[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question about math and taxes.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: problem solver.jpg (72KB, 956x960px) Image search: [Google]
problem solver.jpg
72KB, 956x960px
I am considering investing my tax return over paying off a chunk of my student loan debt. I have on average earn 11% using robinhood (without trying) and my highest loan rate is 7.75%. If I apply myself I predict I can do much better than currently.
I know capital gains tax is 5% for my tax bracket (USA). Any other reasons I would lose money?
Will this make my gains negligible, and am I better off financially just putting them towards student loan debt?
>>
>>1139993
Did you apply cap gains taxes to the robinhood?

split the difference. say 25% loans 75% Robin.

I'd recommend the split to target loan balance down to below 50%. for that credit BOOOST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3A_XGyZYG8
>>
>>1139993
You have to be delusional if you think you can get a consistent 11% return on some shill app.
>>
>>1140013
Ya thats what I'm talking about. For example gonna use $1000 as my principle for both.
1000*.0775*1= $77.5 interest per year (student)

1000*.11*1 = $ 110 - (110 * .05) = $104.5 after capital gains per year.

That's a $27 dollar difference and since I don't need to pay back loans till I graduate that is just free money.
>>
>>1140018
> what is the stock market
Robinhood as an app has nothing to do with my % return retard. Insert any other brokerage platform and I'll have to pay fees
>>
>>1140018
>You have to be delusional if you think you can get a consistent 11% return on some shill app.
You have to be delusional if you think you can get a consistent 11% return.
fixed that for you
>>
>I have on average earn 11% using robinhood (without trying) and my highest loan rate is 7.75%. If I apply myself I predict I can do much better than currently.
No, you don't. lol
>>
>>1139993
Immediately pay off the 7.75%, anything above 5% is solid guaranteed returns.

Imagine if the US has a low inflation near 0% or a decade of low growth and how cucked you will get.
>>
>>1139993
If you could get consistent returns of 11% a year, sell everything and turn 100K into 5M+ by retirement.
>>
>>1140052
>Insert any other brokerage platform
You know your argument only works if Robin Hood is equivalent to the other platforms, right?
>>
Instead of asking /biz/, you can read the rules from the IRS itself

https://www.irs.gov/publications/p17/ch16.html
>>
>>1140151
ty
>>
You know what?

One of the best and easiest gangsta mothafuckin calculators or cackalaytas was the TI 82.

They are like $5 on ebay and can do 99% of anything you would ever need. You can even oc the damn thang.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.