
>>
>>1148206
This. /thread
>>
Can someone tell me what the deal is? I have a wallet and then I can transfer funds from that wallet to other websites that will allow me to buy things like syscoin and ether? Is that how this works? What about polonix, is that just used to view real time ups and downs?
>>
>>1148321
Pretty new myself, but what I did was use circle.com to purchase btc using USD. I than transferred my btc to blockchain.info(online wallet). After that I transfered those btc to Polo (the exchange which also shows "ups and downs").
>>
I don't see day trading as effective. Seems too much of a gamble.

Can we seriously talk about how one should invest in cryptos intelligently?

Sure it is speculative, but lets be real - in the near future, its a booming market. The whole blockchain technology has the potential.

So how do you maximise the 1-5 year gains from cryptos and minimise the risk?
>>
I just bought 10 BTC and transfered them to poloniex.
I trade daily on the Swedish stock market and been roaming this board a while and thought I'd give the cryptocurrencies a go.

In my normal market I use my arsenal of technical analysis but I don't think they apply very well here.

Help a newfag out, where to invest?
>>
>>1149468
Invest in ETH, MAIDSAFE, BITSHARES
>>
>>1149389
That's actually a worthy question, but I think the answer is you wait until all of these scammers are done playing pump and dump. Or better yet, you wait for something to come along that's immune to being used that way.

I predict that the real 'next bitcoin' will be in some form that can't be pumped and dumped, and that until that arrives, blockchain technology isn't going very far.
>>
>>1149480
If it can't be pumped and dumped, then you can't really make money off it.

Let us be real - there are better Bitcoin alternatives out there, I don't see BTC as a worthy investment anymore.

ETH offers everything that BTC offers with more stuff, fixed issues and so on.

The same Monero offers what BTC does but with full anonymity (although nobody really cares about this feature).

There is plenty of potential in cryptos, otherwise Microsoft would not have invited them to Azure platform.

I don't think betting on one crypto making it is the right choice, it has to be a diversified portfolio and you can't bet on day trading if you are not a whale, I see that you can maybe predict a few months or years movement.

Now, what would be the conditions that crypto has to meet to be a worthy long term (1-2 years) investment?

First of all, solid dev team, but this is relative.

Secondly, it can't be a clone, has to be innovative.

Thirdly, it can't be premined.
>>
>>1149480
Well that just went in one ear, and out the other, didn't it? Oh well, can't be helped.
>>
Bumb
>>
>>1145773
>intrinsic
Intrinsic value of a virtual currency??? You deserve to die poor.
>>
>>1150460
Where is your argument?

I can provide mine.

Intrinsic value of BTC:

1) Can avoid taxes
2) Can buy drugs online with BTC
3) Can launder money
4) Can be anonimysed
5) Can be store of value
6) Can buy guns and CP

Intrinsic value of ETH:
1) That + DApp platform.
>>
>>1150469
Give it time, Could BTC do all that shit when it was less than a year old?
>>
>>1150482
I was replying to the guy who was making fun of me considering virtual currency having intrinsic value.
>>
>>1150469
Please buy a dictionary and look up the word intrinsic.
>>
>>1150460
These intrinsic value faggots need to kill themselves.

Theres nothing intrinsicly valuable about anything. Value is subjective. If all humans died nothing would have value.
>>
>>1150511
Ok, no need to denominate a term ab absurdum.

Intrinsic value is a legit term in terms of referring to usability to a stock or asset.

WB talks a lot about this and he is smarter than you.
>>
File: 1457815772800.png (3MB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1457815772800.png
3MB, 900x900px
START PUMPING PEPECOIN

THIS IS A MOVEMENT
>>
>>1150586
pepe pls go. this is no time for jokes.
>>
guys i just bought $15 worth of bitcoin. what do i invest in and where do i start shilling?
>>
>>1150611
PEPECOIN
>>
>>1150611
i did the same last night and fell for the syscoin hype. i bought a couple thousands sys, i'll leave them there for a while and see what happens.
>>
ETH back on the rise to another all time high boys, expect a nice dip at $15 again, but it will over come 15 and work up to 16 and beyond.
>>
>>1145787
I am a whale.
>>
>>1150805
I know there is at least one whale on /biz/, were you the one telling everyone that SYS, BTS, DGB were gonna pump?
>>
>>1147939
Get in on DGB too
>>
XCP looking very tasty today.
>>
>Mined some Litecoins back in 2013
>Traded a bit with it on btc-e because I didnt know better
>make some gains but lost interest
>Put all 50 LTC on sell order for 10$ each when they were like 3$
>forget about them
>Forward to today
>Talking about Bitcoins with a mate, suddenly remember about the Litecoins
>Login and I have 500$ sitting on btc-e

wat do?
>>
>>1151855
buy ethercuck
>>
>>1151855
i gpu mined ltc on an r9 270x, 24hrs/day for 11 months of 2013. and lost the password to wallet.dat.
>>
>>1151855

