[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/frugal/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: 1455430141737.gif (2MB, 376x228px) Image search: [Google]
1455430141737.gif
2MB, 376x228px
Post fun and easy tips and tricks to help your fellow financially minded friends save a few bucks.
>fill up a bathtub once and bathe in it for the next 3 days to save money on your water bill
>bottle your urine, boil it, and add sugar and cinnamon to make a tasty and economical drink
>sleep on your dirty clothes on the floor to save money on a mattress
>>
>unplug your refrigerator in the winter and bury your perishable foods in the snow
>shoot and eat anything that tries to dig up your stash
>>
>>1097580
Would boiling it work? Would the uric acid crystallize out?

If so double whammy. Just saved on b vitamins
>>
>Instead of boiling your spaghetti in water, just soak it in cold water until soft
>To really save money use rain water
>>
rent yourself out as a sex slave

also works in the sexual fantasies threads
>>
>>1097580
What could be a possibly very fruitful thread has turned to a reddit tier shitposting contest

I'll start. DONT WASTE money on a car. Literally the most useless thing. A 2 seater 1.4 l engine car is fine.

You'l waste money on loan repayment, insurance, the cost will be higher and so will maintenance. It will save you thousands.
>>
>>1097647
I have a coworker who asked about moving out of his parents, I told him to make a budget and he would have to lose the financed truck for sure. what did he do? bought a new truck of course! 65k @7 years...
>>
>don't pay for haircuts: cut your own hair to save money
>save your hair and boil it and eat it for nutrition
>>
From the last meme thread:

Food:
- plan meals. write down each ingredient you'll need and buy only that.
- pack lunches for work including water/soda/juice

Electric:
- replace all light bulbs with CFLs or LEDs.
- completely unplug appliances not in use. they can use up to 50% of the electricity they would be using turned on just by being plugged in
- always turn off lights when you leave a room

Nat Gas/Heating:
- never set the thermostat above 68 F.
- make sure to replace weather stripping around doors. place a rolled sheet at the bottom of exterior doors when you'll be home for a while.
- turn your hot water tank to the lowest acceptable level. it uses more gas over the course of a year than your furnace does.

Cell:
- ditch contract carriers and leased/subsidized phones
- buy a phone cash outright for no more than $100 (some of the newer ones are actually not bad)
- go with a low cost carrier like boost/metro PCS/walmart family mobile etc if you're in the US

Internet:
- get the cheapest plan available. i have 2Mbits down 1 up. its plenty for shitposting and youtube, bills, shopping, gaming etc. costs me $14.99/mo (flat - including taxes and fees).
- buy your own network equipment. never rent from the company its always, always more expensive long term. get it used off ebay (modem and wifi router)

TV:
- cancel cable/satellite. free over the air only. the rest you can get online through.. alternative means

Insurance (Auto):
- prepay the entire policy. most companies charge in installment fee over the course of the policy. you'll save $20-$30/year by prepaying.
- if you have a gf/bf; go with the same company and say youre married. they dont check or require you to verify it and you can get big discounts (5-20% off your premiums). if you are married, obviously do the same
- if your vehicle is valued under 8K and youre a good driver - liability only.

Water:
- brown flush it down yellow let it mellow.
- limit showers to 10mins or less
- fix any leaking faucets
>>
>>1097658
Cont.

Transportation:
- never, ever, ever lease anything
- always buy used. at least 4 years old with most of the depreciation already factored in.
- learn how to basic vehicle maintenance yourself (oil changes, brakes, tire rotations).

Toiletries:
- buy knock off dollar store brands. a q-tip is a q-tip, same with toilet paper and paper towels; the brand doesnt matter

Misc:
- if you smoke, roll your own cigs. a months worth of tobacco and tubes is about $35 for a pack a day smoker
- move your paper towels into a cabinet or pantry out of the way. replace it with kitchen towels. have three or four and throw them in the wash with clothes when dirty instead of using a paper towel for everything its wasteful
>>
Reminder to sage and report these shitty spam reddit tier threads
>>
>>1097651
65k? Jesus fuck that is loaded out. GMC sierra?
>>
>>1097629
The energy cost of boiling it makes it not worth it
>>
>>1097676
canadian pesos. yeah a gmc
>>
Dont invest in liabilities, use the money that you're saving to make more money. Make your money work for you and consider starting your own business possibly one from Home
>>
>>1097676
>>1097690
Mines better: 2 people at my work (on aussie minimum wage) saved enough for a deposit on a house together

so they go and finance a 90k jeep grand cherokee packed with extras

every time i get annoyed at wasting money i just think about their jeep losing 20k a year in the carpark of their work
>>
>>1097658

