[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why invest in ETH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10

File: money.jpg (159KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
money.jpg
159KB, 800x450px
why invest in ETH
>>
Dont.
Invest in Lisk. Thank me later.
>>
>>1107315
It will form the basis of the future internet of things.

The dapps created on ethereum will bring fortune and great joy to many.
>>
>>1107320
Lisk is an ethereum rip off. Won't go anywhere because what makes ethereum special is the carefylly cultivated connections in banking, crypto and mainstream IT

Lisk has none of that, just a couple of spammy threads on bitcointalk
>>
>>1107328
But it doesn't matter, the technology matters. Doesn't Lisk have better technology?
>>
>>1107341
No it doesn't in fact. Lisk is a fork of failed shitcoin crypti with some shitty stuff tacked on.

Also its created by ex NXT bagholders in chief and has zero banking and mainstream IT connections.

just a couple of broke jews trying to make a fast buck off ethereum hype
>>
File: Снимо232к.png (1MB, 1125x947px) Image search: [Google]
Снимо232к.png
1MB, 1125x947px
So, what is potential limit of ETH growth? I heard about it when bunch of losers started to butthurt about missed 6$ peak.
Should i wait until the price settles down or..?
>>
>>1107423
>So, what is potential limit of ETH growth?

It's totally going to the moon this time
>>
File: 12421421412 (3).png (434KB, 974x871px) Image search: [Google]
12421421412 (3).png
434KB, 974x871px
>>1107435
Read couple of threads, ETH looks promising af
People also been talking about LISK, but is looks like a total ripoff of Ethereum Project.
>>
>>1107444
Eth will be triple the price within a few months. In a year or 2 it will be 20X
>>
>>1107324

It will be the platform for common, instant, trustless bank ledgers no matter what form on currency they use.

It will be one of, if not THE platform for business contracts.

Basically, OP is asking if it's a good idea to invest in the future world supercomputer. What do you think, OP?
>>
>>1107571
Huh
Too bad i have like 5$ in my pocket now.
being a 18 years old in the poorest region of Russia sucks
>>
>>1107622
Buy ETH faggot!
>>
>>1107632
well, i'm gonna buy one.
Gotta start from somewhere
>>
>>1107639
Do people in russia know about ETH?
>>
>>1107646
Never heard anyone talking about it, honesty. people are kinda scared to deal with cryptocoins here, since goverments wants to make them illegal to use.
>>
>>1107646
not yet.
>>
>>1107622
> get a tan
> dump your passport
> go to urope (denmark, or some rich country)
> say you're an syrian refugee
> get better job
> get more money
> ???
> profit
>>
>>1107565
>Eth will be triple the price within a few months. In a year or 2 it will be 20X

What makes you think that?
>>
>Shitcoins
>Investing

You are not "investing" by buying into it, you're just gambling that you won't be a bag holder

No bank is ever going to use an obscure shitcoin created by an autistic russian teenager for the sole purpose of pumping n dumping
>>
>>1108188
Yes, I'd like to solve:

"Exchange crypto into fiat money"
>>
>>1108188

>No bank is ever going to use

ETH is the token to use computation time on the decentralized global supercomputer, they do not have a choice. Please learn about things before you shitpost.
>>
How can I as an average PC user use ETH? What does the whole decentralized platform mean? Programming working as intended? Someone please just give me an example because it's driving me the fuck insane.
>>
>>1108228
>muh decentralized global supercomputers

any business worth it's salt already has a supercomputer or access to one

when microsoft wants to get shit done they'll call IBM, not fuck around with some meme coin

as for the average user, what the fuck do they need a supercomputer for? what do they need done that a regular processor couldn't do

>inb4 memes
>inb4 no real genuine response
>>
>>1107435
Yeah, just like doge coin went to the moon. Every fucking crypto mentioned on this board is "going to the moon".

I'm not saying it won't inflate, but everyone who mutters those 3 words is a goddamn retard.
>>
>>1108240

I thought about creating a proper argument, then I realized your understanding is very, very low and you're not an intelligent person and you're not tech savvy. The less normies that know about Ethereum right now, the better. Your ignorance only enriches me more later.

I remember back in Bitcoin's early days, it was the same thing. Difference is this is going to hit 5x harder and produce 10x the amount of regret tears. Don't buy ETH, leave that to me and those who are smart enough to invest in the future.
>>
>>1108252
I'm not looking to argue, what do people right now need a super computer for?

