[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ETH Slides?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

Alright /biz/

I'm new to Ethereum, I understand the crypto itself but I'm more wondering what's making the price slide over the last few days.

So, what things are happening that is causing the price of ethereum to go down?
>>
>>1130685
Besides it being a bubble thats popping?
>>
>too much hype
>market correction
>that time before a big announcement when people start selling
>whale was bored/wanted to cash out
>panic selling
In that order.
>>
>>1130694
Yeah, besides it being a bubble that's popping.
>>
>>1130708
Oh nah nothing. Just like there was nothing to make it go up. Just news that ethereum might be useful one day. It should have never went up in the first place. People are buying based on speculation and hype and not on actual use.
>>
>>1130713
What about the speculative uses it carries for future infrastructure?
>>
>>1130707
accurate
>>
>>1130707
Honestly asking, why the fuck are people speculating it'll be at $20 in weeks and $200 in a year?
>>
>>1130722
Only a few people are saying that, anyone else who does is parroting what they've been told by the people who want them in on this to inflate it. ETH has a legitimate use in the future, but most people are buying it short term to cash out into BTC, they hype it up to get more people to buy and move the price up. This causes rapid growth and then a decline right after that, like we've seen.

It very well could be worth $20 in a month or two, but a lot of people would have lost their money by that point.
>>
>>1130722

Literally because that's what BTC did. The logic is ETH has far more practical applications and isn't just a. alternative currency so the upside is a lot higher.

The price fluctuation you're seeing at them moment is due to some recent coverage regarding banks testing the tech for bonds trading and an Ethereum based app being certified by Microsoft. It's brought it more awareness and with that awareness, more money.
Plus the hype behind it hitting $10. It'll settle down for awhile.
>>
>>1130735
Makes sense, just as a way to convert currencies and make small gains.

>>1130739
>Ethereum based app being certified by Microsoft
What's the app? And how can/did that coverage negatively effect the price?
>>
>>1130766
>What's the app?
Azure, but that's old news.
>>
>>1130766
It didn't negatively affect the price. It contributed to pumping up the price to $10, then we saw an influx of new money thinking it was "going to the moon, this is it!". We're now on the backside of a correction following the smallest bit of hype.
>>
>>1130766
>>1130776
Misread the question, the app was BlockApps which was certified for Azure about a week ago.
>>
>>1130783
Got it, I understand.

>>1130783
And it was just way overhyped?
>>
>>1130685
Just price action. Theres no bad news. Just some dumpage going on.

You will only lose money if you sell. Because like >>1130735
Says it could easily be $20 soon.
>>
>>1130799
Not planning to sell, I'm just getting a feel for the market and understanding underlying causes of market action.

Did one large ETH holder dump and panicked others follow suit then?
>>
>>1130790
Of course. To the average person, Microsoft dipping it's fingers into something means it's ready to take off.

In reality they kind of just approved an "app on an app store" and that app went up in price accordingly, if that makes sense. They certified a few different blockchain services that week, BlockApps Strato was the only ETH related one.
>>
>>1130790
Try to maintain perspective. It was stable at $6 for a while then some news saw it jump to $10. After a dump as early adopters cashed out, it was pumped up to $12 with new buyers thinking "this is it". It's now corrected to $9.50.
>>
File: 1457295719805.jpg (46KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1457295719805.jpg
46KB, 360x360px
>>1130685
You've heard of pump and dump right?

The last 2 months have been the pump.

Now it's time for the dump.
>>
>>1130802

Yes. I was sitting there watching it happen live. I was watching the sell orders when suddenly about 1500 BTC ($600,000) was put up a fair bit below asking (March 6 14:30 candle if you're interested). This saw the price drop from 0.028 to 0.022 in seconds.
Everyone went nuts buying and selling and it settled at 0.026 after a low of 0.022. It was pretty hectic but it was bought up in no time.
>>
>>1130685
Definitely Overhyped

There's too much dumb people that think "I bought it yesterday, the price should rise another dollar today!!"

"Oh no!! The price din't rise for a dollar! It's still the same as yesterday!! The market is crashing!!! SELL SELL SELL SELL!!!"
>>
>>1130835
This is true. There are a lot of panicky tards in the market. But Ethereum itself is going to keep gaining on BTC
>>
>>1130842
What makes you say that?
>>
>>1130779
But still in general I don't feel like hype is going to generate a $750M+ market cap
>>
Wait...are you telling me ETH is just another crypto currency like bitcoin? I thought you fucks were investing in some new African mineral or some shit
>>
>>1130937
The fundamentals. Ethereum is good bitcoin is crap.
>>
>>1131087
You're autistic
>>
>>1131087
New...african....mineral!?
>>
>>1130685
Op, everything you ahve to know is here

reddit.com/r/ethereum
ethereum.org
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.