[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>that feeling when you finish your interview

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 13

File: 1456175464304.png (293KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1456175464304.png
293KB, 633x758px
>that feeling when you finish your interview
>>
File: aae.png (7KB, 377x326px) Image search: [Google]
aae.png
7KB, 377x326px
>>1133987
>i should have said that one thing
>>
File: 1448525861658.jpg (101KB, 540x640px) Image search: [Google]
1448525861658.jpg
101KB, 540x640px
>>1133987
that feeling when you finish your interview
>>
File: HE HATES IT.jpg (164KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
HE HATES IT.jpg
164KB, 1280x960px
>>1133987
>tfw you finish your interview and they said "We'll give you a call in a few days" and it's been a week and a half
>>
try r9k
>>
>>1133987
I've never had an interview that didn't end in an offer. Then again I work in sales so I just have to be likeable to get a job.
>>
>when the interviewer is giving you an attitude, being sarcastic, and asking dumb questions
>when you walk out of the office
>when you receive an e-mail two weeks later saying "After much deliberation we have decided not to go forward with your application at this time . . ."

I thought they got the message.
>>
File: image.jpg (69KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 640x480px
>>1133991
>>
File: 1237080766397.jpg (13KB, 283x287px) Image search: [Google]
1237080766397.jpg
13KB, 283x287px
>unemployed for 2 months
>go to an interview
>high pay, beautiful office
>my experience is perfect for the position
>ace every question they ask
>They give me a test
>score 100%
>interviewer says that I seem very bright
>they're actually hiring 2 people for this position so my odds are even better
>3 days later
>rejection email

I want to blow my head off tbqh family
>>
>>1133987
Why do you feel like that? Interviews aren't that hard.

Haven't had many in a while since I have stable employment, but I usually just reflect on my answers and body language for a few minutes after I leave and then I forget about it, unless they contact me back with an offer.
>>
>>1134640
One of the interviewees must've had knee pads
>>
>>1134647
I just hate being put on a pedestal like that so that my potential boss can interrogate me like a fucking faggot. I could've said things better, too. Oh, well.
>>
File: tumblr_nwbs9xppPt1ruza0go1_250.gif (1MB, 250x224px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwbs9xppPt1ruza0go1_250.gif
1MB, 250x224px
Recently went in for an interview.

I forgot how easy interviews were.

Nailed the interview, got the job, will be starting soon.

Technically it was 4 interviews to get the job, but each one was easier than the one before it.
>>
One thing that I've learned from HR screenings is that the people in HR are dumb.

I'm not saying this to feel vindictive or to put them down, but HR people are dumb. How so?

They hate guesswork. They hate ambiguity. They seek definitive answers. They think in binary: yes/no, qualified/not qualified, compatible/incompatible, check box/don't check the box. It is this binary style of thinking that makes them dumb. It is how they are trained to think.

If they're unsure about a single thing, your application gets shitcanned. It is your responsibility to give non-vague, definitive answers in the interview.

Example: Interviewer asks if you are willing to relocate, even without relocation benefits.

Bad /r9k/-tier answer:
>Yes, I am willing to relocate.
Good answer:
>I am capable and willing to relocate. I have a history of relocating in the past, for school, study abroad, and internships, so relocation is nothing new to me. It is worth saying that I am familiar with the area, which makes the process so much easier.

Do you see the difference?
>>
>>1134739
There's nothing ambiguous about the first answer.
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 497x280px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 497x280px
tfw you interview once and get the paid internship
>>
>>1134742
You're right. That's not ambiguous. My bad.

The first answer is very clear and concise, but it's only answering the question. It's not answering the question behind the question. What is it?

Is the candidate capable of relocating?

The second answer handled both questions. It gives a confirmation, and it affirms your ability to handle new things like relocation.
>>
>>1134640
The other two got in because they know someone.
>>
>>1134739
> shit people on /biz/ think

HR does not shitcan resumes because you did not give super-detailed, yawn inducing answer.

