[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got turnt by hand faggot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Any real life people know the difference between CFA and MBA?

I want to get into finance..... All of finance. Finance gives me a fucking erection.

Anyway, I just finished university, I majored in finance and economics and I want to take the next step. I like how the CFA is specific to finance so I won't have to deal with a bumbfuck human resources class at first year MBA, and I like the flexible "do what you can, when you can" mentality with the CFA as opposed to the strict 2 year length of the MBA. Also the CFA is likely to cost less than an MBA. Especially if the MBA is from a tier I school.

So the main question I've got is which is better to have for a finance guy? I already stated the positives of the CFA so if anyone has a few good points for the MBA let them be known.
>>
The real difference is in the amount of dicks you suck.
>>
>>1098909
Only do CFA if you're going to work in equity research, asset management, or as a quant.

Otherwise, do a top MBA program (for the connections), lower tier is a waste of time.
>>
>>1098916
Which one would require me to suck the least total amount of dicks?

>>1098919
I had no fucking idea that quants were part of this scheme. I'm actually impressed because I feel I have a need to brush up on my technical skills.
>>
>>1098909
CFA charterholder here, a couple things:

>finance gets me hard
Then the CFA is your answer. I highly doubt you're going to get exposed to enough finance in an MBA program to get you sufficiently erect.

However I want to manage your expectations in the CFA a little: the curriculum isn't as challenging as you'd expect by the failure rate. What's challenging is that you're being tested on 6 text books simultaneously, even if they were easy textbooks you'd still have a hard time passing. That's a lot of shit to know all at one time. I was a little let down by the level of difficulty in the subject matter and I've spoken with others who feel the same. On the other hand, I could be overestimating the difficulty of the entire field and finance isn't as hard as it seems.

>CFA is likely to cost less than an MBA.
CFA will without a doubt cost far less than an MBA, orders of magnitude less. I probably would've spent 6k all in, had I not been reimbursed by my company. 3rd party materials can be pirated.

Listen to this guy:
>>1098919
>"only do a top MBA program (for the connections)"
This little sentence says a lot. Do a top program, which is hard to get into and very expensive, and only do a tier 1 program. If one isn't in the cards then don't even bother. Do it for the connections means you're paying to meet people. This sounds kind of lame (and it is) but remember: "it's not what you know, it's who you know." There's a reason everybody wants a tier 1 MBA : it fucking pays off. It will pay off more if you're a people person and can work those connections.

>Only do CFA if you're going to work in equity research, asset management, or as a quant.
Don't forget corporate finance, I just accepted an offer today. One CF team I met with either everybody had the CFA or was working on it. That being said, an MBA applies to way more jobs than a CFA does. Are there a lot of finance jobs where you live/want to live?
>>
>>1099032
First off thanks a lot man. You pretty much sealed the deal for me.

As for a few things

Yes you're totally right about the MBA deal. I live in Canada and even though it's not anywhere near the U.S. in most cases, I did go to what would be considered a tier I school here for undergrad (I'll keep it anonymous, but it's up there if not the top). Despite making a few awesome connections (not even in a monetary sense or whatever, but I truly see them as friends that I can depend on as well) I absolutely abhor the drudgery I had to go through while I was at school. So much to the point that I'd prefer staying out of a classroom for the rest of my life if I can manage. Lol

And that's good to hear about the corporate finance gig man, congrats!

Personally speaking I live in Toronto where I'd assume I'd find more finance jobs than literally anywhere else in the country, so I think I got that down. I also plan on pissing off to maybe some safe haven in Europe if it doesn't get burned to the ground by Muslims beforehand or Hong Kong in the future so I also appreciate the international/intercontinental exposure the CFA deal has as well.
>>
>>1099085
Yea, if you're dead set on going the finance route I think the CFA is a better choice. Keep in mind you're going to have to get some work experience to even qualify for the 3rd exam (I think it's the third.) Jumping right into the 1st exam after school would be ideal because you'll have just studied most of that stuff in your undergrad. Passing only the first or second exam is looked upon favorably by employers too, especially if the reason you haven't sat for the 3rd is related to a lack of experience.

I'm happy with the CFA. I learned a lot and people are really impressed with it. I couldn't have gotten into a good MBA program, don't have the funds to justify doing a full time program, can't really swing night school, and like you I didn't want to get back into a classroom.

Toronto should be just fine for a CFA. I wouldn't count on europe remaining white for too much longer but I don't think the muslims can charge each other interest, or something, so that might open up some opportunities for goys to break into banking.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.