[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

its 2016. why do you not take adderall to help you focus and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: adderall-fb[1].jpg (391KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
adderall-fb[1].jpg
391KB, 1200x800px
its 2016.

why do you not take adderall to help you focus and work smarter and harder towards your success?
>>
>>1106267
I took it for a semester and it made me feel like a drug addict, the side effects fucking sucked
>>
>>1106267
used to take it - too addictive for me - I am going back on ritalin though
>>
>>1106276
i feel like ritalin doesnt really work?

what dosage do you take it at that you feel it is effective?
>>
>>1106267
Because I have adhd, and that shit just makes me zone out.

I have much better focus on a low dose of opiates, usually Percocet.
>>
>>1106279
Concerta 54mg works or 72mg.

I take it for subtle concentration increase.

Adderall at high enough doses to get a speeding effect is bad for biz because you can come off as a sped up freak, and eventually you crash causing a net decrease in work done because of how much you sleep. And if you sleep all day for a week a month you come off as unreliable.
>>
>>1106288
>>1106267
Also, just to be clear I am taking this medicine legally as prescribed by a doctor for ADD.

Taking this stuff illegally isn't worth it. A felony will kill your chances of getting a job.
>>
>>1106267
I tried vyvanse for a while back in college. Well first off it completely killed my appetite and made my head feel like it was running in overdrive. I would get dry mouth and drink plenty but basically piss it out immediately.

If I let it run out of my system I would literally sleep for like 20 hours and eat a ton.

As far as studying it helped me spend more time studying, but I don't really think I was retaining more information. I suppose it helped me finish some programming projects. Mostly it motivated me to be more interested in doing stuff that I probably would have just procrastinated on otherwise.

Oh and after a while I started getting suicidal thoughts, so yeah I just stick with coffee these days and it gives me plenty of a boost.
>>
>>1106288
>>1106267
Also ritalin doesn't completely kill my testosterone.
>>
>>1106267
Because Captagon is better.
>>
>>1106267
I tried it on college. It didn't really do much for me.

I don't have ADD and I have zero problems focusing to begin with. Literally no different than just drinking a coffee for me.
>>
>>1106267
side effects are shitty

try nootropics
>>
I take it now because ADHD. It's made such a big improvement in my life. I'm finally not failing everything. I feel like naturally I'm just not cutout for typical work life and would thrive in a less attention demanding Era. But one must adapt I guess. The side effects are annoying (insomnia) but overall it's manageable and helps me so much. Thanks big pharma
>>
Because I take Adrafinil.
>>
>>1106267
used to take it until it made my heart beat rise above 100bpm and the armpit under my left arm hurt

have like 200 dexedrine sitting on my desk too but i rarely take it because the side effects are similar
>>
>>1106325
>try placebos

FTFY
>>
>>1106267

>2016
>clouding your mind with any man made chemical

ISHYGDDT
>>
Coffee.
>>
>>1106267
I've never really needed them. My focus is on point and I've learned to force myself to do great work.

Plus that shits for kids and autists.
>>
>>1106331
You're welcome, autist.
>>
>>1106325
nootropics are shit.

Only good thing you can buy online is modafanil and it's relatives like armodafanil

piracetam, choline and all that other shit suck, a healthy diet and regular exercise, coffee and large amounts of fishoil are all options that work 1000x better than that shit anyday.
>>
>>1106390
>Only good thing you can buy online is modafanil and it's relatives like armodafanil

Neither of those are nootropics you idiot.
>>
>>1106340
This.
It's 2016 not 2006, get your shit together. Adderal is just meth for scared fags.
>>
try concentration meditation. work up to the first jhana then cruise on the feel good afterglow afterwards.
>>
Because I don't want to wear my body out with daily doses of amphetamines whoring myself for some company. I know too many people who got themselves addicted that way.
>>
>>1106267

I'm pretty sure my brain development got fucked from being prescribed daily Adderall back in 5th grade, now (at 23) I'm almost worthless without my medication.

Judging from my own experience, Adderall and Vyvanse encourage shitty work/study habits because they cause an adrenaline surge to motivate you. This had the effect of making it so I could only get shit done when there was a crushing sense of urgency, like if the deadline was tomorrow or if other people were counting on me. Eventually even this stopped working as I burned out and I just ended up handing in all of my papers for classes late because the fear of outright failing a class was the only thing that could convince me to get shit done any more.
>>
>>1106267
>freshman year
>smoke a lot of weed
>dependent on adderall to study and take tests
>drop 15lbs in a semester and gain 20lbs next semester
>end up with 2.7GPA

>sophomore year
>drink a lot of alcohol
>no adderall, some coke, very little weed
>go to the gym a lot
>end up with 3.1GPA and abs

Adderall is prescribed meth.
>>
>>1106267
>2016
>taking drugs to increase work productivity at all

Coffee is more than enough
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.