[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which are you, /biz/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: dev-v.-marketing-scrum1.png (154KB, 800x589px) Image search: [Google]
dev-v.-marketing-scrum1.png
154KB, 800x589px
Which are you, /biz/?
>>
File: kanbansprint.png (17KB, 365x416px) Image search: [Google]
kanbansprint.png
17KB, 365x416px
generally kanban, though as annoying as they are I would insist on scrum-style reviews so everyone knows what is happening in the wider world and has an opportunity to whine, complain and bitch in an atmosphere that encourages them to handle banter and not be dysfunctional
>>
>>1105714
I used to be scrum, but my department got merged into a larger one that does Kanban. I'm fine with it though, because we didn't to scrums right at all
>>
>>1105714
wtf is this shit? I am none.. I've got a big dick and that's it.
>>
>>1105714
My current employer is scrum but I really hate scrum. It's really just another methodology that promotes underperformance. The rule about not doing anything that takes more than an arbitrary amount of time just allows incompetent developers to make excuses for themselves and stifle others.
>>
>>1105911
The result is a project that drags on and and on but never actually gets anywhere.
>>
File: Taleb.jpg (39KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
Taleb.jpg
39KB, 460x345px
>micromanaging something as unstructured as work
>>
We use something I call "Reverse Waterfall".

>Make demo of a product in a week
>The client likes it and they want it done yesterday. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
>Develop a skeleton that almost works except it breaks all the time
>fix it so it only breaks some of the time
>ship it to production
>finish developing. Usually by this time the requirements have changed so much that it doesn't even resemble the demo at all
>test it properly
>write the technical analysis that has to be attached to the final because $bureaucracy
>ask them if the product does everything they needed it to
>it does
>run and don't look back

>mfw our client is the largest bank in my country
>>
>>1105714
None, I don't work in the cuck industry.
>>
env consultant, so i do work when i get paid to. not sure what to call that. ill be in the field doing soil/groundwater sampling for 11 hours one day, 3 hours doing a report the next, 9 hours at the CAD computer later in the week feeling suicidal.
>>
>>1105714
as an indie game developer i'm a mix of both
i have a main project which i do closer to the kanban way and then i have gamejams and sideprojects which i do the scrum way
>>
>>1106382
What's the indie business like in 2015? Do you target mobile?
>>
>>1106541
Sorry.
>>
>>1105954
I worked for a fintech firm that successfully did that for years

same thing for enhancements - client would note something else on an RFP etc.. we'd claim we could do it - in reality we'd just whack on an extra GUI that doesn't do much and make sure the product manager is super careful in the demo and just sticks to the script... if they then agree to buy it then there would be a mad sprint to get the faked functionality actually working

basically ended up with our software being heavily customized for every new bank we signed but we signed plenty of deals as we just lied a lot and made sure we always fitted their requirements - no time for any of this scrum bollocks either when pulling off stuff like this - just rapid development
>>
>>1105954
That's just called consulting.
>>
>>1105934

le anti-self-helf man
>>
>>1105714
Pretty sure the Japs have taken over just about everyone else at this point.
>>
kanban
my work is super kanban
>>
Hybrid. We chase new exports/imports in a Kanban fashion but ship in Scrum sprints.
>>
Holy shit. What the hell is kanban? When did that become a documented thing? That's exactly what we are. We have 30-45 minute morning scrums. Erratic sprints. Ongoing deployments
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.