Why would a normie developer need one? All the people who need one already have one or can contract with someone who has one
>>
Remember when XMR/Monero was shilled as going to the moon?
>>
>>1108256

Nobody needs a supercomputer, you're right man its useless.
>>
99.99% of altcoins were ultimately pumped and dumped at some point

what's the difference between ether and the other shitcoins?
>>
>>1108256
He doesnt know. Thats the point. None of these ETH shills know shit about tech. All they can do is regurgitate info from the devs and random crypto news articles.
>>
File: farsidewolvessheep.jpg (45KB, 280x360px) Image search: [Google]
farsidewolvessheep.jpg
45KB, 280x360px
What the hell do you guys do for fun?
>>
>>1108218
>>1108228

>Use USD fiat currency to buy shitcoins
>Tell everyone that shitcoins are the currency of the future and will replace shitcoins
>Wait for shitcoins to raise in value
>Exchange shitcoins for useless USD fiat currency
Brag to everyone about how you are now rich with useless USD fiat currency because you sold all of your currency of the future
>So fucking stupid that you don't even understand the contradiction

Literally every shitcoin ever
>>
File: smallnadskelly.jpg (30KB, 421x403px) Image search: [Google]
smallnadskelly.jpg
30KB, 421x403px
>>1107315
dont

invest in vanilla

this weekend is release of chain grinder

nice pump coming

>praise jesus or ke or satan w.e
>>
File: soonbob.jpg (13KB, 232x197px) Image search: [Google]
soonbob.jpg
13KB, 232x197px
>>1108317
revive and stabilize trauma patients

and

crypto
>>
>>1108323
Oh I'm not saying it's currency of the future (still viable currency on its own) . I'm saying it's a good thing to make money off of.

Ayyy
>>
File: soonish.jpg (219KB, 979x650px) Image search: [Google]
soonish.jpg
219KB, 979x650px
>>1108333
you stole my get

now kek is mad and will make vanilla rise to 57k

thanks
>>
>>1108313

You would do better to gather your own information, I am not bothered to explain the benefits of the Ethereum platform.

>>1108313

Shill when I refused to give him info and convince him? That's not a shill, learn definitions of things before you use them.

>All they can do is regurgitate info from the devs and random crypto news articles.

You're right, because I should instead be hovering over Gavin Wood and Vitalik's shoulders like a hyperactive child asking them what they're doing. We all get our information from the internet. Did you visit a company's HQ before you bought their shares? No. You mouth-breathed your way through some random news articles and Nepalese crystal healing forum posts you retarded cunt. I know more than enough about the Ethereum platform to know it will succeed.

>>1108323

Ether is the token to buy computation time on the Ethereum network. It is not a currency, it is not a currency, it is not a currency, it is not supposed to act like or replace any cryptocurrency or fiat currency.

Just how many times does it need to be said, tell me? It is not a currency, it is a token for using the Ethereum network. I literally feel like fucking Frank Grimes around a bunch of nigger Homer Simpsons. You do not even know what you're trying to insult here kid.
>>
>>1108362
>Just how many times does it need to be said, tell me?

Then perhaps you need to start educating the bagholders, because this is literally the shit they are spamming in threads
>>
>>1108330

Ambalamps driver?
>>
>>1108368

I'm not on a fucking campaign to educate anyone. I couldn't anyway, I as one guy cannot spread knowledge to everyone on this board. The most annoying thing in this whole long process is the amount of autistic chucklefuck kids who play around with ETH like its the latest memecoin and pump and dump it. It doesn't affect me, on the contrary, it gives me opportunities to buy up more during the dumps. The only shame is that it shits all over the hard work from the developers and discredits the whole platform. The Ethereum project unfortunately came too late, there are almost 700 fucking altcoins, each more useless and memey than the last. The early adopters and supporters of Ethereum have been kids who have by now just assumed everything which has a traded coin is a pump n dump meme.

I have faith that the progress will soar and the faggots won't be able to play around anymore.

I am in for the long term, yes, I plan to sell. Its an investment to me. It will become a valued and demanded item and it will stay that way. This is the Bitcoin story all over again with a big difference, they serve totally different purposes, but the similarity is they were all heavily ridiculed when they came out. I remember when Bitcoins were under a fucking dollar and we joked sending them to each other in the hundreds. One guy paid like 5000 Bitcoins for a pizza for a laugh. Oh how they're kicking themselves now. Despite Bitcoin being fundamentally flawed and a failed experiment its still worth hundreds of dollars, so imagine Ether's performance when even flopped projects are still valuable. I am definitely not going to miss this time for something with orders of magnitude more potential.
>>
>>1107315
invest ya kike, cos me mom needs a new kidney. ya dig? TRANSLATION: I WILL FUCK YOU UP QUICKER THAN MPTP-LACED HEROIN. YA BIT - YA BIT, BOIII
>>
>>1108368

I wasn't exactly right about the pizza story.

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-pizza-day-celebrating-pizza-bought-10000-btc/

>Bought on 22nd May 2010 by Laszlo Hanyecz, the programmer paid a fellow Bitcoin Talk forum user 10,000 BTC for two Papa John’s pizzas. Back then – when the technology was just over a year old – that equated to roughly $25, but is $5.12m by today’s exchange rate.

