[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to run my own business more than anything but I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (112KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
112KB, 1280x720px
I want to run my own business more than anything but I don't have some special idea. So i'm going to steal something that works and flip it a little. Where do you look for business ideas to steal and modify?
>>
>>1143778
If you can't even think of an idea for a business, what chance have you got running one?
>>
>>1143778

Have you considered internet kiosks? It will be the future!

Honestly, just look at an area you want to have a business, compare other similar areas and see what it missing.
>>
>>1143778
>Where do you look for business ideas to steal and modify?

Your mom
>>
>>1143778
you could make a pharma company for something that already exists that a lot of people need like iron or inhalers.
>>
>>1143778
>>1143802
>>1143811
>>1143890
>>1143897
not op but should I just kill myself I can't think of a single idea for business and im suffering from crippling depression
>>
Anything that you spend money on involves some sort of business.

One of the huge perks to running a small business is writing off your favorite (most-expensive) hobby as a cost of business.

Because you should keep your day job anyways until your income from your business is close enough to make the jump.
>>
File: Hipster Fox.jpg (65KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Hipster Fox.jpg
65KB, 500x500px
>>1145075

Not all business ideas have to be new, just "new" or even better in some way. These guys twomenandatruck.ca Live down the street from me, they started by buying a truck and working around town. Basically you have to be willing to work lower then minimal wage to start a foothold to be noticed, then as more people use your service you slowly increase your amounts. Then if you grow past a point where you need more people to take on the work load, you simply hire to meet your needs.
>>
>>1143778
I'm going to melt down metal and make cannon balls out of it. I have an insider tip that cannon style navy battles are going to make a comeback.
>>
>>1145149
I'm stealing your idea except I'm going to make those two cannonballs connected by a chain to fuck up the crew more
>>
>>1145152
> to fuck up the crew more

Yeah, but what about several smaller pairs of cannonballs connected with chains for a better anti-personal effect?
>>
>>1143778
kind of off topic, but is there any point in going to college for a business/finance based degree if my goal is to start my own business?

I've had a lot of work experience in the financial sector and i'd probably kill myself if I had a desk job.
>>
>>1145170

If you understand basically how making money works then you don't have to. Will it help? This depends on your confidence level. I've played Eve Online fore 3 years and successfully raised a corporation, managed spreadsheets, organized manpower and directed finances. Could I use this in a resume in real life? No, but I do see it as valuable experience that I can apply to the real world.
>>
File: 1456341320090.jpg (181KB, 853x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1456341320090.jpg
181KB, 853x1280px
>>1143778
you don't have to have a stellar idea to start a business, execution is far more important.

I mean, how many plumbers, roofers, electricians etc are there out there? That doesn't stop anyone from going out on their own and making a living.

Stop worrying so much about having a great idea if you don't have the means to properly execute it, focus on learning on how to run a business first.
>>
File: 454134.jpg (218KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
454134.jpg
218KB, 800x800px
>>1145201
I have done the same thing in eve. I'm looking to apply some of that to rl
>>
>>1143778
literally anything. tiling business. landscaping business. window cleaning business. dog walking business. etc.
there are so many businesses. now the likelihood of them making you filthy rich are low, but they can make some some good money.
>>
sell propane
>>
>>1143778
Mine got stolen twice at the bank, once at some government funded loan company that 'helps' start-ups.

Two of my ideas have been worked out and are making about 1/10th I was planning on making.

>+/- €370K profit a year.

Am developing a new version over the last few years, will blow these fucks out of the water including a big phat lawsuit since one of the bankers has acknowledged what they did on paper for me for some money (coke addict :-)).

So in short, the shit's at the bank(s).

But, do not underestimate people. They might come back harder than you could ever imagine.
>>
>>1145165
>Yeah, but what about several smaller pairs of cannonballs connected with chains for a better anti-personal effect?

What about taking the chains off the cannonballs completely, and making a hollow cannonball full of little round metal pieces...Perhaps I could call is a shotrifle.
>>
>>1143778
every rich person I know took their idea from the company they worked for and started there own.

My current boss does the exact same thing as his old employer, he even bought out their inventory when they went bankrupt. My cousin worked for a large corp and just took one of their sectors and partnered up with a coworker and they do it much better than the large corp.

>My cousin is buying a cessna citation this year for business/personal

Anyways just go work for some successful small businesses for a year and make contacts and just do it yourself. That is pretty much the tool and fastener industry in a nutshell.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.