[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Real Estate General -- /reg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: dreamstime_m_16800829.jpg (832KB, 2081x1440px) Image search: [Google]
dreamstime_m_16800829.jpg
832KB, 2081x1440px
Can we discuss housing prices and why they are so pumped up?

Can you explain it by "supply/demand" or does the problem lie in people's willingness to enslave themselves in mortgages?

For reference, I'm from South-East Europe living in London. To be able to afford the basic human need of shelter, I need to:

>Enslave myself to a bank and become extremely risk-averse in terms of job changing and ambitions.
>For the privilege to live in a shoe box.

OR

>Share the toilet seat with a stranger and instead of mortgage, pay rent, that doesn't really add up to anything long term and is the worse options.

Now, I understand that's the game and I have to play it, but when I walk around real estate agencies and see the words "Let Agreed" for some 6-bedroom house in Surrey at £4000/month. Some faggot accepted to pay FOUR THOUSAND POUND STERLING PER MONTH and some boomer enjoys that, probably from multiple properties. For what, 2m by 2m bedrooms?

Can someone shed in some light, why are people willing to play this game? This system is surreal to me; how people are willing to contest mini-tents or share their fucking home with strangers. The only reasonable option would be to use my recently-acquired citizenship and passport to move to a more feasible place in EU.
>>
File: pickup_artist.png (113KB, 540x931px) Image search: [Google]
pickup_artist.png
113KB, 540x931px
Bemp
>>
what's your job? can it be done remotely if so get out of london
>>
>>1098465
>an you explain it by "supply/demand"
Supply is unchanged, demand is high. It will never get better.
>>
>>1098465
>Can we discuss housing prices and why they are so pumped up?

Building new houses is severely restricted in most areas. Or rent controls make it impossible to make any money building "affordable" apartments so nobody bothers. This limits the supply side.

The demand side is all the people that want to live in London, or want to buy property as an investment there. As housing is a necessity, and supply is limited, you end up with stupidly high prices.

Those investors and home owners will go on to protect their assets by doing everything in their power to ensure no new housing is built. Make a bunch of available land "green" space, parks, refuges, preserves, community gardens, anything so nobody can build stuff on it.
>>
>>1099299
>that pic
>This is what betas actually believe

kek
>>
>>1099310
>Supply is unchanged, demand is high.

>>1099383
>The demand side is all the people that want to live in London, or want to buy property as an investment there.

The second point is a result of the first, which I understand. Are you a big time businessman with off-shore companies? Or a cardio-vascular surgeon? Or a finance kid? I get it.

But we're discussing Aunty Flo, the florist that is willing to take a 5*salary joint mortgage with her husband, enslave herself for 30 years, to afford a 400k, 40m^2 flat with a North-facing bedroom window. Oh, and it takes 2 busses and a train to get to work, 2.5 hours commute, 3 if you get body-blocked on an escalator.

>>1099309
I'm a lecturer. Middle east tax-free salaries with free accommodation, medical care and flights seem like a no-brainer to me.
>>
London as an English speaking international business and Finance sector, has been on the minds of some of my wealthier colleagues.

With the election in the US on the way to full hitler or full Lennin, these folks are eyeing london as a hedge against the cray cray.

With German Banks a little nervous, I expect similar behavior there.

I see only increased demand in london for a very long time until stability happens.

Good luck.
>>
I dunno.

I live in America and there's a house with three bedrooms in the place I want to live for $24K.

Of course, it's a modest home and I'm not a cuck who wants a house that costs more than he makes in two years.
>>
>>1098465

I suspect that the new tenant of your £4,000pcm house in Weybridge doesn't give a toss about the £4,000 in the first place.
>>
>>1099299
>that pic
:(
>>
okay guys

Im at my states flag ship school in the south.

and they have a MSRE masters in real estate program I can join while i'm in undergrad and graduate with my biz degree and my MSRE at the same time. They also have a masters in international biz, same kinda program / idea.

I want to do one of these, but I think doing the MSRE will box me into real estate forever. I just find it interesting.

what should I do?
>>
>>1099399
>But we're discussing Aunty Flo, the florist that is willing to take a 5*salary joint mortgage with her husband, enslave herself for 30 years, to afford a 400k, 40m^2 flat with a North-facing bedroom window. Oh, and it takes 2 busses and a train to get to work, 2.5 hours commute, 3 if you get body-blocked on an escalator.

When everyone around you is doing the same thing it just seems like the thing to do. It's stupid but most people are.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.