[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/biz/nessmen legacies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: 1179813635507355282.jpg (58KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
1179813635507355282.jpg
58KB, 636x358px
So, what is your family legacy, what ups and downs has caused you to be in the situation you're in?

I'll start
>Father raised in the fields
>Had a knack for technical systems
>Got good at computers somehow
>Flunked highschool
>Decided to get what 'IT' educations that were available back then
>Get sales education
>Nice wage since Day 0 on the job market
>Busted his ass working
>Money ceases to be an issue
>Everything is good, get's 2 children (Me & bro)
>I live life in the luxurious spoiled brat lifestyle as a kid
>Travel around on all sorts of vacations with family
>He has expensive cars
>Economic crisis hits
>Suckerpunch in the dick of economy and income
>We 'degrade' into upper middle class
>I am raised to be independent as much as possible (Got a bike and phone early, had to get around myself. Got a job at 14)
>No trust fund
>All in all: Average middle class start, except I've learned how disappointing the 'luxirous lifestyle' is
>>
File: Richard.png (89KB, 539x571px) Image search: [Google]
Richard.png
89KB, 539x571px
>>1102914

How can you say the luxurious lifestyle is disappointing ?
>>
>>1102914
Cool cool.
>>
>mom is helpless and not so smart immigrant
>dad was super smart; turned down ivy league to go to Boston Uni
>older sister is born
>parents separate while mom's pregnant with me
>she gets with dumb alcoholic
>he leaves the country to teach in foreign schools
>mom becomes CNA, never tries to go forward
>live in a two bedroom apartment with 6 people
>blacksheep that wants to escape

Am I going to make it /biz/? Will I break this cycle of failure?
>>
>>1103465
Start a hedge fund
>>
>>1103465
If I was a betting man my money would be against you. But try your hardest man.

And if it makes you feel better I come from a similar background.
>>
>>1103465
Have you tried to contact your father?
>>
File: mfw This Shit.jpg (92KB, 559x391px) Image search: [Google]
mfw This Shit.jpg
92KB, 559x391px
>Me
>Somehow decently smart
>Father crack head carpenter
>Mother gullible dumb RN (Nurse)
>Father constantly leaving and my dumb mother letting him back after two weeks
>Drove me insane
>Moved out at 18, right as I graduated
>Got accepted to Drexel Uni, go to school
>4 days in my Jew of a grandfather calls my mother to tell her to tell me he will no longer cosign my loan for the first year
>No one else in my family has credit
>Forced to go home
>Move out after 3 months back home
>Move into townhouse with brother and brothers gf
>Forced to work with my father for $12/h doing shitty carpentry
>Only other work is a PA job on Saturdays getting paid $14/h
>Barely making enough to scrape by atm
>Can't afford weed or booze, so it's just me and my overthinking mind all day

I can't even afford local community right now, and I feel like if I take off from school any longer I'm going to wind up not going, and it kills me every single day to know that I might live paycheck to paycheck in a shitty job

what should I do /biz/?
>>
File: 1455611777003.gif (2MB, 266x240px) Image search: [Google]
1455611777003.gif
2MB, 266x240px
>Parents both immigrated when they were <10 years old
>Neither finished high school
>Mum did traineeship for government court reporting job
>Dad got silver medal in the commonwealth games, then went on to become a comedian traveling the world and being on TV
>Income always above average but no real push for upper class
>Was raised to appreciate money but never pushed in any direction
>I chose to become lazy
>Only relatively recently got my act together, now working in 5 different capacities and about to start study
>Soon my own businesses will be self-sufficient and I can spend more time at home

'Making it' for me is being able to live comfortably in a nice house in the mountains with my dog and not have to work a 9-5.
>>
>>1103480
My father passed away a few years ago. My mom never went after child support out of "pride" but I know it's because she didn't want to bother going to court. Not that she's timid, she just has a very doormat personality from her upbringing which has fucked up our families life for as long as I remember. I try hard to avoid her mistakes.

>>1103477
Thanks man. I would say I'm pretty sharp and can pick up skills pretty quickly. All I need is to figure out how to apply them. I hope you make it too. I just want to live comfortably is all.
>>
>>1103589
Join military choose an MOS that allows you to learn something useful. After you're out they will pay for your college. Experience, Education and
>muh troops thankyuh for yur service

You'll be set as long as you stay focused.
>>
File: thisisathingnowiguess.jpg (21KB, 235x223px) Image search: [Google]
thisisathingnowiguess.jpg
21KB, 235x223px
>>1103429
(This post got way longer than I intended it to be)
Because no matter where you go, you still bring yourself. So if you can't enjoy the present moment, or the simple joy of being, it's all worthless. And if you do manage to enjoy the present and the joy of being, you can be literally anywhere and be just as happy.

