[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help. I want to open a checking account somewhere but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (65KB, 286x402px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 286x402px
I need help. I want to open a checking account somewhere but i get turned down everytime. i had bank of america up until 4 years ago because of fraud. i was young and needed friends to help and i didnt fully understood what was going on but my naive ass trusted them and i got screwed in the end. 3 years later i picked myself off the street and finally got a stable job. i paid back my debt to bank of america and they still wont take me back which i guess is understandable. is there anyway i can get a checking account anywhere? even a second chance one?
>>
just need to be pointed in the right direction is all. wells fargo told me no a couple of weeks ago
>>
>>1118882
What was the scam you pulled? Bouncing checks for money back?
>>
>>1118889
pretty much. i was so green in life that i gave my so-called friends my pin number. they said they would make sure we will all be good. hindsight is HD
>>
>>1118882
If they are denying you then you must be flagged on ChexSystems. I would contact them directly and see what you need to do to be removed from it especially since you paid off your debt to BofA. Without getting cleared you wont be able to open an account anywhere.
>>
>>1118892
i tried contacting early warning but all i got was a dead end. will chexsystems help out better?
>>
>>1118892
>https://wallethub.com/edu/chexsystems-removal/12781/
Try these steps. Good luck bro.
>>
>>1118897
Yes. It is ChexSystems that is flagging you.
>>
>>1118891
Yeah man, exact same happened to my buddy lmao. He ended up in your exact situation. Do what that other anon suggested bro.
>>
>>1118898
This is actually an interesting article.
>>
File: image.png (116KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
116KB, 640x1136px
well this is discouraging... i dont even know what to tell them.
>>
>>1118931
i feel like they will basically say "well hey you should know better to give your information out even though you were sheltered until you were 21 and your parents split up forced you to fend for yourself in the real world so we wont help you"
>>
>>1118938
Same anon diff ID. Explain the situation as best as possible. Dont try to bs because Im sure they have a ton of people in the same circumstances contact them. Stress the part where it happened 4 years ago because this should go off your record in another year anyways (5 years max). Also make sure to show proof that you paid off BofA and made good on your debt.
>>
>>1118961
ok. it all started out when i was 21 years old. my parents divorced and moved away in different states and i couldnt go with neither of them because i was still in school. been paying rent with my financial aid but got evicted because 2 other roommates couldnt pay rent. so im on campus trying to figure out wtf to do, looking for jobs like crazy while trying to maintain my grades. one of my former classmates came to me with a proposal. promised a place for me to stay and since i have BoA we can split a couple thousand. i was skeptical at first but they showed me the money they made. hell even bought me lunch. they told me to give them their card and theyll handle the rest. i was skeptical and asked them about it but even though they were vague they ensured me that we will be ok and that its perfectly legal. so i bought it. the guys got distant, i found out my account was charged off, and then the guys were nowhere to be found.
>>
>>1118891
>green?
So you were a fucking hippie and just gave away your shit to some strangers?
>>
>>1118985
by green i meant so inexperienced and naive with the real world and the dangers of it.
>>
>>1118998
Ok but why did you give some strangers your bank card?
>>
>>1118977
Leave out the divorced parents part, makes it sound like a sob story. Just tell them you got scammed by friends back in the day which fucked your account up and you want to see what you can do to fix it. Mention it was 4 years ago and that you were a dumb young person.

I mean honestly, if you're nice you can usually find a representative who will go out of their way to help.
>>
>>1119006
they werent strangers. they were friends
>>
>>1118977
I wouldnt go in to all of that. Just tell them the part where someone borrowed your card and committed fraud on it but that you have made good it and paid BofA off. Since this is a civil and not a criminal matter you should be in the clear since you paid them off. Think of ChexSystems as like a credit reporting agency but for fraudulent related charges. If you contest it they will verify your claim through BofA then remove the record if BofA cant prove that you personally were involved in fraud and that you paid restitution.
>>
>>1118977
Wow...
You are a fool.

Every step pf that should have raised flags.

TINSTAAFL
>>
>>1119010
Ok why did these friends not give you the money then?
>>
>>1119021
correction. WAS a fool. this took place 4 years ago

>>1119023
turns out they were never my friends in the first place. learned that the hard way. at least it was at a young age
>>
>>1119029
How long did you know these nice young men before yoy decided giving them free reign of your bank account was a good idea?
>>
>>1119013
whats the difference between chexsystems and early warning?
>>
>>1119029
Yeah retard you think? Friends do not ask for bank info dummy.
>>
>>1119032
a little over a year
>>
>>1119039
The long con.

At least you seem to have learned your lesson.
>>
>>1119036
i learned my lesson bro. i mean are you smarter now than you were 4 years ago? id hope so. yeah i get it i was dumb, no need to repeat the obvious
>>
>>1119034
>https://www.supermoney.com/2013/01/chexsystems-telecheck-and-ews-what-you-need-to-know/
>>
So EWS wants me to type up a letter explaining my circumstance along with the receipts of payments that i have from paying back BoA what i owed and said itll take up to 30 days. Now how would any of you suggest I type the best way possible?
>>
>>1120254
We will type it for you one word at a time.

I will start:

>Hello
>>
>>1120264
>queefs,
>>
>>1118891
>gave my so-called friends my pin number
>>1118977
>they told me to give them their card

You evidently can't be trusted with money. They're 100% correct to deny you any easy access to money, because you've shown that you're a fucking moron.
Have fun working cash-in-hand for the rest of your life because the letters say 'do not give your PIN to anyone'. And the card probably says it. And every interaction with the bank says not to give people your PIN.
PERSONAL identification number. Personal. Not theirs. Yours only.
Fucking idiot.
>>
>>1120291
you feel better?
>>
>>1118882
If you did not participate in knowingly criminal activity, get a judge to write a statement that you were the victim of a crime.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.