[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Banks are hiring Ethereum developers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 1

File: TDCanadaTrustEthereum.png (100KB, 1453x705px) Image search: [Google]
TDCanadaTrustEthereum.png
100KB, 1453x705px
Are you on the right side of history? Google "td canada trust careers ethereum" if you think I'm bullshitting you.
>>
>Ethereum comes before bitcoin
>ripple tacked on as afterthought

Moon
>>
>>1108896
>TD looking for any sort of crypto developers
>one of the most hostile banks in Canada towards crypto

I guess they've received enough hate-mail.
>>
>>1108896
History of what? 10 years from now all that will be remembered is that there was a funky coin called bitcoin which bubbled and then faded into non-existance and that banks pioneered blockchain technology. Altcoins like ethereum will be a footnote at the bottom of the page.
>>
>>1108902
Yup. Someone corporate with brains actually understands Ethereum.

>>1108905
Are you the same guy whose comeback to Ethereum is "Russian scam"? You don't get it dummy, its really happening this time.
>>
>>1108908
Um nope
>>
>>1108905
In 10 years time all history will be immutably stored on the Ethereum blockchain and you'll still be a poor man
>>
>>1108918
>ethereum blockchain
>not the Microsoft blockchain
Kek
>>
>>1108925
Oh you're that guy...

Bought any microsoft shares yet?
>>
>>1108905
>>1108915
>>1108925
SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU RETARDED TECH ILLITERATE MONKEY
>>
>>1108930
Why would I? Blockchain isnt a cash cow. What happened with Bitcoin was a one time freak occurance because of hype and speculation. Blockchain tech is an improvement on existing models but lets face it, there are very few ways to monetize the technology besides offering consulting services, which is what your little Ethereum project is trying to do when they consult out to banks and tech companies (besides selling you ether to fund their development). Its what happens when you have open source non-proprietary tech. It becomes a free for all.
>>
>>1108938
Uh oh someone is a little mad...
>>
>>1108948
But it is a huge cashcow though. You don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>1108896
>Buying neetcoins

Kek
>>
>>1108953
>being poor

Kok
>>
>>1108948
You're wrong, or at least looking at this from the wrong perspective. Look at Apple vs Google Android. When Android got released on the first HTC, Apple owned the whole market. They had phones, they had apps, but it was a walled garden. As a dev, you had no power. Android, on the other hand is open source. Its 2015 now and Android absolutely wrecked the IPhone on market share, year after year. Why? Because an open ecosystem allows devs to make money by creating value added services. This is exactly the Ethereum-Gas model.

Walled gardens will fail. Look at Google App Engine back in 2011 when it had a whitelist of java classes it supported but you had to use google-specifc stuff to lock your application in. It just didn't catch on. Amazon released a game engine where you must use their backend or your own baremetal, nobody budget. Everyone is on UE 4 which used to cost $15/m and is free until you give away 5% royalty payment if your game makes it. Im astounded you don't see the parallels, especially if you work in software.
>>
Unless ETH's value hits triple digits, no one is gonna be a millionaire from this. Still a great opportunity to make big (relative terms) money.
>>
>>1108952
>no you're wrong
.... I'm waiting for the part where you explain to me how. How do you monetize an open source protocol? (besides the obvious way of creating a fake currency and assigning it value then keeping a lot of said currency)
>>
>>1108963
Apples to oranges (or in this case android). They have significantly different business models. Only the base operating system for android devices is open source. Everything else including the android market (google play) is not. I dont get how you came to the conclusion that devs dont make money on the Apple platform or that open ecosystems, which GooglePlay is not, somehow foster more value added services. Your whole point is mostly irrelevant. Blockchain is a protocol, not an individual business platform. It doesnt need to conform to any one method and Ethereum sure doesnt have any way to corner "market share" of something non-proprietary. Your developers can be superdy duper awesome but developers are only as good as the ideas they spawn. Once its out there, its open season.
>>
>>1109024
Apples to Oranges it is not, else Apple wouldn't lose market share to Google. I never said devs don't make money on Apple's ecosystem, I said they lose control of their product. Control is important. Anyway Im out for lunch.
>>
Oh yeah, sitting on my nice pile of 970 ETH. Let's wait for a nice $1000 for that Ferrari money.
>>
>>1108905

Ethereum is not a coin. It is platform, Ether is the token to use the platform. Stop being retarded.
>>
>>1109029
Explain to me how Apple is losing control of their product because Androids operating system is open source. They have different business models, plain and simple. Some people prefer the iPhone to the Galaxy S6 and vice versa. In Europe the Android market is actually losing ground to Apple. Again, this has absolutely nothing to do with the app market because neither iphone app store or google play platforms are open source. They both allow open source apps on their markets but that is entirely besides the point. If iOS or android developers want to give away thier IP for free they are welcome to do so.
>>
>>1109061
>reading comprehension
Point out to me where I said ethereum is a coin.
>>
>>1109068

>Point out to me where I said ethereum is a coin.
>>1108905
>"Altcoins like ethereum"

Do you have Alzheimer's? Or are all Ethereum bashers this dumb?
>>
>>1109079
>being this anal
"Altcoin" is a common term which refers to any cryptocurrency which isnt Bitcoin. I didnt come up with it. No crypto is an actual physical coin, dummy. It shouldnt even be a point of contention.
>>
>>1109098

>*post something dumb*
>that's dumb
>"show me how"
>here you go
>"y-you're being anal"

You're calling me anal after explicitly asking me to show you where you fucked up? Wew lad.

