[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting into the stock market

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Rich dad poor dad.jpg (40KB, 306x499px) Image search: [Google]
Rich dad poor dad.jpg
40KB, 306x499px
So /biz/ what steps/books would you recommend for getting into investing
>>
Bumping for interest
>>
>>1144365
>>1144386
Alright, that's super.

I assume that you have $1,000,000+ in capital that you do not need?
>>
just posted this on another thread, but here it is again. It takes Grahams Value investing and relates it to the modern market.
>>
more importantly, where does everyone go for trade ideas that isn't /biz/? forums? anything?

i like it here, don't get me wrong. always seems like we're just a few weeks late on good ideas, though.
>>
>>1144365
Make a Vanguard account. By VTSAX with all your money. Don't sell until retirement.

There. That's all you need to know. There are some more involved tax avoidance strategies like Roth IRAs, HSAs, and tax loss harvesting but they aren't important to start out with.
>>
>>1144395
Thanks I'll definitely look into that
>>1144390
You're a waste of a human life
>>1144404
I'll Def do some research on that thanks for the advice
>>
>>1144411
My point is that unless you have lots of money, you're not going to make lots of money.
>>
File: Bucket-of-Crabs-lg.png.cf.png (232KB, 580x280px) Image search: [Google]
Bucket-of-Crabs-lg.png.cf.png
232KB, 580x280px
>>1144484
>>
>>1144484
You know that you can buy options? You don't need to have lots of money to invest in options.
>>
>>1144587
OP here, can you please explain more about options
>>
>>1144484

Go back to /b/.
>>
>>1144484
not 100% true. the only way to break into the upper class is to start your own company. you can slowly become rich through stock investment and real estate, but you will be like 90 before you see serious returns.
>>
>>1144587
That's like saying you can trade fx because of gearing.
>>
>>1144365
Not that meme book. Any but that meme book.
>>
>>1144542
>>1144587
>>1144626
>>1144633
You people are wrong. People who make a lot of money on a little bit of money are so rare that they're actually famous for it.

Just stop. None of you know what you're talking about so just own up to it.
>>
>>1144365
Rich dad/poor dad serves no purpose outside of making money interesting. It doesnt talk about stocks
>>
>>1144484
You only need 50-200 grand. Split a mortgage with 10 chinks for three years, then get into real estate
>>
>>1144758
'You're wrong'
'No, you're wrong'

Did you go to school?
>>
>>1144763
I know, wasted my time by reading that book. Needed a image and that was the only related thing I could come up with
>>
>>1144607
Options are contracts that give you the right to buy or not to buy a stock, you can either buy it put or call so you can win either the stock are losing price or winning. you can start with 2k if you want. But don't make any investment if you don't know what you're doing.
>>
>>1144758
Full time day trader here.
I've been doing this shit for 8 years and consider myself fortunate to still be in the game, and that's probably because I don't have another job and can spend as much time as I want with it.
It's not easy, and the first few years you're likely to not make dick, if you don't actually lose money overall.
>>
>>1144397
I too would be interested in this.
>>
>>1144484
How have you not heard about Ether yet?
>>
>>1144365

Every investor letter from Warren Buffett is free to the public and a damn good start.
>>
>>1146294
thios
>>
>>1144758
>>1144587
questions for you fellas.
What are some numbers a beginner could be making with S&P 500 Index?
How much money could I see in at least the first 6 months?

Also what is a decent starting capital to get into indexes?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.