[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Consultancy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: light headed.png (144KB, 383x275px) Image search: [Google]
light headed.png
144KB, 383x275px
Redpill me on consultants. How many of these information spinners are just parasites taking advantage of people not knowing the subject they get hired to spout bullshit about?
>>
>selling your knowledge and experience is wrong
>>
>>1108824
It's not about that. It's about you in the role of the consumer having any sort of guarantee that the service you purchase is worth the money.
>>
>>1108819

Ok. What people don't seem to understand is, that the same way that you have temp-agencies for cleaners, secretaries, or whatever, you also have temp-agencies for skilled labor like accountants (accounting firms) and middle management (consultancies). Most of the work that consultants do is just glorified temping for MBAs. They are hired for a short period from outside of the company, because no one inside has time to sit down and think about a particular problem. It's not really that weird.
>>
>>1108819
In the financial world (and in most of life) you can make any kind of convincing argument for what the future will hold.

You can make an argument for why it is time to buy something, or sell that same thing, hold on to it, etc, and if you're not a complete moron, they will all sound completely logical and plausible.
>>
I work in consulting, specifically on the public affairs/lobbying side. In my experience, the two leading factors for success are related experience (being an SME) and using established relationships and reputation to leverage positive outcomes for clients.

A lot of people have this parasitic perception of consultancy but the proof is in the pudding. A company pays us $25,000 and we help them access over $10 million in government funds using our knowledge and experience. Less like a parasite, more like a steroid.
>>
File: Consultants.jpg (106KB, 400x335px) Image search: [Google]
Consultants.jpg
106KB, 400x335px
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.