[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he actually bought a car brand new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (25KB, 400x264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 400x264px
>he actually bought a car brand new
>>
Why?

My sister trades in her car after 1-2 years and buys a brand new car at minimal cost, what's the problem here? No major works needs to be done by then and everything is under 3 year warranty (she makes sure of this)

>Gets brand new chevy bolt
>55k and 2 years later
>brand new tuscon
>50k and almost 3 years later
>brand new hyundai
>>
>>1120233
A $1000-5000 car gets you where you need to go no less efficiently.
>>
>>1120233

Depends entirely on your personal financial situation.

But if you want to maximize frugality used cars are always the way to go.

You're saying your sister is spending $5k every 2 to 3 years for a car? That's $15k over 10 years. You could buy a car in very good condition for $4k and have it last just as much and then sell it onwards for $2k. So your sister is spending $13k more than the bare minimum over 10 years.

But of course if you make good money and want to be driving something new, this isn't that much of an issue.
>>
File: depreciationGraph.jpg (10KB, 233x211px) Image search: [Google]
depreciationGraph.jpg
10KB, 233x211px
>>1120233
My parent-in-laws do the exact same thing.

Could have paid off their house, helped out with my wife's college at the time, or actually contributed to their retirement.

They hope to retire when they're 68. Dumbasses. Hope the cars were worth it.

I read in a study of millionaires that most buy 3 year old cars.
>>
>>1120233
And why does she buy them instead of leasing them? If she isn't going to keep them there is little point of taking on the largest burden of the depreciation.
>>
>>1120276
Women and financial responsibility don't go hand in hand.
>>
neighbour jealousy is the #1 reason to buy a new car.

or kebabs has it in their genes or something,, even a part time? cleaner in my workplace had to buy a white bmb for some reason, and now he doesn't even seem to have enough money to even feed himself.
>>
What's wrong with buying a car new, taking care of it by riding at cozy speeds, never driving crazy, and keeping the damned thing until it ultimately craps out at 75k-100k+ miles?
>>
carfags are the worst

just get a functional car that isn't a pure piece of shit.
>>
>>1120233
So what is the difference between her cars and my $1500 car from 1999 that I've been driving with no problems for 7 years now?
>>
File: 20151014_102304.jpg (2MB, 3132x1982px) Image search: [Google]
20151014_102304.jpg
2MB, 3132x1982px
I bought a brand new jeep mainly to build up credit fast since I had zero to start with. Now I'm in low 700s
>>
You can get something like a 2nd gen Lexus LS400 for ~$4000, under 150k miles.

Make the upholstery and paintjob shine. Install an aftermarket audio system for all your Bluetooth and navigation stuff.

Now you have a luxury vehicle with all the creature comforts and ride quality of a brand new car. Shit, it probably surpasses most brand new economy and mid-level vehicles. Something breaks? Cool. Thousands of wrecks in pick 'n pulls and a thorough OEM market for parts.

Would you really rather spend $25,000 on a Hyundai Whatever sedan?
>>
>>1120413
Christ alive that is an ugly car.
>>
>>1120434
A Wrangler is too expensive so it was the 2nd best bet. 30k can get you only so far when you live in snow land
>>
>>1120446
LOL
2016 Wrangler starts at $23k
>>
>>1120621
>starts at
>doesn't take into the account I had literally zero credit
>>
>>1120233
>50 grand every two years.
Over twice as much as is necassary.

I got through five years spending 15 grand and i know less than normalfags do about cars.
>>
>>1120316
>taking care of car
>craps out at 75-100k
>pick one

I have a 2005 Acura that i've been driving for 10 years, has 288k miles on it, and I've only needed to change the transmission and do basic maintenance. Any car made in the past 20 or so years will easily last to the 200k mark if you treat it properly.
>>
>>1120413
Literally of all the cars you could've bought, you picked the dumbest, ugliest, gas guzzling piece of shit available.

Are you a retarded?

>>1120316
>until it ultimately craps out at 75k-100k+ miles
>take care of a car
>only lasts 100k miles

Are you also retarded?

>>1120233
Wait, your sister spend over a hundred fucking thousand dollars over 5 years to drive the shittiest cars she could find?

