[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I did /biz/... I DID IT!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (25KB, 246x236px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 246x236px
After 2 years as an unemployed 3.5GPA STEM graduate I finally got a job as a customer service associate (just a fancy word for call centre job) at a fortune 500 company!

Pay is $18k but it'll do for now as i still live with my mom and pops.

Any tips on what i can do to prevent wanting to kill myself every day?
>>
>>1099220
What major
>>
>call center job
Prepare to hate your life. Well it's not too bad depending on what exactly you're doing. If you're like strictly customer service, then yeah it's gonna suck
>>
>Call center

anon...
>>
>>1099220
>Any tips on what i can do to prevent wanting to kill myself every day?

Quit.
>>
>>1099220
lol. I was in your position for a while and got a job as at a management consulting firm. You should have aimed higher, brah.
>>
>>1099220
What STEM field?
>>
>>1099220

>Any tips on what i can do to prevent wanting to kill myself every day

Ask for a promotion
>>
>>1099220
Best way to prevent wanting to kill yourself every day is to get it out of the way now
>>
>>1099242

I worked fundraising in a call center for three years. It's not bad if you can get over the rejection.
>>
File: tumblr_mzvoh75f1S1shg2c5o1_500.jpg (25KB, 499x382px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mzvoh75f1S1shg2c5o1_500.jpg
25KB, 499x382px
Heh
>>
>>1099220
>18k for call center work

That's not bad at all, I did call center work last summer and it's easy as shit. 18k is damn good for such easy work.
>>
>>1099561

Getting paid more than minimum wage for call center work is sexual these days.
>>
>>1099220
Why haven't you killed yourself yet?
>>
>>1099220
Eurofag here. Interaction design bachelor's degree, can't get any jobs. Most of what I apply for are support/customer service jobs. I expect $25-28k minimum. Then again, living costs are probably a bit higher.

What do you actually do? How bad is it? I mean, you're just answering a phone so honestly as long as you've got the "fuck people"-attitude, you should be fine, no?

>>1099473
Maybe you missed the part where he had been unemployed for two years.

I've been unemployed for two years, and at this point I'd be happy to talk to middle-aged ladies that can't figure out how to send an e-mail all day.

>>1099544
Depends on what kind of work I guess, doesn't it? There's no rejection if you're working support, I mean, they're calling you because they have the problem. You're not calling them in the middle of their dinner to "inform" them about something. They make the decision to call you for help, so you've got the upper hand here, no?

I'm just speculating. How "bad" is it?
>>
>>1099220
>Any tips on what i can do to prevent wanting to kill myself every day?

Find a different job
>>
>>1099220
You have two jobs right now. One is your call center. The second one is finding a better job. If your don't do your due diligence in the second one, the world is gonna be hard on you my friend. Also keep visiting 4chan.
>>
Find out how to get a job for your major you massive retard.
>>
>>1099607
I actually didn't miss that part. I was unemployed as well for over a year when I started looking. I understand it's just to pay the bills, but still it's a waste of his potential.
>>
What the hell did you study OP that you can't find a job with a 3.5 GPA? Did you do any internships or join any clubs? Did you do anything other than go to class and expect work to fall into your lap? College is not like high school; the opportunities to be ultra successful are there, you just need to actually be proactive about them. Just doing your homework and sitting in your lectures isn't enough. You wasted 4 years of your life doing nothing, and don't try to tell me that you did a whole bunch of extracurriculars cause if you did then you wouldn't be working at a call center. You reap what you sow, faggot.
>>
>>1099220
OP, use your time to start building your professional network and make use of all the L&D available to you. Scan the internal job board once a week for any new openings relevant to your degree.
On your 1:1 with your team leader mention that you are thrilled to be part of the company and would be very interested in eventually progressing into a role that is more closely linked to your specialty, ask him what do you need to do if you want to be an XYZ in 1-2 years.
Use this opportunity to hone your communication skills - this will be invaluable later on.

Best of luck.
>>
companies like to higher from within. look for higher up jobs within that company that are related to your major. start kissing supervisor/manager ass.

also, if you did stem, you had internships during breaks right? if not, you goofed.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.