/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I happen to have an extremely rare and highly valuable skill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

I happen to have an extremely rare and highly valuable skill in my field (mechanical engineering), however I have an absolutely shit GPA (2.67). How do I get an internship this summer?

I'm one of the only people in the industry capable of doing computerized topology optimization.
>>
>>1142459

How are you dick sucking skills?
>>
>>1142519
People who hire don't look for dick sucking skills in prospective employees. Employers are more concerned about how deep they can take it in their ass. In general circumstances, anything less than 8 inches is a no-go.
>>
>>1142459
its not that rare. i can do it. i am the chief designer for the largest AM in Canada, trust me, if thats your only design skill than you should start working on your dick sucking skills
>>
/biz/ is big on dick sucking, desu
>>
>>1142631
For you.
>>
>>1142623
But I mean writing custom solutions from scratch, not using existing software packages.
>>
>>1142637
Dont bother replying to trolls.
>>
>>1142637
ok, nobody is going to pay you to do that thou. they can just hire another mech eng to use a software package. you can design anything you want, if it cant be manufactured, you cant convince people why it should be manufactured, or it doesn't make economic sense to manufacture than it doesn't matter.go get a job for a software company that makes these kind of packages and become an applications engineer
>>
>>1142664
It was my understanding that constraints available in existing packages were fairly limited which meant that optimizations could only be performed on a limited selection of problem domains.

Because I control the optimizer from start to finish, I can make it do anything I want, whether it's adding constraints to make the part suitable for a particular manufacturing process or using complex multidimensional fitness functions that take multiple qualities into account.
>>
>>1142678
true, most are fairly limited, some of the more expensive ones give a lot more options. I am part of a alpha group for one that is specially designed for AM and there is no lack of options or features. the CAD software is trying to catch up with the manufacturing capabilities of today. your best bet would be to work for a CAD company or if you really want to do what your doing than open up your own design studio, your going to have to have a lot of manufacturing knowledge behind you thou. go get a summer job as a CNC apprentice. you'll lean GD&T inside out, you'll lean manufacturing process, and you'll lean how to design for them. get good and ill give you a job
>>
>>1142694
I already have a lot of manufacturing experience, plus my program has us doing lots of manufacturing labs on top of that.

Too bad I'm in Seattle, though.
>>
>>1142459
you got a gpa of 2.7. you don't actually posses the skills you think you posses
>>
>>1142712
Wrong.

Here's one I'm still working on.
>>
>>1142459
Murricans and their GPA's. No one gives a shit about your grades here if you can do something special. Topo optimization skill is rare but not extremely rare.
>>
>>1142729
>no axis descriptions and units
0/10 would disregard again
>>
>>1142729
That looks like a really shitty COMSOL graph.
>>
>>1142729
Why are you spamming that pic everywhere? This is like the 5th thread I've seen it in.
>>
>>1142829
It's just showing the temperature distribution inside the mesh.

>>1142859
I wrote it from scratch in Octave.

>>1142865
Is it wrong to be proud of getting good at something cool?
>>
>>1142911
Yes. You should be more modest.
>>
>>1142911
>It's just showing the temperature distribution inside the mesh.
Still doesn't give any units, so it's still pretty much useless even if it looks pretty.
>>
>>1143023
I could supply you with the associated 20 pages of documentation, but that seems a bit excessive for a mongolian thumb twiddling forum.
>>
>>1143065
If you need 20 pages of documentation to contain some axis labels I'm afraid you have some serious design flaw somewhere in your program.
>>
>>1143065
>mongolian thumb twiddling forum
That's good.

Thing is: you'll be able to get the internship, if a company is looking for your skill. That's it.
>>
>>1143096
It's part of a larger research project.
>>
I have a rare skill but the powers that be would refuse me.
>Demonstrate skill
they can no longer refuse.
>>
>>1143190
If he can he wouldn't have shit GPA.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.