[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How has california not imploded yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: calif-sucks[1].jpg (10KB, 200x209px) Image search: [Google]
calif-sucks[1].jpg
10KB, 200x209px
I'm becoming disillusioned with los angeles and the oc and southern cali as a whole. Everything is expensive and I can't imagine how anyone can afford anything. I just want to live a frugal life (thanks moneymustache and jlcollins) but the numbers just don't add up correctly here. If I move to texas will thinks be easier as a whole? (I'm working to become journeyman electrician with two years experience so far, so not some crybaby not willing to earn my share).
>>
> Everything is expensive and I can't imagine how anyone can afford anything

The short answer are real estate moguls, or recent Chinese plutocrats driving the cost of everything up. I know that feel bro, though. Sometimes I just want to drive to Ontario Airport, book a flight to Texas or any Midwestern state and just see how it is there.
>>
Is Salinas as shit tier as people say?

Will I get killed when I go there?
>>
>>1139858
Yes it is. And yes you will.
>>
Who here in OC working 2 jobs, 60 hours a week, or going to school w/ a part time job?
>>
A market with "too many rich people who want stuff" will never implode. What you are seeing in parts of Calinfornia, New York, Vancouver, etc, is the opposite of a broken market. It's functioning perfectly.
>>
>>1139832
Texas will be much better based on what you consider to be negative aspects of living in SoCal. Texas is very different culturally though.
>>
>>1139873
Out here working 30+ hours a week and full-time school. Shit is cash senpai. Bills still too damn high tho
>>
>>1139858
Yes my sister lived there. The 831 area code. It's all farmland and barely middle class people. I dont think you'll get killed but there's really no reason to go there. I dont even know how my sister landed there now that I think about it.
>>
Anyways OP I don't know about moving to texas. Yeah the cost of living is cheaper, but wages are probably lower too given that the minimum wage is lower. However there's no state income tax so that's nice. I'm an electrician by trade too, and pulling wire in so cal summer heat is bad enough. Have you been to texas? I live there for several months. Have you looked up job listings out there to see if places are even hiring?
>>
>>1139832
The only thing here more expensive than other states is Land/Real Estate. Everything else is or should be pretty much the same as any other inland state.

Even then there are some developing cities where the cost is low. Palmdale for example.
But theres not much business there so i imagine youll have a hard time finding a job.
>>
>>1140002
>The only thing here more expensive than other states is Land/Real Estate. Everything else is or should be pretty much the same as any other inland state
Pretty much nailed it.
>>
>>1140002
>>1140369

no here are some things that are more expensive in California than other states.

>utilities
>fees for cars
>taxes
>local taxes
>state taxes
>property taxes
>if you wanna build a fucking house, water meter in bay area is 30k
>thats 30 FUCKING, 30 fucking k before you even build a fucking house.
>cause u need water nigga
>emissions tax
>registration taxes
>hot food taxes
>if you get in trouble! tickets are expensive

try moving around the states then coming back to california, you will hate the price. But I fucking love the people in my opinion thats what makes it worth it.
>>
>>1140393
>hot food taxes
I think i stroked out for a second.
what the fuck
>>
>>1140393
You left out gasoline. California is the only state that uses a special summer blend formula.

>>1140369
>>1140002
^dont know what the fuck theyre talking about.
>>
I know your feels OP. I'm at work right now in the OC, 16 hour shift at a gas station while I finish up university.
>>
>>1140629
if its cooked taxed.

if its a raw veggie, naw.
>>
>>1140629
http://www.laweekly.com/restaurants/an-explanation-of-californias-sales-tax-on-foods-bonus-flowchart-2377248

Basically a sales tax is collected when dining out.
>>
>>1140686
This is retarded any way you look at it.
Hope it works out for you guys
>>
The irony of a self described liberal paradise state that only caters top the rich is not lost on me
>>
File: col.png (6KB, 553x158px) Image search: [Google]
col.png
6KB, 553x158px
>>1140002

This.

Real estate and housing are out of control in California, but other expenses are comparable or in some cases less.
>>
people have been saying this since the 70's at least

CA ranged from ok to great when I grew up there but I moved away years ago and will never return. I've visited and I hate the way things are there now. my folks moved there in the 70's with almost nothing and made it to a comfortable upper middle class retirement. meanwhile my friends who still live there just survive paycheck to paycheck
>>
>>1139874
> cities that are considered "rich" (read: indebted) are functioning perfectly well because they keep buying things and stimulating the economy!

Jesus fucking christ
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.