[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I at a disadvantage if I don't go to business school?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1448245894212.png (232KB, 496x471px) Image search: [Google]
1448245894212.png
232KB, 496x471px
Am I at a disadvantage if I don't go to business school?
>>
>>1109181
bumping for answer to this I'm 20. Can I learn everything I need to off the internet/books?
>>
>>1109238
yes, but you will always be the looser without degree
>>
>>1109238
Yeah, you can and you wouldn't waste money, but, they are going to look for someone with a degree

Do you have a degree and are talking about a masters, or, do you mean you are working at an unskilled-semi skilled profession?

Please explain your job and income situation
>>
>>1109247
I'm a 20 year old that is taking a break from community college until fall. I work as a lifeguard/pizza delivery driver. I am taking this time off from school to improve my life, learn more about business in general and saving money to invest.
>>
>>1109181
Depends what you want to do.

My experience: if you're looking for an office job, they tend to look for people with degrees.

If you want to start your own business, then fuck degrees, they won't be any use.

Really just depends what you want to do
>>
>>1109495
So the only purpose it to have a piece of paper?
>>
>>1109181

Nah fuck business school its a waste.

So sales for 1 year. Also pick up a textbook on accounting, and a textbook on management. Read them both.

You'll learn more on this path than wasting 4 fucking years doing that gay shit.
>>
Business schools are shit. Even the specialized curriculum is shit. MBAs are shit. They're basically problem solving 101 + some jargon + some ideas cribbed from economics with the serial numbers barely filed off.

Get a degree in something else.
>>
>>1109181
Well it depends. I have really smart friends that when it came to business they were shit. Failed their businesses, that I foresaw, because they liked the idea of doing a business. They didnt do their research like I did for 4 years.

Colleslaw making business failed.
restaurant failed.

even tho most businesses fail on their first attempt, they were doomed from the start because they had no idea what they were doing.

I mean I have a preety good self taught understanding of chemistry. Would I venture doing industria chemicals in my basement? People with degrees would advise me against that
>>
>>1109251
if you arent already moderately well off just go to fucking college like everyone else and DONT have a kid and you can retire at 35 i guarantee it
>>
i learned stuff at business school because i took stat, econometrics, supply chain, and programming classes

i don't see what marketing and 'management' people are doing. can't you learn that in the cubicle?
>>
>>1109708

I have a strong opinions about coleslaw. If it's sweet, I don't eat.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.