[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's /biz/ opinion on tipping?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: tips.jpg (77KB, 284x423px) Image search: [Google]
tips.jpg
77KB, 284x423px
i never like to tip. why should i give to someone who is already getting paid to do their job. but dont get me wrong the only times i tip are when i get good customer service. like the nice waiter/waitress at a restaurant or the delivery person who greeds me with a smile when delivering food.

but i hate it when i give someone a tip and dont even say thank you. i give them a dollar or 2 and they just walk away. that really triggers me. just the other day some scrub delivered pizza to my house and it was 15USD, i gave him a 20 dollar bill and he just stood there asking me if i wanted the change FUCK OUTTA HERE. i gave him 2 bucks and he gave a smug look on his face. this is why i dont tip.
>>
Another thing is, do you guys tip whenever going to pick up things at a restraunt? I go to this pizza place, which they take me into the bar to pick up the food and the bartender looks at me like he wants a tip??

Fuck you bro haha
>>
Tell them you're not going to tip them before ordering and see how that goes. They'll talk shit about you and everyone will think you're a cheap cunt, but if they still serve you well, then I think that's the ticket to a good tip. I mean I get it's the food industry, but I've been a waiter and in retail and the level of retarded/cheap people you have to deal with makes the money barely worth it half of the time. Just keep this in mind OP, you're basically admitting that you want to be a cheap nigger, which also don't believe in tipping.
>>
>>1127103

For this you should only tip like a dollar per 20 bucks or something. Usually the bartender has to put everything together, while also handling making drinks, while also sometimes serving which is a lot to juggle in a busy place. Still, you're doing a majority of the work. It's just good to do if you frequent a place so that they don't hate you and spit in your shit.
>>
File: scum.jpg (25KB, 600x455px) Image search: [Google]
scum.jpg
25KB, 600x455px
always tip

$5 for
>haircut (supercuts)
>pizza
>other delivery pleb sees where you live
>car wash dude

$1
>a beer / per drink bartender
>valet
>persistent homeless

everything else 15%

UNLESS they raise minimum wage to $15. In that case FUCK THAT stop tipping everyone. Fucking $15/hr working fast food nigger rly? Fuck you man I want that job and I paid for college so fuck off.
>>
>>1127061
What a cheap shit. They are not paid to serve you motherfucker, they are paid to prepare your food and bring it out to your table, then clean up your mess when you done, that's it. There is no obligation to serve you well, or be nice to you, or put any extra effort to make your hot the best night ever. None! So when a server is nice to you, show some gratitude you spoiled brat.
>>
>>1127160
Tip for what?

WOW THANKS DUDE YOU BROUGHT ME MY FOOD THST I AM PAYING MONEY FOR, WHICH IS ALSO YOUR JOB.
>>
>>1127061
I don't believe in it but I still do it if I eat out. I'm not stupid, waiters want to play this sympathy cards of struggling even on tips but it's bullshit. They make bank on tips for work a child could do and they don't want that to end because no other industry would they make that much money memorizing food. With that said, I know I have an obligation to tip the dancing monkeys so I do it.
>>
Tip if you frequent a particular establishment.
Save your money if it's a one time thing.
>>
File: 1393216975893.gif (976KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1393216975893.gif
976KB, 500x280px
>>1127169
uh yeah you tell em tough guy. enjoy your e.coli
>>
>>1127176
Why would I get ecoli?

From what?
>>
PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES

I will not pay them for you

fuck tipping
>>
File: mfw93.jpg (5KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
mfw93.jpg
5KB, 251x251px
>>1127178
>Why would I get ecoli?
when tyrone shits in your mimosa, cunt?
>>
>>1127185
But you tip AFTER you eat, not before.

I go to different places each time, u mad?
>>
>>1127185

tipkek

I feel like tipping is how to keep the quality secure (even if it's bar low) of a service for competent (also bar low) people to stay in line. Imagine delivery drivers didn't get a tip. On top of that they're putting mileage on their own car, wasting gas, driving in shit weather. Now they get paid only 8 an hour. You'll be getting chinese lady immigrants and arabic guys doing that shit taking reft turn.
>>
I tip because fucking companies around me still have the nerve to pay their employees ~$3 an hour + tips.

Once they get rid of this shit out goes tipping for me.
>>
>>1127208
See, I don't mind tipping delivery drivers. I just don't like tipping waiters who walk my food 20 feet and suck refilling my drink. Fuck that. I'd rather tip the cook.
>>
>>1127215
Kek, they willingly work for 3.00 dollars an hour. Not my problem. Should I tip the sweat shop workers who made my running shoes? Naw.
>>
>>1127061

For pizza delivery, if its a beautiful day out I understand not tipping. But when the weathers a bitch and people act like they just paid your tuition by tipping you $2 its pretty fucking annoying.

My thing is if you would rather not drive in the weather, if its snowing or raining or cold AF, than pick it up, the man deserves a tip.
>>
>>1127179
Where does a business get the money to pay their employees? From when you buy something.

