[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Health insurance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: All-About-Dog-Shoes.jpg (48KB, 500x339px) Image search: [Google]
All-About-Dog-Shoes.jpg
48KB, 500x339px
Does /biz/ know health insurance?

I used to enroll in my employer's high deductable plan because it was cheaper and I pretty much never used it. The plan has higher deductibles but provides an HSA that they contribute like 500 bucks a year to.

This year I switched to the low deductable higher coverage plan becuse I am becoming an old fag and I might require surgery. With all the potential costs and complications of major surgery I thougut it wise to have the higher coverage levels.

So, it turns out I get to keep my HSA ( with almost 1k in it I never used) and still use it for tax free medical spending. Coming in super handy for little things like dental copays and the like. Since I am not enrolled in a high deductable plan I can not contribute to the HSA, just use the money already there.

I am wondering if it makes sense to alternate coverages year to year? Like. Get that fucking gall bladder surgery and a few other big expenses knocked out this year while I have high coverage, then go back to the high deductible plan next year, pocket another 500 bucks, and dump the premium savings into the HSA for tax relief. Then switch back to the low deductable plan the next year to take advantage of lower deductibles ( I now get to pay with pretax hsa dollars).

It seems like this would be the best way to do insurance so long as one can put off non emergency treatment during the high deductable years, then get everything done during the low deductable years.

Is this too mundane for biz? Do any of you spooks work in medical insurance ?
>>
You can't predict when you will need surgery, so it isn't worth switching. You can predict that over time you will use more and more medical. You do go to the gym, right?
>>
My gall bladder needs to be removed. I pretty much get to decide when it happens. So I can predict that. And people frequently plan major surgeries ( joint replacements and old person shit like that) years in advance. So you can. Sometimes.

I agree you can't predict needing emergency surgery or getting in a car accident. But I can choose when I get my ball bladder removed, or when I eventually need a hip replacement.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.