But pepecoin
>>
Dunno if this is the right general but have anyone heard about OneCoin? They say they are in 200 countries. page is onecoin "dot" eu. I was alrdy on thier meeting in my city in eu and they organize alot of them. Friend is in it with 1000euros. idk if this is scammy shit but he showed me the card n bullshit how I can pay with it but I still dont understand this mining and all. And putting my money on some shady shit is meh. Nobody really knows what it is so Im asking here...
>>
>>1152286
im in bitclub, there all ponzi MLM schemes
>>
>>1152293
So, if I throw like 1k euro in it for a year or two before entire thing cracks, I can make a profit from it? or it is all bullshit and I should avoid it? Sorry for asking retarded questions I was never part of this
>>
>>1152411

kek I snuck in early, I have 6 people under me that are literally business owners.

Im not sure about onecoin, but bitclub is super new still, but you might as well just purchase bitcoin itself it's to late to just sit on it.

Then again I doubt it's possible to find things that early since most of them buy like depending on how early 3-20 spots stacked on each other.
>>
>>1152418
Good lord, then I might try that shit
>>
>>1152507
The only way to get those spots is if you know a lot of rich people, at the top of any growing MLM are always politicians and people of interests that get in first.

There are specific ways they market and sell there spots product but will take 30 minutes or an hour to explain.
>>
>>1152511
I was just on something like this today. Meeting took 2 hours, there were not a lot of people. The thing that interested me the most is the payment from those accounts. That I can pay with card from that account with crypto currency. I think dude had bitcoin card and onecoin card with him. He says he pays with it daily
>>
Buy RADS
>>
>>1152563
Dont listen to these people lol
>>
I just learned about GridCoin through imgur and it got me thinking about cryptocurrencies again. I've forgotten that I've been using an R9 280 and I would like to use it for mining before I submit for a warranty return on the GPU.

I just want to ask a few questions. Is it feasible to mine with a single-GPU desktop? I know people say AMD is better than Nvidia for this, but I'm curious about pools that they have where you can get quicker "rewards" compared to mining solo.
What are some different coins you have had personal experience with, and how was your experience with them?
Also, would a crappy old laptop that's gathering dust be capable of helping the mining process, or would it waste electricity?

Everything else I'll ask on specific forums, I just want to ask these questions before I get into something I might not be ready for.
>>
File: 1457016929682.jpg (101KB, 725x483px) Image search: [Google]
1457016929682.jpg
101KB, 725x483px
>tell real life friends that you're investing in ethereum
>they think you're retarded

anyone know this feel
>>
What do you think about potential 51% attacks on Ethereum system?
>>
>>1153092
What is this 51% attack you speak of?
>>
>>1150639
SYS is going to reach a dollar. I guarantee it. You will see it within the next 30 days. Just keep your eye on it and cash out when the moment presents itself.
>>
>>1153154
Source?
>>
>>1153156
I can't reveal that, just enjoy the ride.

If you cared about SYS you would already know.
>>
>>1147921
BAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAWBAUWHUAWAW
>>
>>1153157
>>1153154
>>1148109
>r/ethereum and r/ethtrader.

BAUWHAUHWUHAUHAWUHAWUHAWUHAWUH EAUWH UEWdhiyhavghwdyh GAEYGYEGAYWGe YAGYWA gYAW dgeYAWG deYAG YAWG YAWGAYWGYAWAAW
RED FLAGS
E
D

F
L
A
G
S
>>
>>1148109
>>1148109
>For ETH news monitor r/ethereum and r/ethtrader.

Might as well go to Fox News to direct your stock trades KEK
>>
>>1153152
This has been solved l2jewtube
>>
Hello

[math]\color{red}{\mathbf{(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)}}[/math]
>>
File: TraitsOfMoney.png (194KB, 660x393px) Image search: [Google]
TraitsOfMoney.png
194KB, 660x393px
>>1150505
Intrinsic: How delusional grandpas cope with their deprecated gold to not get into Bitcoin because they are too dumb.
>>
File: 1455396343470.jpg (152KB, 472x502px) Image search: [Google]
1455396343470.jpg
152KB, 472x502px
>>1153054
>they think I'm gambling on something I don't understand, but entertain my excitement
>show them my gainz
>they think I'm an investment guru and ask how to buy BTC and Eth
>My face wen
>>
>cryptos vs penny stocks vs options
What are the pros and cons of each?
>>
how the fuck do i get pepecoin
this coin wont take off if no one knows how the hell to get it
>>
>>1154250
they actually move?
>>
>>1154250
Cryptos have no barrier to entry and are backed by a technology, unless you're chasing a clone coin.
>>
How long do you have to wait when you sell your altcoins? Does someone have to purchase your your sell order? If so, is that why it's convenient to sell things in small increments? Or is that just to protect current prices without making too much of a stir?
>>
>>1154362
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.