How is it different from when a car mechanic gives you an itemized bill for $500, with on a $200 part with $300 in labor? You knew you are expected to pay 15% on the total when you walked in the door.

Not that I think it is a good system. But you have an option to just not go to those restaurants. Don't try to get all high and mighty about your cheap ass.
>>
>>1127260
The mechanic tells you the cost upfront. He says "300 for the part 200 labor, do you agree?"

He doesn't install the part originally offering only $300 then AFTER says you owe him for the labor of installing it.
>>
>>1127266
First off, mechanics screw with the price all the time. They can be straight up criminal. Secondly, what are you German? Did you really not know you are supposed to tip at a restaurant? No, you are just a cheapskate trying to justify yourself.
>>
>>1127276
Why should I tip for subpar service?

We don't tip ANY other profession, why? Doesn't your mailman or surgeon deserve a tip?

Further, what's the fucking deal with tipping? Why is it a percent and not a flat fee?
So if I order $100 it's somehow heavier and thus demands a higher tip than $50? What's the deal with that?
>>
File: 1393808033410.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1393808033410.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>1127232
I have an issue with this though. The Pizza is 9 bucks right? Then they arbitrarily charge you a 'delivery fee' and the tax, between the two the total charge is 15 bucks. I'm not going to tip the tax or the bullshit delivery fee. I didn't order a pizza for the delivery fee or the tax. I ordered the pizza for the pizza. 2 dollars on 9 bucks is more than 20 percent.
>>
>>1127281
Look, I agree. The system is awful. It doesn't make any sense. It is hard to remember all the rules. And I don't really feel like making a decision about money and doing a bunch of math at the end of a good meal. But you, the customer, are paying the wages of the employees whether you just buy a regular product or give them a tip on top.

You want to abuse the system, go ahead. it isn't illegal. Just don't try to be all righteous by claiming you didn't know what the deal was when you sat down at the table.
>>
>>1127299
They get paid minimum wage if their tips don't meet it, BTW.
>>
>>1127283
Tbh I give them a few bucks because I feel like a dick.

The delivery charge IS BULLSHIT BTW. It doesn't even go the driver or anything.

It's so retarded. It's like when online tickets have an additional fee for "convienence" bro it's an automated system what the fuck?
>>
>>1127304
I know they get minimum wage. But even 20 years ago, when some of my friends were still waiters, they made ~$15/hr. And they counted on getting about that to pay their rent.

Sure, all those hidden fees are going to just piss a person off. But tipping isn't really a surprise. So instead I just avoid all those businesses entirely, if I have any way around it.
>>
WE HAVE COVERED THIS 100 TIMES
>>
>>1127283
if theres a charge it's most likely to hedge against commodity cost and to pay for the insurance the company has to buy to pay for the employee. im actually trying to come up with a concept that circumvents tipping and reduces not only labor costs but also menu prices as well.

how would you like to pay five to ten bucks a month to get delivery service from any restaurant that would opt to buy a delivery service?
>>
>>1127304
you still have to actively pursue any damages, though. and it costs money to hire lawyers if the company wants to take it court, which you'll be crushed. even if the company is found to be guilty, the judge can still side with the company citing poor economic performance plus heavy fines being too much of a burden.

it's like saying cops aren't supposed to abuse their power, yet, police abuse is the most rampant issue discussed when it comes to them.
>>
>>1127336
This does not happen.

"Police abuse" isn't really a problem. If you're polite with then that shit never occurs
>>
>>1127339
>it doesn't happen to me
>therefor it doesn't happen
>>
>>1127061
I couldn't agree more, but I do very often get good customer service so I tip anyways.

And since when do delivery people qualify for 15,18,20% ? I noticed this when using seamless.

I think we should really take a stand and not tip the assholes to eventually weed them out. That simple.
>>
>>1127160
You, sir, make a great point about that min wage raise to $15. But waiters and waitresses always make less since they rely on tips. The $15 wage right now is for fast-food workers.
>>
>>1127160
This.
Also, if I'm at a bar for a few hours and the tender is on that shit I usually leave a $20 under my last drink.

These poorfags are just mad that a pizza guy is making more than them LOL.
>>
>>1127161
Hey Shaq, I don't think the pub is for servers to kiss our asses. I tip even if I get the 'meh' service.

But occasionally, you get the assholes who simply hate their jobs, and pass that on to the customers.
>>
>>1127173
This. But if it's good service, they should get something.
>>
>>1127061
>or the delivery person who greeds me with a smile
>greeds me
>greed

You just labeled yourself you greedy Freudian slip fuck.
>>
>>1127215
They legally have to make up the minimum wage if the tips don't cover it.
>>
>>1127061
I would rather pay the server directly than the alternative, which is an increase in price and wage. Yes, I tip, and anyone who doesn't is a major faggot who should rethink their life.
>>
>tfw delivery driver delivers the pizza cold and almost late

Fuck you wageslave nigger. Couldn't even put the pizza in a fucking insulated sleeve
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.