[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Share your experience with temping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: TEMP.png (607KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
TEMP.png
607KB, 1280x720px
Hey, /biz/,

I'm looking for part time work and a local agency has some temp stuff available that would suit me well. I've never temped before but the thing I'm worried about is how much control they have over me if I sign up for one.

Can a temp agency force you to take a job if you qualify for it? Can a temp agency punish you for quitting a job you get through them? Does a temp agency have any control over decisions you make after you sign with them?

I'm in a position where I can get tuition benefits if I make <$400 a week for the next 8 months and I don't want to fuck it up, but I need to make SOME money to keep paying rent, etc.

Thanks for any info.
>>
>Can a temp agency force you to take a job if you qualify for it?
No.

>Can a temp agency punish you for quitting a job you get through them?
They'll ask why and depending on the reason it might not result in anything bad. At worst they won't rep you anymore.

>Does a temp agency have any control over decisions you make after you sign with them?
Not really. They negotiate terms for you pre-hiring but if you don't like them you can reject the job offer.
>>
>>1100376
That's very helpful, thanks. Do you have experience working with or for one?
>>
>>1100386
Plenty. Some are great and some won't do shit for you. Don't be afraid to register with a bunch to increase your chances of getting something.
>>
>>1100390
Thanks again.

Anyone else have experience to share?
>>
>>1100619

A temp agency can collect a pretty nasty cut from your wages if you need that money to support yourself/your family.

That said, temp agencies (much like careerlinks) want to get you into jobs so they can say they work.

Having someone who will vouch for you without investigating you as deeply as they could is nice.

Just make sure you read what you sign.
>>
>>1100358
> Called about a job
> Warehouse work! One day gauranteed work!
> Show up
> Work half a day
> Oh we don't have any more work for you
> Go home
> Run numbers
> Didn't make any money when factoring in transport costs

> Called about a job
> Attend interview
> Have to call the agency to get them to even let me in the building
> Interviewer's friendly to my face
> Called just as I walk out
> They didn't want you
> Fucker could have told me that to my face.

> Called about a job
> Go in
> Call centre crap
> Told to go home when I turn out to be bad at it
> Told them I wasn't good at it and not to offer me any.

> Different agency
> We have work for you!
> Sent for an interview
> Oh, you used to work for THEM? We don't want you.
> Waste of time

> Doing temporary work for a company
> Directly contracted there
> Talk to agency workers
> Turns out I'm making something like twice what they are
> Agency's taking the rest

Generally, temp agencies are shit.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.