[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overrated book

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: think-and-grow-rich.jpg (57KB, 344x500px) Image search: [Google]
think-and-grow-rich.jpg
57KB, 344x500px
>read 2 first chapters of the book
>no new info
>every second word is DESIRE

Is this a book for stupid people or would it be worth to continue reading?
>>
>>1144232
Work hard, believe, look for signs, have a plan, visualize

Successful people do everyday what unsuccessful people do ocassionally

There. Don't have to read that, do these steps n shit
>>
>>1144232
My fourth grade teacher was reading it (1987) and I believe read some of it to us in class. She never stopped being a 4th grade teacher. Answer your question?
>>
yep it's shit. but then again so are carnegie's books (mostly because they are so dated they hold no relevance to 2016 society)
>>
>>1144232
this is a beginner's guide in to money, it has a level info for junior school.

it was written last century and was one if not the first motivational book.

WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU EXPECTING ADVICE ON HOW TO SHORT CRYPTO CURRENCY?

get the fuck out, out, out.
you need trump fags trolling this board just because you was be like the troll are fucking with me.

OUT
>>
>>1144522
Jeez watch you language, there are kids here
>>
The problem with these books is not the content, it's what (most of) the people that read them do with it.

They visualise themselves in the situation described, get the "feel-good" reward of progress without making actual progress, and hop from book to book to get the same rewarding feeling, and never implement anything that would change their lives.
They just think reading enough self-help books will magically make opportunity and money fall out of the sky, like>>1144297's teacher.

If you're not going to use them to implement new habits, self-help and how-to books and guides are worthless.
>>
>>1145416
so basically like visiting biz, but offline?
>>
>>1144545
they need a good scolding every now and then, this new kids take everything for granted.

that's an almost hundred year old book and this stupid kid wants em to teach em something new!

Jesus fuck is common core creating this kids?
>>
File: 200_s (1).gif (11KB, 196x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s (1).gif
11KB, 196x200px
>>1145418
kek. pretty much
>>
File: Rich Dad UNH DAAAAD.png (99KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Rich Dad UNH DAAAAD.png
99KB, 600x800px
>>1144232
Seems like this meme book I'm riffing on.
>>
>>1144297
>My fourth grade teacher was reading it (1987) and I believe read some of it to us in class. She never stopped being a 4th grade teacher. Answer your question?

No. Pretty much the first thing the book says is to quit your job so you have no safety net and now have a gun to your head forcing you to do or die. It says this is essential. Burn the bridges behind you.

That's a poor refutation of the book given that your teacher didn't even follow Chapter 1.
>>
>>1145526
This book is great for younger people to imo.
>>
>>1145430
>non-fiction

top kek
>>
>>1145727
quitting your job doesn't seem like a good way to get rich to be honest
>>
>>1144232

There are two kinds of boomers - rich and retarded.

The book is for the ones who are actually rich but don't think they are.

Law of attraction too is very believable when everything you have was basically handed to you anyway.
>>
>>1146771
I guess I understand the meme that boomers had everything handed to them.. but what I don't get is why millennials think they got it so tough. I mean really, you guys all live in the first world I assume.

Maybe it's harder in some ways than it used to be, but you have options today that weren't even on the table before. It some ways the possibilities are just wide open. How about you quit fucking whining, Jesus.
>>
While we're on the subject of books, what's some /biz/ recommended literature?
>>
>>1145416
This is a good post. Information is useless if you don't do anything with it.
>>
>>1146778
Shut the fuck up. You millennial haters are way more fucking obnoxious than any millennials I've met. We get it, you don't like millennials. Go write a book about it or fuck off, nobody cares.
>>
>>1145727
It's a great indication of the kind of people that do find value the book
>>
>>1146821
What did I push a button or something? Did I invade your 'safe space', I'm sorry..

That's the first time I've ever said anything about millennials, ever. I've just been reading the same shit a lot lately about millennials got it tough, so I decided to comment. It's not a goddamned agenda, you sperg.
>>
>>1146652
Does being a 4th grade teacher seem like a good way to get rich?

>>1146850
>anecdote about one loser who bought the book
>everyone else who bought it must be the same

Why did you even post?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.