[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you use prediction models?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 11

File: ThisIsNotWeed.jpg (14KB, 480x343px) Image search: [Google]
ThisIsNotWeed.jpg
14KB, 480x343px
Do you guys use any of the common prediction models like 50 Simple Moving Averages (SMA) , Exponential Moving Averages (EMA) or anything similar? Like all those lines and so on you usually find on exchanges? How do you use it? Do you have any formal strategy? Or do you just look at them to kind of get a feeling for the possible investment?

Or do you use other sources like news, some sort of advice from financial media? Or other things like your experience or "gut feeling" to inform you on good buys?

I want to find some good way to use this extra information, or find a good way for a beginner to get good information.
>>
By knowing that Ethereum is going up
>>
>>1137599
Already have ETH, and it's a good buy with lots of interest from investors, companies and institution. It has somemomentum and has only begun. It looks like a sound investment and a very liquid asset.

But I would like to diversify.
>>
>>1137595
Moving averages tend to work best with well known blue chip companies. Otherwise they tend to give false signals 50-60% of the time.

You get a "feel" for the markets through experience. That can take months or years.
>>
Any successful prediction model out there is coded in a proprietary neural network database of some major institution, probably UBS or Goldman Sachs.
Stop dreaming, boy.

>Do you have any formal strategy?
Price action, as described by Al Brooks. I'm unable to code it nor do I want to. I believe it's impossible to put all the knowledge and screen-time I've accumulated over these years into an algo. Yeah, you can get some other sucessful strategies, but not mine.
>>
>>1137627
>Stop dreaming, boy.
worst advice anyone has given
>>
File: technicalanalysis.jpg (222KB, 960x3274px) Image search: [Google]
technicalanalysis.jpg
222KB, 960x3274px
no

The closet thing I have done to this is try to estimate the growth rates of an expanding company like lululemon or buffalo wild wings during the bull market which has since ended.

My assumption is that these companies have found a new niche in the market they are expanding into, first when they have little capital growth is slow, it then increases as they gain returns on their investments, however after they have invested in the most profitable new stores/restaurants, they are left with less profitable locations and their growth slows, following an s shaped sigma curve.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumulative_distribution_function
>>
>>1137595
I just use RSI, pivot points, simple moving avg, volume avg and look the price and volume.
>>
>>1137741
how do i use them? Just look at them and then wing it?
>>
>>1137758
Just look for a signal, all of them is useful, and don't use a lot of indicators.
Well in RSI i use 80-20, two simple moving Avg one 5 other 10, and the pivot points. Go to inverstopedia and look for these terms to know more about them.
It's hard to explain it here...
>>
File: TECHANAL1.png (401KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
TECHANAL1.png
401KB, 2000x1125px
Technical analysis LoL.
>>
File: TECHANAL2.png (406KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
TECHANAL2.png
406KB, 2000x1125px
>>
File: TECHANAL3.png (325KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
TECHANAL3.png
325KB, 2000x1125px
>>
File: TECHANAL4.png (332KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
TECHANAL4.png
332KB, 2000x1125px
>>
File: TECHANAL5.png (275KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
TECHANAL5.png
275KB, 2000x1125px
>>
File: TECHANAL6.png (291KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
TECHANAL6.png
291KB, 2000x1125px
>>
>>1137952
> As a comparison, buying and holding would have made $206,000

And exploiting bullish/bearish signals would max give $124,000?
So it's better to buy and hold?
>>
File: TECHANAL7.png (275KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
TECHANAL7.png
275KB, 2000x1125px
>>
File: TECHANAL8.png (274KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
TECHANAL8.png
274KB, 2000x1125px
>>
File: TECHANAL9.png (400KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
TECHANAL9.png
400KB, 2000x1125px
>>
>>1137979
Thank you
>>
>>1137979
Not that you don't keep it in the back of your mind. for game theory purposes. other people believe it. and you can play off them.

Every indicator can be reverse engineered and played around.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.