[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I work in a chemist in Australia, where I spend a lot of time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: malcolm_turnbull_getty.jpg (157KB, 1170x470px) Image search: [Google]
malcolm_turnbull_getty.jpg
157KB, 1170x470px
I work in a chemist in Australia, where I spend a lot of time with Chinese tourists who barely speak english. Basically, they come in and buy as much stock as possible of a few select items which are currently trending in whatever uppermiddleclass-china part they come from, and sell them on. Apparently, this stuff (baby formula, vitamins, cosmetic creams) is only available from chinese brands over there, which people don't trust because of scare-stories about lead in baby formula and shit.

These people spend hundreds of dollars at my store alone, and because we have max stock purchases they seem to go from store to store spending thousands. Sometimes their credit cards are declined, so they're clearly spending as much as possible.

For the chemist chain im referring to, I get a small staff discount, which means jack but if i mass-buy could be worthwhile. Could I, with the help of someone who speaks chinese, conceivably make some money off doing what these tourists are doing? How lucrative is resale like this? Who would I be selling on to/how?
>>
staff discount contracts won't allow you to and you'll be busted for it ( losing your job etc )

what'd be better is to find a distributor for your product and then open your own store, which you can port to china (online site or etc )

keep your job and save up a bit, get some shit shipped to you and sell it online to chinese. when chinese customers come in slip them a business card ( without your boss knowing because that could be against contract aswel )

put chink language on it for added customers, but first either learn chinese or get someone who is

( I am currently, and i would be interested, but I know I'm not at that level yet )
>>
>>1114919
but WHY is it only available from chinese brands?

I know they only allow a limited amount of hollywood or western films to be shown at the chinese box office, so as to protect their domestic film market. I dare say they are doing the same with the industries producing these commodities. It's worth looking into, but my bet is you'll run into import problems when trying to get these things into china, these tourists are probably able to get a suitcase of shit in, but good luck with pallets of the crap.
>>
>>1114919
Basically, they're buying foreign shit because their government has deregulated everything to the point where they've been adulterating things with harmful shit.

Your best option would be to bulk-buy from cash and carry stores, and sell it to them at the ports.

Alternatively, organise boat trips for them to sell it on-board duty free.

Or you arrange things with someone in china to import it by the container-load.
>>
>>1114919

you r late to the game brah.

those local chinese who gained PR or citizenship status are already doing it way before.

they went to local woolies and coles and load up on the milk powders, until the authorities have to impose purchase limits on em.
>>
>>1114919
>I work in a chemist in Australia,
Whoa dude, being inside a chemist must be tough. Where were you? Rectum? Lung?
>>
>>1114919
>Learn chinese
>Talk to your boss about the fact that you now know chinese and know a way to increase his business a lot. Secure a fat raise and job security. If he doesn't bite take your idea to another chemist shop in the area.
>Start adding signage to your store identifying that staff there speak chinese
>Start adding more signage advertising items that the tourists buy, in dual languages
>Your store reaps mad profits from extra customers which are passed along to you in the form of your raise
>You are shielded from the extra work/cost of dealing with suppliers, having to manage a physical building, getting a good location, etc
>>
>>1114954
the imports would have huge markups legally, which is why these people can bring in suitcases worth and make money; my question wasn't about pursuing this as an actual, legal, venture, but more about grey-market suitcases-full type small stuff.
>>
>>1116277
Ah so pretty much you want to get chemist warehouse out of the picture, and buy bulk then sell directly to the chinese holiday makers? Sounds alright.
>>1115735 this guy seems to know whats' up
>>
Just exercise extreme caution if you were to do this, and then visit china.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.