A hundred grand. On hyundais. Jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>1120121
I buy salvage with low mileage so essentially a new car at 25% of the price.
>>
>>1120718
I have a 2008 TL. Great car. What mileage did your trans crap out at and what were symptoms that you were having and when did they start?
>>
>Not buying a nice used 300HP RWD luxury sedan for 10-15 % of its original value.
>Not having one of the most reliable cars on the road.
>Not laughing at all the plebs buying shitboxes because 'MUH NEW CAR'
>>
>>1120627
Shut up cuck
>>
>new on the lot
>$30k
>1 year old certified pre-owned with <30,000 miles
>$20k

why would you ever
>>
>>1120821
10k back from the factory as a rebate just to get rid of last years model. Theyll make it back on interest though
>>
File: patric laughing.png (290KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
patric laughing.png
290KB, 512x384px
>>1120121
they must enjoy having it at the dealership all the time for recalls
>>
>>1120121
after a decade of having a budget used dd, nickle and diming me here and there, this is bad, that needs this, etc etc i sold it and bought a brand new 2010 -very- base silverado for 19k.

its done everything ive wanted to do as far as a truck goes. not one issue. nothing. almost 6 years later, i still have it as my dd and would drive it across the country right now if i needed. go on a date, go on vacation, roll up somewhere maybe once valet is required, whatever. pure confidence.

as someone that bought a house in full in 2011, ill still proclaim buying that truck is the single best thing i have ever purchased in my life. for the last 6 years ive been able to concentrate on whatever i want aside of a car.

>>1120413
you bought a new car to build credit? fuck man. when i bought my truck they offered me a loan and took my credit score, it was over 800. never one loan my whole life, only had a cc since i was 16 and paid it in full every single month.
>>
>>1120627
>options on a wrangler
>>1120803
is right you are a total cuck
>>
There's nothing wrong with paying for a new car if you can afford it. Borrowing lots of money to buy an expensive new car is indeed a terrible idea. But if someone is making very good income, has lots of savings and low debt decides to buy a relatively cheap new car they aren't doing anything wrong.
>>
>first car was a Scion XB my Grandpa sold to me for $3,500 even though the KBB value was close to $10k at the time
>sold it for $8,500 after a year of driving it
>bought a 2005 Honda Civic for $5,600 from another family member
>been driving it for almost 6 years now

Feels good man.
>>
>>1120413

> finger in picture

Definitely a failure in life.
>>
>Bought a 2004 Pontiac Grand AM ST in 2009 for 5k.
>Drove across country several times (CA to FL).
>Over 120k miles on it.
>Only changed the oil, tires, breaks, and the battery once.
>Gets amazing mileage.
I really don't plan on replacing this thing until it's just done for. That more than likely won't be happening for at least another 3-5 years.
>>
>>1120244
1000-5000$ car repels hotties.

If you want to be a virgin loser who repels hot people, be my guest.
>>
>>1122243
>Americans
>>
>>1122238

>only changed the oil once

Try six months you retarded faggot
>>
>>1120251
>You could buy a car in very good condition for $4k and have it last just as much and then sell it onwards for $2k.

Tell me where such cars exist.

In my area $4k gets you

>failed rice
>hondas/toyota with 180k but "can easily make it to 300k because Japanese"
>20 year old trucks
>10 year old american cars
>German money pits

$4k gets you 2-4 years of driving before the maintenance costs explode.
>>
>>1123792
>paid too much for his car
>is retarded
>>
>>1120233
>>1122243
>hottie's
>Hyundai

Pick one.
>>
>>1120414
This is probably the best advice in this thread, and I've been selling and reselling used cars for a few years. I also have cars as my main hobby

With that 55k you spent on a brand new Hyundai, you can easily buy a used fucking 2014 Audi, or a Mercedes Benz from that year even. That is, if you care about looks and shit. I wouldn't buy those cars personally

With 55k what I'd do is get a used Lexus or acura, around 2000-2010, they're built extremely well, high quality, parts are cheap, look cool, reliable (I've actually ran my Lexus's motor out of oil a couple times because I was too lazy to fix the leak and it still runs fine) and they're cheap.

You could probably find flagship Lexuses from that year for a quarter of that, with low miles and very very clean. The rest of the money you can go wild with, you wouldn't have to put any aside because you can just pay out of pocket with your own money since repairs are bound to be cheap

I'll never buy a new car any time soon, because of all the planned obsolescence shit
>>
>>1120413

>Wasted money on shit new car
>Bbbut I'm building my credit

Are people really this retarded?
>>
>>1120799

>not buying diesel masterrace
>>
>>1120121
If you're rich and expect to own the car for 20+ years then it's acceptable
>>
>>1123945
Depends on the brand, desu. I know many rich people that buy cars used for 1-2 years w/ very low miles and save a lot of money.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.