Their job is to make sure who ever they hire will not cause any liability. They are not after the best person for the job; they are seeking the most middle of the road candidate.

Your job as the one being interviewed by HR is to make sure you give answers that do not give HR the sense that you will be a liability. You need to demonstrate that you have corporate morals. You never leave work early or show up late. That kind of shit.
>>
>>1134755
My guess is that he was just socially awkward or said something really dumb.

Either that or it was a coin toss between him and the other candidates.
>>
I just interviewed two people yesterday and two more today. Poor saps
>>
>>1134757
>Their job is to make sure who ever they hire will not cause any liability.

Exactly. And HR will ask questions to test your mettle. Their questions are to determine if you are a liability/not a liability, responsible/not responsible.

And if you're answers are unclear during the interview process, it is very likely that they will assume the worst--liability, incompatible, etc.

It's not that HR hates you, it's really impersonal in real life. The rejection is never personal. It's just that HR needs a definite understanding your traits, abilities, etc.
>>
File: 1450420902103.jpg (1MB, 2299x1787px) Image search: [Google]
1450420902103.jpg
1MB, 2299x1787px
>>1133987
>have first phone interview at 10:30 a.m
>wake up at 10:15 a.m
>answer the phone
>middle aged woman begins interview, starts naming other people listening to the interview
>Lady now robotically reading question slowly so others can clear her
> interrupt her like an autist, "mhmm yeah"
>she sighs and continues to read
>"how have you used quantitive analysis throughout your college career outside of the classroom"
>i repeat the question
>pause for a second
>end the call
>she re-calls me
>blocks number
>ignore e-mails
>roll blunt
>pretend it never happened.
>>
>>1135243

I'm dying.
>>
File: IMG_9850.jpg (81KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9850.jpg
81KB, 750x750px
>>1135243
>>
File: 1376121688878.jpg (77KB, 697x522px) Image search: [Google]
1376121688878.jpg
77KB, 697x522px
>>1135243
The first day of the rest of your life, Anon.
>>
> tfw I have a job and a career opportunity came up and im doing nothing

All I have to do is make a call on Friday. Im afraid of change.
>>
>Interview went for so long I had to excuse myself to go to the restroom

Got the job tho
>>
>>1134739
if i was interviewing someone and they gave me that second response, it's more likely that i would not hire them.

this is a huge mistake that many interviewees make. nobody wants to hear you ramble on about nonsense. save that for the questions that actually matter, such as when you're being asked about your resume and your previous work experience. save that for the behavioral questions when they want to know how to approach certain situations. the "are you willing to relocate" questions are literally the most meaningless questions and anything beyond "yes" or "no" isn't helping you.

they're not going to reject you for saying "no". if you're qualified enough for them to want to hire you, they'll take that into consideration. i have friends who have said they are not willing to relocate and HR bent over backwards to find them a spot in their location of choice because they didn't want to lose talent.

some of you seem to be forgetting that as much as you want jobs, the employer also needs employees. try framing it as if you're interviewing the employer to see if they're a good fit for you. answer questions confidently and be yourself. show personality. ask questions and express curiosity to learn more. if you can show that you have the ability to take control over the interview at times when you want to learn more about the position, it makes you look like a much stronger candidate.
>>
>>1135243
didn't get it. what happened?
>>
File: 1388569161558.jpg (34KB, 603x394px) Image search: [Google]
1388569161558.jpg
34KB, 603x394px
>>1134651
>>1134755
>>1134760
I asked why they didn't pick me and was told that although I seem very talented and have the right skills, I'm not the "right fit" for their team.
>>
File: IMG_20160304_215023.jpg (14KB, 320x340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160304_215023.jpg
14KB, 320x340px
>>1135243
holy shit
>>
>>1134063
>when the interviewer is giving you an attitude, being sarcastic, and asking dumb questions
>sit through it like a little bitch, almost get angry and throw a fit, but decide to chill
>i got the job
>>
>>1134739
You're bullshitting

HR wants you to cut to the chase. If they ask if you can relocate they genuinely want to know yes or no.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.