[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to start a small business

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: open-your-own-business-sign.jpg (56KB, 468x305px) Image search: [Google]
open-your-own-business-sign.jpg
56KB, 468x305px
I'm looking to start my own business but not sure in which area, I am open to most.

I was thinking of going through lists of ideas and searching for similar businesses in my area to see the level of competition.

I also wondered whether just setting up a few different ventures on a very small scale to start with then ditching the rest and running with 1 should it start to pick up.

Is this sensible or wasting time? Should I just pick one and gamble? Any advice appreciated!

Not looking to be a millionaire, just work hard for myself and have a comfortable income eventually.
>>
>>1110513
What are you good at, dude?
>>
That's part of the problem. I don't know entirely, I'm not a computer whizz. I can write well but have done a variety of jobs.

You think having a genuine interest/skill is most important factor?
>>
>>1110541
It's THE most important factor. If you aren't skilled or passionate about something, don't start a business around it. Get some experience and improve your work ethic, because without either of those your company with have a much higher likelihood of failing.
>>
I have plenty of experience and a high work ethic (much higher than the country i'm in). But surely if I find something I believe in and willing to commit to that is sufficient? I wouldn't commit time and money to something I have no interest in of course.
>>
>>1110567
You're WAY underestimating how difficult this is. It takes much more than commitment and passion to be a successful entrepreneur, though both are required. You need to be cautious. You need to have the restraint to expand within your bounds. You need to prepare for every possible scenario in advance. You need to be emotionless in how you hire employees, and when it's necessary to lay them off or fire them if necessary. You need to be socially fit when dealing with customers or contractees. Above all, you need to be a good decision maker. You need to cut corners whenever possible. You may need to sacrifice some of your assets or workers if business is slow and you're at a risk of failing, especially during recessions.

Above all, you need to at least have an idea of what the fuck you're doing, which you clearly don't.
>>
Based on the brief information you got? Guess you've missed out on many opportunities if that's how you have ran your businesses. More fool you, sir.
>>
>>1110513

I see these threads all the time....

You need to have worked for someone doing something first. Get good at whatever that thing is, then go start your own.
>>
im guessing that you have :
>0 money
>0 ideas
>0 experience and actual skills
>0 connections

yeah its a waste of time.
>>
Successful people dont chase money they chase ideas. They are passionate about something and do it. If its a million dollar idea then your set but money is never what drives a successful person.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.