In the front seat of an expensive car, driving down the road a summer evening? eh, okay. cool. View is nice.
On a beach some tropical place? Pretty nice guess but it's also comfortable back home.
Expensive af watch? Okay cool I can check the time, but with eyecandy I'll unconsciously sort out as visual noise in a few days.
My dad kept giving me expensive shit, but after a while I just didn’t use any of it. It all piled up. I didn’t know what I really wanted from life.

It's weird, really.
I can get the feeling that my father get from it, "I used to write a shitty moped and struggle to even eat, now piss away cash on cars and suits, fuck yes. ". He has a feeling of achievement from it.

But when you're born into it, it's just another environment you're in.

(cont)
>>
>>1103719
It's so, odd. It skews perspective. The best times I've had were either with friends, or because I managed to achieve something.
I've pretty much learned that the only time I'm truly happy, is when I work, relax, and achieve. The absolute best moments in my life?
>1 week at a cheap art camp where I met so many amazing people. I had an immense amount improvement too. 6-7 hour class every day.
>While taking a walk on a field, I somehow just stopped and looked at the view. I felt more content than I had my entire life. I stood there for more than 30 minutes. Just entered a meditative states and enjoyed it all.
>When I developed and launched my own API that earned me 300$/month. Not because of the money, but because I had made something, and it payed off.

The best part about my childhood is that both my father and mother taught me to just live in the present. This is also why he can work so much and do so much without breaking down. They have taught me the joy of work, it's really play in the end.
Besides, being a rich kid is horrible socially. I had like 3 PC's back then, and I'm pretty sure that is the main reason why friends even visited. I was a total cunt too, so it's fair. When you have a lot of money, the first instinct to rejection is somehow bribing people. It's a horrible feeling. I once blatantly lied to a friend and got caught. First thing I did was giving him something worth $100.

All in all I’m pretty happy with what happened, except for the lacking trust fund of any kind. But it’s a small detail. Funny thing is, one of my friends family also got hit by the crisis, but his granddad died shortly after, so they shot back up with the massive inheritance. He developed into the stereotypical rich kid. I know that if all the money weren’t ripped away, I would have been an entitled cunt with no perspective, but most likely also depressed since I wouldn’t have learned to connect with people properly.
>>
>>1102914

I'm sorry that a lifestyle of safety and comfort relative to your fellow man, and a lifestyle where were taught to be successful (or at least to have a successful mindset) disappoints you.

You don't happen to enjoy hurting people, do you?

Did you do all the nonlethal kills as the writer?
>>
>>1103719
>My dad kept giving me expensive shit
>Hmm I wonder why I can't appreciate expensive shit
>>
>>1103696
My lease doesn't end until October though, I guess I'll just have to get in shape by then
>>
>>1103719
How old are you?
>>
>>1103727
It doesn't disappoint me. I know I'm lucky, in a way.
>You don't happen to enjoy hurting people, do you?
Actually quite the opposite.
>Did you do all the nonlethal kills as the writer?
Yes, actually I did.

>>1103740
Honestly, the only times where I start wanting expensive shit is when I face rejection or someone losing interest in me.
I think it's some deeply ingrained thing that just won't go away. Right now someone I actually had feelings for lost interest. For some reason it feels like If I just had more money they would come back or I would be happy with them. But, it's just bullshit.

The only real use of expensive luxuries is the feeling of achievement, or showing off. Both are fleeting feelings, and you have to constantly up your game.
>>
>>1104383
>The only real use of expensive luxuries is the feeling of achievement, or showing off. Both are fleeting feelings, and you have to constantly up your game.
Please send your expensive shit that doesn't give you joy :^)
>>
>>1102914

bro i doubt you downgraded to upper middle, pretty sure being a saleman doesn't put you in upper class.
>>
>>1103589
Why do you expect your grandfather to pay for your college?
>>
File: 1419212684534.jpg (41KB, 355x379px) Image search: [Google]
1419212684534.jpg
41KB, 355x379px
>>1102914
>Dad works as defense attorney, Mom works as title examiner
>Lower middle class, they buy decent two story foreclosed house, go on camping trips for annual vacations
>Dad laid off when I'm in HS, unemployed for 6 years, divorce
>Go to state college, graduate, work, pay off debt
Boring. As. Fuck.

Climbed up to $0 net worth with a degree and 81k salary on my 26th birthday. The future looks bright but I'm already tired with so little to show for it.
>>
>>1104490
>81k salary
Nice! What do you do for work, mate? :3
>>
>>1104513
Mostly handling the build system for a major software company. I do some other oddjobs like handling third party license approvals but that's just...weird. No idea how I got stuck with it, but it's across multiple products so it's good job security.
>>
>>1104471
Just cosign, not pay. And if he had told me no in the first place I would have accepted it, but he told he would do it 3 months before I got to school, so I assumed he would keep his word.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.