[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do into economics? I know nothing about it at all and I'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: pepe_wondering__rare_.jpg (72KB, 599x600px) Image search: [Google]
pepe_wondering__rare_.jpg
72KB, 599x600px
How do into economics?
I know nothing about it at all and I'd like to learn
Are there any good texts or online guides?
pls halp
>>
>>1127650
Bump
>>
Read Principles of Microeconomics by Case, Fair and Oster.
>>
File: 1445788229377.jpg (944KB, 1345x1450px) Image search: [Google]
1445788229377.jpg
944KB, 1345x1450px
>>
>>1127662
>>1127681
neat
>>
khanacademy
>>
>>1127650

Most community colleges offer associate's or transfers in economics, most 4 years have bachelor's in economics and business econ degrees.

Higher end schools have grad programs for it too.

Wharf School of Economics is Master tier.

how i know: econ major at top 50 us public uni

My personal advice: Go into accounting, get a CPA..Or at least get a CPA and an econ degree.
>>
>>1127681
pls stop posting this
>>
>>1128384
why?,he asked for good learning materials
>>
>>1128506
The books are generally very poor, loosely related or just not even related to economics.

Read the book I mentioned, principles of microeconomics by case fair oster. As well as principles of macro by same authors.

That will actually teach you econ instead of reading "rich dad poor dad" where you learn to spend less than you earn and eliminate debt.
>>
>>1128365
nah I'm doing a degree in something else already, I just want econ as a 'hobby' if you will, for now
>>1128521
desu I was thinking more of basic introductory textbook type stuff to start off with, before I branch out into proper economics literature and treatise and Das Kapital etc
>>
>>1128555
Those books ARE basic introductory books you'd use in undergrad though.
>>
>>1128563
Those books are mostly meme books that are just rated highly on amazon and heavily marketed.
>>
>>1128578
What?

It's literally one of the best microecon undergrad books available.

You don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>1128688
what is
>>
>>1128900
Principles of Microecon by case fair oster
>>
>>1128688
I said "these books are mostly bad" not, "these books are all bad".
>>
>>1129133
>I said "these books are mostly bad" not, "these books are all bad".

I only suggested a single book.

Unless you were talking about the anon who posted the infographic and quoted me on accident.
>>
>>1128903
Oh i thought you were referring to a book from the pic
>>
>>1128903
This or some other pricniples of economics uni level text.

When i learn subjects i find course outlines from good unis and then find best textbooks based around the various units of the course.

>inb4 investopedia.com
That site is alright but you not gonna fucking learn enough from that.
>>
>>1129305
Mankiw is good too but I don't like him desu.
>>
Which edition of Principles of Microeconomics should I get? Some are exceedingly expensive
>>
https://www.youtube.com/user/misesmedia/playlists

Watch some lectures senpai.
>>
>>1127681
Where the fuck is "Margin of Safety" here?

OP, find a pdf of it. Seth Klarman knows his shit.
>>
>>1129511
>>1129518
Will do, thanks
>>
>>1129511
ignore the Mises dorks, watch some steve keens lectures:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqs7-zw9kiAKld49M_6xpPYL4TK_1XRzp
>>
>>1129479
Anyone?
Do I have to get the latest one or am I fine with one from ~2009 that costs 10x less?
>>
>>1130334
I guess.

I use the latest, just torrent it lol.

Download it from bookzz.org
>>
>>1130341
I prefer to have a physical copy
>>
>>1130394
Same but I'm not paying $200 for it
>>
>>1130413
That is why I ask about the older editions
>>
>>1130416
I'm not sure about the differences between them. It should be fine.
>>
>>1130427
Ok
Would anyone else care to weigh in on this before I spend muh monies?
>>
>>1128357
Honestly this will help you more than reading a book if you have zero background knowledge on economics. Learn all the khanacademy econ videos by heart then you'll be ready to do some reading. Either that or pick up an AP Econ review book
>>
Pretty much anything by Mankiw for macro he is god tier. Goolsby levitt and syverson's microeconomics is also very good.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.