[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My goal in life is to become the next Elon Musk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: Elon-Musk-640.jpg (64KB, 640x365px) Image search: [Google]
Elon-Musk-640.jpg
64KB, 640x365px
How can I achieve this? I want to revolutionize space travel and clean energy and the internet
>>
>>1101126
Do you have any ideas?
>>
>>1101126
git gud
>>
>>1101126
>invent paypal
>take the money you earned and invest in your cool, special snowflake ideas
>git gud
>>
>>1101155
Not right now.

>>1101156
>>1101171
How do I git gud? Any books/courses you recommend?
>>
Elon Musk was accepted to one of the top doctoral Physics programs in the world. You will never be like him.
>>
>>1101180
>Not right now.

But that's step one, brah.

Elon Musk got rich by developing new shit. It's obviously a long process, but you have to start with an idea.
>>
>>1101126
>revolutionize space travel and clean energy and the internet

Do this somehow.
>>
>>1101180
>Not right now.
Step 1: have an idea
Step 2: have a GOOD idea
Step 3: figure out how to put it in practice
Step 4: realise you don't know shit about aerospace engineering
Step 5: fail
Simple, isn't it?
>>
My plan right now is to work in biofinance for 10 years or until I get a few million dollards. Then use mercenaries to slay bandits in third world shitholes and invest on companies there that were hurt by the drug trade.

Use the profits from that to make the worlds nuclear generator in space

>b-but my solar pannels
with access to instant -160 degrees fahrenheit whenever you want, you could spam the shit out of nuclear energy and have enough thrusters to change direction whenever you felt like.
>>
>take billions of $ of taxpayer money to fund your shitty unprofitable companies
>become Elon Musk
>>
File: 1454245005334s.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1454245005334s.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>1101126
My goal in life is to spark WWIII.

>mfw it's working
>>
>>1101180
>any books/courses you recommend?

Drive is something you can't get from a book or classroom. If you could become Elon Musk from reading a book and taking a class there would be millions of Elon musks.

You need to have that "obsess until its perfect" mindset, have feasible expectations, and have the capital to put it into motion (or find someone that does.)
>>
File: 1324896606812674376.jpg (36KB, 636x323px) Image search: [Google]
1324896606812674376.jpg
36KB, 636x323px
>>1102008
This.

You need:
>good idea
>I mean, REALLY good idea that has large-scale implications (ideally beyond target market).
>Believe in your idea, and get one other person who also shares your vision to help you bring the idea to life, look into logistics and prototyping, depending on what it is.

I'll actually give you an idea: the first commercially available aluminum smartphone battery that is the same shape and size as standard lithium batteries. Al batteries hold a larger charger, are safer, cheaper, and charge faster than lithium. There already is a research lab looking into them. The race is on OP. Git gud.
>>
>>1101126
In his words: "Wor twice as hard as everyone else"
>>
>>1101126
Go to college and excel. If you're at the top of your class and easily get into the best grad schools in the country then you're on your way.

If you can't apply yourself don't bother. When's the last time you work more than 60 hours a week with minimal sleep? Elon is super human. If you're on 4chan you're not in the top 1% of the smartest people in the world, face it. This is fucking 4chan.
>>
>>1101284
He actually hasn't done much in the way of aero design. He was successful well before Tesla and SpaceX; PayPal netted him, what, $100ish million dollars?
>>
>>1102031
>only 60 hours
anon...
>>
>>1101313
>with access to instant -160 degrees fahrenheit whenever you want
Issue: unless you learn how to dramatically increase the amount of heat radiated (rather than convected/conducted) away from an object, it doesn't matter what the temperature of space is. There's no material to take heat away from your reactor.

>>1102017
>Git gud
The single most important factor.
>>
>>1101126
Elon Musk isn't even Elon Musk
>>
>>1102042
he's probably a wageslave anon
>>
Don't racemix
>>
File: linux format.jpg (107KB, 624x1760px) Image search: [Google]
linux format.jpg
107KB, 624x1760px
>>1101180
Every book ever. I have a thousand books covering stuff from fluid mechanics, PDEs, numerical methods, etc etc (and that's only the stuff related to space travel), and a B. Math and I don't know shit about how to revolutionise space travel.

Maybe drop LSD or smoke more weed for ideas. Go for nature walks, do disgusting sex acts that you'd never admit to. They might just work.
>>
>>1101126
>How can I achieve this?
I can tell you how but you aren't going to like it.

The 21st century is done. The decisions and ideas from the last century have shaped what will happen. Anything you do can only change the outcome of the 22nd century.

Take Elon Musk. His work will lead to the full commercialization of space in the 22nd century and the end of the gasoline powered motor. For all his power and money he can't change the course of the 21st century. It is already set.

Fuck!
Yes, fuck indeed. So what do?
Easy, make a long plan, shoot for something big and aim to put your influence on the 22nd century. Big things left are genetics, nanoprinting, fusion, AI, and clean water.
>>
>>1102129
>Big things left are genetics, nanoprinting, fusion, AI, and clean water.
W-what about cyborg bodies when do we get those?
>>
Thanks, guys!
I'm going to try to come up with an idea.
>>
Be born Jewish.
>>
>>1102508
I'm not Jewish, I'm black.
>>
>>1102510
> implying there's a difference
>>
>>1101183
He most likely lied about that tho.
The author who wrote Elon's biography contacted Stanford and they said they never had a guy named Elon Musk at their university and they doubt what Elon says is true.
It's more likely he lied about it to get more credibility during his Zip2 time and later on he couldn't back out of this lie because he already gained enough fame.
>>
>>1102507
Elon Musk didn't start SpaceX first after he had an idea. He made a bunch of millions in a start-up together with his cousins, then put those millions in PayPal. After he sold PayPal he had like 100 million and put it in SpaceX and Tesla.

If you want to become Elon Musk 2.0, build a solid business that you can sell out for a few million dollars somewhere down the road. Life changing businesses can come once you're rich.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.