[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BANKS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: images.duckduckgo.com.png (385KB, 615x348px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.png
385KB, 615x348px
>Call local branch of Capital One Bank.
>ME: "Hi, I have a cashier's check worth $44,000 that I'd like to redeem at your bank for cash."
>BANK: "Don't you think it's dangerous to walk around with that much money?"
>ME: "No."
>BANK: "Well, I'm sorry, we can't do that."
>ME: "Why not?"
>BANK: "Because we don't have that much cash here."
>ME: "One of your colleagues, whom I spoke to last week, told me you'd be able to if I gave you advance notice and requested the funds be available."
>BANK: "I'm sorry; you'd have to open an account, and we'd have to let the check clear, and see how it goes from there."
>ME: "The cashier's check in question was written by your bank: Capital One."
>BANK: "I'm sorry, you'll still have to open an account."
>ME: "Alright, I'll open an account. Once the account is opened, will there be a problem with me immediately closing the account out and taking the money as cash?"
>BANK: "...no --"
>ME: "So, you're telling me that you *do*, in fact, have the cash on hand, right now?"
>BANK: "...yes --"
>ME: "Thank you; I'll be right over." *click*

Actually, the last three or four lines were more along the lines of "that's fine, but we don't carry that much cash at our branch normally, and will have to make arrangements to have that much on-hand in advance."

Anyway, what the FUCK is up with that? I have a CASHIER'S CHECK made out to ME for $44k; why the HELL can I not just waltz into a Capital One bank branch and trade it in for a nice bag of cash?! IT'S MY MONEY AND I WANT IT NOW! Are banks just greedy fucks who'll do anything to keep your money, or are they really that cash poor? Why can't I just get the fucking money, /biz/?
>>
>>1105895
Because negative interest rates are going to be the new hotness, the banks figuring most people have converted to all digital they will be powerless to stop it. Also, in most monetary systems today, only a few percent of the money is in paper form. People are already starting to horde it, maybe have been for a few years now, who really knows?
>>
Where can I subscribe

To you blog that is
>>
>>1105895
So did you get your money?
Im really curious. Could i just walk into my bank here in Aus and withdraw all my money? is that allowed?
talking 70k+, I was under the impression you could only get 10k out.
>>
>>1105895
>I have a cashier's check worth $44,000
Stopped reading right there. Bad fiction is bad fiction, especially on 4chan.
>>
>>1105895

This is how the system gets you. Its not your money unless you hold it in your hand.

If i were you i would make an account with them and slowly withdraw it. Or transfer it to a different account
>>
>>1105895
Fractional. Reserve. Banking.

They're only required to keep 10% of the cash they owe people. 3% if you're in the UK. If anyone else was doing it, it would be considered fraud.
>>
>>1105895
So when someone waltzes in to rob the place they don't get $44,000
>>
>>1106594
I was thinking this as well
>>
>>1106202
>$44,000 is a lot of money and completely unattainable
Wow. Maybe stop flipping burgers and get a real job.
>>
ITT OP doesn't understand liquidity
>>
>>1106398
>They're only required to keep 10% of the cash they owe people.

>implying every branch doesn't have millions in deposits, and therefore hundreds of thousands on hand

Sorry, were you under the impression that this bank operated with OP as a sole client?
>>
>>1106132
wtf do you mean "am i allowed" its your money anon
a had a something like op's story happen to me in the usa but they refused to give me $100 bills for something small like a few grand they told me"we need them for the rest of the patrons throughout the day"
so i closed my account on the spot and took the whole bowl of suckers, yes including the bowl
bc if they are going to treat me like one i might as well get something out of it

the teller told me "excuse me mr anon the candies are one per customer " and i told them to charge it to my now closed account

you have to be firm with them is what im saying
>>
Most banks just don't keep that much vault cash on hand. It's not common for someone to ask to withdrawal over $40,000 in physical cash.

I had an issue taking out $11,000 cash one time for a motorcycle I was buying (long story why I needed cash but I did). My teller said no, we can't do that. I went full /pol/ mode on her (who is a nice older lady in her 50's). She's my usual teller so she knows me and I've had a long standing relationship with this bank. Anyhow, she just calmly explained "Anon, we just don't keep that much cash on hand usually. I'm not allowed to tell you how much we keep in our vault but it's not as much as you'd think. Most people just don't take out that much in physical cash. We stock our vault accordingly. Take a seat over there, relax and let me make a few calls. I'll be right back." I figured the cops were on the way because I made a major scene.

She came back and called me back up to the counter. "Anon, we have $6,000 here I can let you withdrawal. I called another branch for you and they have the other $5,000 on hand. You'll have to drive there to get the rest. Is that okay?"

I thanked her and she said in the future if I needed to make a large cash withdrawal I could schedule it in advance for any amount I'd like. That way they would have the cash on hand that day for me to complete the transaction at one location.