He probably fights the urges to kill himself every second. As a fucking programmer he should have been savvy enough to see the value in the future which is the kicker here, he had no excuse of ignorance.
>>
>>1108441

Forgot to mention

>At bitcoin’s all-time high last December, the pizzas would have been worth an eye-watering $11.47m

He definitely has PTSD triggered by the words 'Bitcoin' or 'Pizza'.
>>
>>1108441
>>1108444

jesus christ lmao
>>
>>1107799
Lol, a LOT of people from Chechnya tried to do this shit.
They failed.
>>
>>1108441
>le puzza storie
>gais look sum wun give away so much butcoins foe a puzza!
>Wat a tard lel he shud noe that butcoins gonup too a thousind lyke other 5 peples that hold
>if he keep butcoins he millunair nao!
>moral of storie is dun be stoopid dun give eth foe puzza becuz if do peple b sad :(
>>
I can't believe this shit is actually going somewhere.

I didn't listen to you turds in January and now look at me.
>>
>>1108501
Yea its hard to measure retardation. We all thought bitcoin was stupid as fuck but yet look at how many idiots bought it when it was $1200/coin. They didnt even slightly consider that there was market manipulation going on? Especially when Bitcoin STILL to this day really has no practical use except to buy drugs online? Its fucking mind boggling to me how many idiots there are in this world. I'm still scratching my head how pairs of Kanye's yeezy shoes were selling for thousands of dollars at a markup percentage that would make car manufacturers blush or that people are actually leasing $700 smartphones now. One thing I have learned is to never underestimate the greed and stupidity of your average person.
>>
>>1108508
Yeah. I wonder if what happened with bitcoin will happen here. Not 1000+ per, I'm not that stupid hopefully, but where I was debating buying at 40 dollars each and thought it wouldn't go any higher.

I have done 0 research on this outside of the initial idea by the autistic guy explaining it. Has it had any media coverage yet?
>>
>>1108236
http://dapps.ethercasts.com
>>
>>1108516
It probably will go higher just based on meme power alone. Dont believe anything the shills say though. You dont want to end up like the bitcoin bagholders who bought at $800 and are still waiting for moon. The likelihood of Eth going mainstream is slim to none.
>>
Yo i just bought some bitcoin and want to use shapeshift.io to get some ether, but i dont have an eth wallet, what is the easiest way to set one up? That is safe?
>>
>>1108548
https://www.myetherwallet.com/

i used this and so have many other people anon, just make sure you keep all your details safe and secure
>>
Current state of ethereum is still in beta. Once homestead is released at the beginning of march there will be a proper dapp browser.

Then there is metropolis release where ethereum will be proof of stake and scaled up

Between these 2 releases there will be the first few prototype DAPPS

There's also the other applications in IOT see (slock.it and canonical phone) that could make ethereum huge in the meantime
>>
So, guys, I'm not a tech guy at all, but...isn't ETH used to make operations in that Etherium-whatever? Doesn't that mean that if ETH becomes expensive, small companies won't be able to participate to that system since its too expensive?
>>
>>1108579
Nope. When a company is paid with eth it's like accepting shares as payment. The worth can go up or down. You can charge fractions of a coin so it doesn't hurt anybody.
>>
>>1108593
Beautiful
>>
Anyone know the most direct way to buy ETH with Paypal or a credit card?
>>
>>1108579
The actual answer is that the price of ETH is geared down internally using 'gas' which is set by a market within the miner so that whatever the price of ETH the price of gas will be the same for the dapps

Kind of like changing gears on a bicycle to go uphill
>>
Hi guys. I'm new to cryptocurrency but I like the potential long term investment rewards with ETH. Should I invest before March or should I spend a little more time educating myself? It seems like something I should get on to quickly but I'm not sure
>>
>>1108616
Whats the american version of bittylicious?
>>
>>1108621
If you havent even used bitcoin before you should definitely learn the basics before you start messing around with ETH
>>
>>1108621
Spent time educationg.
It shouldn't take a lot of time, week maybe, to learn the basic stuff.
>>
>>1108625
>>1108631
Thanks, I've got a couple of resources re bitcoin so I'll try and get at least a requisite understanding of cryptos before March 9
>>
>>1108633
Why March 9? What's gonna happen on that day?
>>
>>1108636
Moon
>>
Ha ha, good luck seeing these returns with indexing, conservative cucks!
>>
You might as well ask why invest in Better Bitcoin op
>>
>>1108498
what was the purpose of this post? Like, what were you meant to be satirising exactly?
>>
>>1108433
i can't say for sure what my position is on ETH, but i've seen you post all over this board and if nothing else i admire how much you really believe in what you're doing
>>
File: 1234567.jpg (46KB, 630x419px) Image search: [Google]
1234567.jpg
46KB, 630x419px
>>1111959
vanilla

vanilla

vanilla

gay sechs
>>
>>1112488
Stop trying to get people to make the same mistake you did. VNL is nothing more than a shitcoin.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.