[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ether Dapp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: eth.jpg (3MB, 2000x1226px) Image search: [Google]
eth.jpg
3MB, 2000x1226px
So I had a few idea's for Ether Dapp's since it really opens up the potential having the trustless contracts. There are so many ways to collect then redistribute people's money and take a small cut, gambling is the most obvious. I wouldn't mind making a simple gambling app to start, but I have a much bigger idea which can only be done with Ether. I have checked on the current apps and see that no one is doing it.

Thing is that I have little experience in programming, however I know exactly what the programs have to do.

Is it easy enough to learn the language/syntax or should I try to find a friend/hire someone to do it? I'm concerned if I partner with someone anonymously they have little use for me and control over the program.

I know in business the idea is shit and the execution is everything. But sometimes with something so new as this technology the idea can actually be something that hasn't been done before.

Inb4 op is a shill
>>
developing for ether is an extremely rare skill. hope you've got 100k+/yr for every developer you intend to hire
>>
What makes it so rare?
>>
>>1145082
because ethereum is not very well known yet by developers. yeah, there's a javascript DSL, but it requires a fair amount of skill to build a successful dapp

the developers who do know about it are generally upper tier developers and will charge a lot of sheks

unless you are extremely wealthy, learn it yourself
>>
>>1145098
Don't listen to this kid, I'll do your dapp for a fraction of the profits if I like the idea. Though to be fair the idea is probably shit.
>>
>>1145132
I stand corrected by a master coder we have over here
>>
>>1145132

My simple idea was to have a dapp that collected ether from whoever was interested in doubling their. They would choose to go into Low number or high numbers. Every couple hours it picks a winning side and transfer all the money from the loser side to the winning side. Could include a chat box for trash talk and the every couple hours builds up some anticipation for the result. Similar to current 50% doubling games except it requires no bankroll and is more interactive. The roll is 0-100 with 1-50 going to low, 51-100 going to high, 0 going to house.

I don't even care if you take this one for yourself since it's pretty basic I was just going to make it for practice.
>>
>>1144985
You mean like this?

http://etherdice.io/

Of course it's currently not working, like most of what's out there with dapps. Making a dapp ain't that hard:

https://dappsforbeginners.wordpress.com/tutorials/your-first-dapp/

making it actually work with the current state of things, might be a little harder. One thing I don't get about dapps, is why would I pay, both to develop, and to use a service that I can most likely find for free elsewhere?
>>
>>1145197

Yeah pretty much exactly like that. The reason you would pay to develop them is because if you are offering a service through a dapp you can likely figure a way to get a cut that is greater than the cost of ether used to run it.

I guess I can play around with it, it seems relatively user friendly and I can figure things out from other people's code.

What is the best way to pull data from an external website into the dapp?
>>
I'm a developer.

I haven't even been following bitcoins yet (which means I don't know how they work). How can I get into crypto currencies and ultimately understand ETH/cryptocoins perfectly?
>>
File: zpxx1o1_1280.jpg (249KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
zpxx1o1_1280.jpg
249KB, 595x842px
>>1145228
At the risk of sounding like a dick.. google? I mean what kind of developer are you if you can't get up to speed with what's out there.

Apply yourself, Jesse.
>>
File: 1457703594838.jpg (14KB, 320x340px) Image search: [Google]
1457703594838.jpg
14KB, 320x340px
>>1145228

>there are people on this board that don't own ETH/BTC
>>
>>1146624
Don't you follow cryptos at all? SYS is where its at now. BTC is old news and ETH is dropping in price.
>>
File: 7.png (714KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
7.png
714KB, 1280x960px
>>1146629
>>
>>1145228
I believe Solidity and Serpent are the major Dapp languages.
>>
>>1146642
oh fuck thanks for waking me up anon
>>
>>1146642
Lel. I dont read crappy infographics. Nothing against you personally.
>>
>>1146629
b-but.. I put my entire savings into eth guys. All based on your insistence I was m-missing out..
we're still hold eth to the m-moon guys.. right? guys?
>>
the problem with trying to monetize dapps is, as far as I can tell, it needs to be open source since its going to run on other people's computers.

so you develop your app and implement it on the network and it redirects some fees to yourself - but everyone has the code so someone just redeploys it without the fees.

for this reason I don't think there will be much money in developing dapps for profit. the money will be made by learning how it works and helping big business integrate it into their existing systems
>>
>>1146650
Bro... Eth was never going to the moon. We just wanted people to think that so they didnt dump too soon. Buy SYS. Seriously. Make some money with us.
>>
File: death of bitcoin.png (55KB, 693x751px) Image search: [Google]
death of bitcoin.png
55KB, 693x751px
>>1146649
>>
File: images-9.jpg (23KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images-9.jpg
23KB, 443x332px
>>1146673
Sauce?
>>
Syscoin has an actual working app, all ether dapps are speculative at best
>>
>>1146661
but it still costs 10 fucking EUROs, for some MAGIC mETH BEANS
>>
>>1147963
where is that dapp?
>>
Etherum is confusing as fuck.
I understand bitcoin and the blockchain.
i still have a hard time understanding ETH.

Anyone who can explain me like I'm 5, or retarded, please? Pseudo code would be great as well.
>>
>>1146642

Under-rated post, where can I read more detail into this?
>>
So you spend a lot of money / man hours to build your contract, put it on the eth blockchain, i copy it and change the fee address to my own or make it free...
Whats ethcucks answer to this?
>>
>>1149167

It's just code. On the blockchain. Durrr

I have no idea either anon. And I've tried really hard to understand. Seeing the current massive downfall of eth I'm starting to think that the whole thing MIGHT actually be a scam after all.
>>
>>1149362
From what I've picked up, there are parts of it they don't really have figured out yet. They're kind of making it up as they go along. That doesn't mean it can't succeed.. it just means I don't put stock in it for now.
>>
>>1149362
Is it some kind of blockchain where instead of registering transaction with a value (1 bitcoin) you register...code?

var b = 3
var c = 9
var sum = b+c
print(sum)

I seriously don't understand the whole fucking thing
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.