Not everything is a conspiracy.
>>
>>1106992
its not a conspiracy but its still pretty unacceptable sometimes shit happens and you need cash like for minor medical things at a clinic that you dont want to go through insurance
you cant schedule when youll need cash all the time
>>
>>1107004
Buy a safe and keep some at home then. I hired a contractor to build a hidden wall panel. Mainly for guns and precious metals but I keep cash in there too.
>>
>>1105895
>It's my money and I want it now

William Matar is that you?
>>
>>1106992
I worked at a branch before and this is exactly my experience.

OP is a dumbass
>>
>>1107008
>Mainly for guns and precious metals but I keep cash in there too

on a scale from redneck to inbred neckbeard redneck, how much of a redneck are you?
>>
>>1107100
It's your american duty to keep and maintain firearms for every man or manchild in your home.
>>
Buy ethereum
>>
>>1106992
Proof positive to get your money out of the banks TODAY. Only keep enough in to do digital transactions
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 494x358px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 494x358px
>>1107100
>>1107102
>>
Threads like this make me wonder why I browse /biz/
>>
>>1107163
???
>>
>>1107164
It's filled with regards thinking a bank is a scam just because it doesn't carry cash on hand due to security risks, people complaining about not getting hundred dollars bills and stealing lollipops. Not to mention everything is a conspiracy or the jews
>>
Its sounds like you are trying to arrange an easy bank robbery or pull off a bad check scam.

>banks gets $40k cash on hand
>robbers show up the same day and take the 40k
>you take the 40K in cash and check bounces

The average take in a bank robbery these days is less than $2,000.
>>
>>1107178
Sounds like a Jewish conspiracy
>>
>>1106982
hahaha, totally stealing this story.
>>
>>1105902

Someone layout for me what negative interests rates will do to America.

> inb4 THAT WONT HAPPEN

It will. Deal with it.
>>
>>1107100
>bawww i'm a faggot scared of guns
>>>/r/eddit
>>
I'd like to see this fag go to a Currency Exchange instead
>>
>>1107178
>everyone who doesnt agree with me is stupid/afraid
i even said its not a conspiracy just an inconvenience when you dont want to fit into the banks cookie cutter idea of what a patron should do with their own money

there were a few people genuinely speaking with the op but you added no value whatsoever
>>
>>1107718
Why would a bank cater to the 0.1% of their customers who plan to walk in (without notice) and take out tens of thousands in cash?

It's a liability from a business perspective to stock that much if it's not needed.

Telling a patron what to do with their own money has nothing to do with it. They're just going along with what most patrons actually do with their own money. If you've got a good bank they'll accommodate you even if you are that 0.1%.
>>
>>1107929
i agree with you, its just an inconvenience and as some others have said its very possible to get around it

the whole thread is more anecdotal imo and i was just wanting to comment that you need to be firm with them bc usually they are "unwilling" to do things outside of the norm unless you have a lot of money with them/ are familiar with that particular branch office

I am not trying to say its nefarious or anything like that
>>
>>1105895
>call bank manager
>"I have enough money for double tendies delight!!"
>mom checks good boy bux bank balance
>mfw 3 short
>REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>u fukin wot m8
>stand there in silent fury, face constantly getting redder, veins popping out, eyes bulging like that weird black woman who's on TV sometimes
>mom slowly backing away
>advance on her, herding her into a corner
>shit so hard my utilikilt flies up like Marilyn Monroe's dress
>spread feces on my face like war paint
>lean in and whisper "it's my money and I want it now"
>leave that bitch quietly sobbing on the floor as I go to her purse and get my tendies bux
>>
>>1107184
This. OP is completely retarded if he's not trolling (which he is). Branches limit what they have in the building because having more cash on premises means they're a more attractive target for robberies. No bank is going to give away their entire float to some moron who just decided to walk in off the street and cash a 44k cheque. They'd have to order the money in which would take a few days and even then it's risky as fuck and they have good reason to believe you're a criminal so they're not gonna make it easy and I don't blame them.

>>1106982
>>1107992
So you were completely selfish and unreasonable and you threw a tantrum on the way out the door? I'm sure they were real happy to lose your business. They're "unwilling" to do things outside of the norm because it's either disruptive or dangerous or both. You weren't "firm" with them, you just acted like an entitled piece of shit.
>>
File: wallpaper-851055.jpg (668KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper-851055.jpg
668KB, 1920x1080px
>>1105895

>Hi, I'd like to make a withdrawal.

How much?

>How much do I have in the account?

Let's see...$1,650.

>Ok, I'd like all of that in cash please.

Uhmmm....Ok. Be careful...

>Thank you. Have a good day.

>MFW bank employees know that you don't trust them or their institution.

>MFW I'm going to invest it and make more

>MFW they can't understand why I don't just leave it there and make .00001% interest
>>
If I don't go to my normal branch or my normal teller, when I go in once a week, to exchange small bills for large, the tellers give me a attitude.

Bitch you have the money counter, I know how much is there in total, I didn't count the 10s, 5s, and 1s individually.

Then they get pissy when I ask for it back in 20s(usually about $1200/week).

My usually teller: "hey how are you" *runs $$ through the machine* "20s? alright"
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.