>"Altcoin" is a common term which refers to any cryptocurrency which isnt Bitcoin

And back to square one we go, Ethereum isn't a currency, it is a platform. Please come back when you're at least 18 with an IQ above 40.
>>
>>1109108
Don't be so angry, you sound like the AKSHESHELLY nerd.

I know you guys are betas irl, but sheesh get a grip
>>
>>1109108
No I'm calling you anal when I realized you thought I was trying to say that ether was a coin when I used the term "altcoin". Its a pretty silly thing for you to take issue with.
>>
>>1108896
Banks are interested in developers of blockchain technologies. That's perfectly logical. But how stupid do you have to be that you think they would pick this thing called ethereum instead of developing their own? You're either very unintelligent, or a shill.
>>
>>1109110

What are you even talking about?

>>1109120

>you thought I was trying to say that ether was a coin

No I didn't, nice try to salvage your retarded self but its clear you're a clueless bumblefuck who doesn't understand what he's trying to insult. Ether is Ether Ethereum is Ethereum. Go shitpost somewhere else where people are dumb enough to not catch you out.
>>
>>1109128
This. Its the reason that they are even trying to recruit them on the first place. Otherwise they would just contact the Ethereum Foundation or Ripple Labs directly and say "hey we want to use your platform, we dont want to develop our own". The fact that they want to bring blockchain devs in-house is proof that they never intended to actually use Bitcoin, Ripple or Ethereum but that they want the source code for a custom blockchain which more fits their individual needs.
>>
>>1109064
Compare how many alternative distribution methods Android developers have vs Apple devs and you'll have your answer. If Apple doesnt approve your app or pulls it, you're pretty much screwed or you go to those chinese app stores where youre still screwed. If Android doesn't approve your app you go Amazon Underground and you're in business.
>>
>>1109134
Lol wow
>>
>>1109149
The point I think you're getting at is that because Ethereum platform is decentralized there is no governing body to pull the app or censor it within yhe Ethereum Dapps framework. I get it. But this has nothing to do with the protocol being open source. Yes, it must be open source since there is no central server, but because it is open source it allows any entity to replicate the protocol or use it towards their own means. Ethereum can not corner the market on decentralized apps or smart contracts. It is an impossibility. The only there isnt more competition in the smartphone space and the market share is owned almost entirely by google and apple is because of patents and intellectual property rights. If you think that Android is fully open source and released all of its IP and that is why they are successful you are wrong. Check out the "patent wars" to see what I mean.
>>
>>1109177
We're talking about the same thing bud. I believe the difference of opinion is that I think Ethereum will have enough momentum to establish itself as the largest player, while you're more concerned about a powerful entity moving in on it. I guess we'll live and see, but let me tell you when I saw that TD posting, it got me excited.
>>
>>1109186
I think if Ethereum was more protected and able to retain rights on work it was developing it would be in a really good spot. Considering they pulled in $18m from the last round of angel investments that should last them until mid year. If they were a normal startup they probably would be getting buyout offers right about now. They aren't a normal startup however. Any tech they are developing is free to duplicate. No company would spend millions of dollars to buy them out if they can just take the source code and build on it. Ethereum might be successful in a grassroots type of path that Bitcoin took but I imagine that when major players start releasing blockchain applications those are going to be where this tech sees the light of day. There's nothing wrong with rooting for the little guy, but I personally would never bet on him.
>>
>>1109224
if they were closed source they would never be able to attract the community of developers that they have attracted.

The DAO is an entirely new business model. Many DAOs will run on the ethereum blockchain and ethereum itself is a proto-DAO
>>
Anything that runs on the Ethereum network must use ether no matter who develops it. When you invest you're buying ether.

This notion that some company is going to just make their own Ethereum is hilarious. They'd have to develop their own entire block chain and get people to buy in from scratch. LMFAO @that happening.
>>
>>1109230
I agree with that. I dont think they would have gotten this far without an open source protocol.

>>1109246
I dont think you understand that banks, companies and even countries are already developing their own blockchains. To think that blockchain tech is limited to Ethereum and Ether is short sighted.
>>
>>1109256
You cannot "develop your own blockchain". You don't understand that a blockchain fundamentally cannot be centrally controlled.

It's only utility is in trustless computation. Central control removes that utility.
>>
>>1109268
Who said anything about central control? And yes, anyone can develop a blockchain (or just copy the code for an existing one). A Microsoft cloud based blockchain developer environment would be sponsored by MS but not centralized.
>>
>>1109278
fairy stories bro.

Microsoft would never develop anything without being able to control it.
>>
>>1109291
I think you might want to do some more research.
>they already are
>>
>>1108896
What is Ripple doing there?
>>
>>1109108
>>1109134

Entertainment at its finest.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.