[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I found the secret to success

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1428697368326.jpg (341KB, 1844x1240px) Image search: [Google]
1428697368326.jpg
341KB, 1844x1240px
I was watching the movie OFFICE SPACE (great movie btw).

basically it's about a guy who hates his cubicle job, and all of sudden doesn't give a fuck about anything anymore and become ultra relaxed.

Once he's relaxed, everything gets much better. He gets a hot girlfriend, a promotion etc.

I had an epiphany watching this because I realized I've been stressing out things too much and it's SOO counter productive.
If you just change your mindset to "ok let's have fun while doing this, worst case I'll fail" then ieverything is much more enjoyable and works better.

When did you realize that? Also, what can I do to relax more and take things more easily. I'm sure it's not so easy to change but I want to change my mindset permanently.
>>
It's hard but it's good desu
>>
File: black crime.jpg (110KB, 500x649px) Image search: [Google]
black crime.jpg
110KB, 500x649px
I know what you are saying bro, and I have been down this road myself.

However.

When a job sucks. There is no amount of relaxing and not caring about it that really fixes the problem. At the end of the day it will still eat at you that you get up every morning and do something you don't like.

Relaxing about your work is only 50% of the battle.

Just my thoughts OP.
>>
>>1133179
What's the other 50% of the battle then?
>>
>>1133167
these girls parents must be proud
>>
>>1133569
>they get paid lots of money to dance at basketball games and to do photo ops with blobs
>get to travel on someone else's dime
>have lots of fun on someone else's dime
>generally far more successful than you will ever be
>mothers most likely cheerleaders when in their prime and are extremely proud of their daughters
>>
>>1133184
Leaving for greener pastas that may or may not eventuate.
>>
https://medium.com/packt-publishing/how-to-be-like-steve-ballmer-cf4c9803d74c?source=userActivityShare-6842910d820-1457528303
>>
Holy shit is that Artie Lange?
>>
>>1133167
>literally a "just be yourself" movie
yeah nah, fuck outta here with that bullshit
>>
>>1133184
Hope for green pasta and not eat a bullet.
>>
>>1133167
>what can I do to relax

Take the red pill and destroy your blue pill hypnosis.

Be hypnotised to not give a fuck and have the quack doc die before you come to.

???

Profit.
>>
>>1133179
Sometimes yes, other times not so much.

I used to work in a warehouse - me and one other dude. We packed and delivered carnival shit, cheap kid crap from China. It was brutal, paid $8/hr, and the other dude was an ass. I would wake up each morning and scream, 'FUCK!' realizing it wasn't a dream and my life was shit. My hands were tied, all I could do was 'go to my happy place' at work. I eventually walked out one day.

Now I hand code marketing emails and front end website updates. It's a mirror of Office Space. I answer to 8 people who don't know what the fuck they're doing, let alone what each other is doing. I bust my ass to go around a circle. Combined salary for everyone is around $1.8 million. I could automate it in a single weekend and have it be just me. At first, I gave a fuck and treated their word like Gospel. Worked 60 hour weeks, covered for them - everything. Now I come in at 10, leave at 4, and let shit fall off my plate. Fuck um. Idk what's next, but I'm contemplating giving my 2 weeks this week and becoming a NEET.
>>
I'm in the process of trying to give less fucks right now as I try to start a side business while I'm at my soul crushing 9 to 5 job.

Hopefully the side business will be making enough money by the end of this year so I can transition to part time at my job and then GTFO once my side business takes off.
>>
>>1133714
Curious minds want to know, what's on the side?
>>
>>1133721

Either a vitamin and supplement site or a trendy designer t-shirt/apparel site (I'm a designer by trade and can make most of the designs myself).

I'm doing a lot of room research and soon a lot of market testing before I pull the trigger on either one.
>>
>>1133736
Wtf... "Room". Where did that come from? Fucking phone.
>>
>>1133184
knowing
>>
>>1133596
i own a bmw and never have to suck dick or sell my ass i think im doing ok. Its ok if i struck a nerve with you cheeer up life gets better
>>
File: 1984_325e.jpg (221KB, 922x692px) Image search: [Google]
1984_325e.jpg
221KB, 922x692px
>>1133837
This guy is spot on.
>>
>>1133893
sigh i cant be bothered to go downstairs take a tag picture to prove something to you , if you got that butthurt about me commenting on these girls parenting you still need alot to learn in life before thinking of going into business . till then stay positive ;)
>>
>>1133714
Same here. Users complain about problems but Indians don't know anything and nobody will let me actually fix anything so it just goes around in circles forever. Hope your business does better than mine though.
>>
>>1134007
They get paid to do what they like doing. It seem they have sturck on nerve on you m8.

>I own a bmw
>I dont suck dick or sell my ass
Pick one.

Every negro in the ghetto owns a bmw. It dont mean shit.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.