/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mining ETH.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 5tkqty835fwv.jpg (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
5tkqty835fwv.jpg
1MB, 1440x1080px
Hey /biz/.

With the launch of the new ethereum website, is it worth it to mine some ETH with their software ?
>>
>>1131425
keep on going up, what's this?
>>
>>1131443

what's wei?
>>
>>1131459
idek
>>
File: Untitled.png (29KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
29KB, 500x484px
i have no clue what im doing desu
>>
>>1131495
I found out that this is CPU mining and it's not worth it.
We need GPU mining, but idk how to set it.
>>
I noticed we are running the simple AlethOne....whats that more complex looking AlethZero?
>>
>>1131498
download the latest version of ethereum
>>
>>1131512
>download the latest version of ethereum
I did. How to know if it's CPU or GPU?
>>
>>1131530
you have to run the command with the flag -G
so if you mine in a pool let's say nanopool ..

you type :

ethminer.exe -F ThePoolAdress/YourBankAdress -G

then it will load DAG file and it will starts to mine
>>
i'm stuck at PV62 waiting, whatever that means
>>
>>1131553
>ethminer.exe -F ThePoolAdress/YourBankAdress -G
>then it will load DAG file and it will starts to mine
Can you make a step by step guide, because I'm using a mac, thank you.
>>
ITT: /biz/ness men that dont know anything about mining.

CPU mining is worthless people, current gen GPU can mine 10-20 mhash.

thats ~15.000 khash.

According to ethereum people GPU mining isnt there yet, so you'll have to standby if you want to do any serious mining.

http://badmofo.github.io/ethereum-mining-calculator/
check this out
>>
>>1131573
I'm pretty sure that with a mac you can't GPU mine anyway , they have pretty weak system
>>
I tried mining with my shitty laptop and AlethOne failed to start mining. The program needs a GPU with a least 2GBs in order to actually start mining.
>>
>>1131443
>101kH
Save your electricity pham. It's not worth it. Is that a laptop or something? Join a pool on a machine with a decent gpu.
>>
>>1131771
What kH is acceptable?
>>
>>1131864
You want at least a couple mega hash per second otherwise you're wasting energy. Several thousand kilo hashes.
>>
was never able to synch >_>
>>
So is this a similar deal to mining for other coins where AMD knocks the shit out of Nvidia? I'm mining with a 970 and getting around 18-20mH but all the sites are recommending AMD GPUs,
>>
I'm new to this board could someone be so kind as to explain what ETH is?
>>
>>1132362

It's some new virtual currency that everyone's shitting themselves over because a few months ago shit was like $1-2 a coin and now it's hovering between $9-11.
>>
>>1132362
Its short for ethercuck. Its the newest cryptokek.
>>
File: it was jews all along.jpg (14KB, 300x295px) Image search: [Google]
it was jews all along.jpg
14KB, 300x295px
>>1132367
>9-11
Jewish shekel heist confirmed, dumping holdings.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.