> Showers 10 minutes or less

I can understand a woman taking that long if she's shaving her legs or washing her hair, but normally it'd be around 3 minutes.
>>
>eat beans on toast for dinner every other evening
>do the dishes whilst in the shower
>turn off the TV and play with puppets instead
>physically push your car forward through highly congested traffic jams
>>
>>1097757
>eat beans on toast for dinner every other evening

why didn't I think of this?
>>
>>1097749
It needed to be a rule. I swear my wife was a fish in a former life.. 25 mins before I told her shit was out of control, dying kids in Africa without water etc.
>>
>spend a little extra to make things convenient and use the spare time to earn more money
>>
>>1097580
>while normally a drain on resources, girlfriends can be a good source of income if they are willing to prostitute themselves.
Look for girls with absent fathers.
>>
I think 4chan needs a /Jew/ or /frugal/ board to contain the poorfags on biz
>>
>>1097620
>shoot and eat anything that tries to dig up your stash
Almost got me there you slippery snake!
Wasting perfectly good bullets do I look like Bill Gates to you?
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (23KB, 1034x170px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
23KB, 1034x170px
Did I just fuck myself over, biz?
>>
>>1097982
wrongbread
>>
>>1097986
I know, sorry.
>>
>>1097580
>sleep on your dirty clothes
>implying i have more than what i wear

well done, jew.
go on convincing the goyim that they should have several clothes to change.
>>
>>1097968
>craftng your own arrows/arrow heads using the technique of the great Shoshone tribes

fucking casuals
>>
>>1097580
>own a single pair of underwear and wear for four days, inside and out, front and back
>save money by painting a suit on your body instead of buying one
>impress your boss at dinner parties by renting a family instead of starting one
>water with a dash of salt is a cheap and quick alternative to food
>cut out bits of flesh from your body, let the wound heal and repeat for an infinite supply of free, organic meat

>>1097757
Genius.
>>
>>1098007
Use your jacket as a pillow. This saved me so much space backpacking.
>>
>>1097666
I would rathet see these than those ether shill threads
>>
>>1097666
This isnt a fucking game, kid, this is my life. Live on the Alaskan tundra for a year and we'll see how your habits change when you come out the other side. You wake up and spit your morning loogie down the sink. I swallow it for sustenance. You're the kind who throws away bad milk. I make sour cream. You tie your shoes before you leave the house. I use one long lace between them both to save $ on shoelaces, faggot. I shit in a diaper for a year cause I couldnt afford to flush. Ever heard of a lambskin condom? I fuck lambs with a condom... cause women are just too pricey. I have a mustache, cause it gets me free hotdogs. You're up a paddle without a creek, richboy. Ill only tell you once: I keep my promises kid, cause I cant afford to lie.
>>
>>1097658

50‰ turn on, plug in
Sounds like my life
>>
>>1097773

>he's never taken an hour long shower in the motherland

I love American people. "Think of the Africans." While not caring about the slums and ghettos in their own country.

A lot of the time, people go to Africa on 'missions' rather than for vacation, and don't realize that the infrastructue exists to live a relatively comfy life there, if you have the means.
>>
>>1099275
>if you have the means
>>
>>1097747
>Jeep
>90k
HOW
>>
>>1097580
>Frugal threads used to be one of th efew actually useful threads on /biz/
>Now it's turned into "Haha saving is for losers amirightguys? ;)"
This board is going downhill so fast.
>>
>>1098076
Top bantz
>>
>>1097580

Instead of paying extra server costs for hosting images for you website, just use 4chan to hosts images. They last a week and you can keep reuploading them. Post them on fairly active boards so it looks like normal shitposting and the mods won't delete.
>>
Save money on expensive glasses, contacts, etc. by going driving in traffic at night. Get free laser eye surgery by staring at the 10000 lumen LED brake lights shining directly at your face thanks to """"""""modern car engineering"""""""".
>>
>>1099351
Kangaroo $s, I'm guessing

>>1099417
There's still some useful things to pick up and at least now a quarter of the responses arent people calling the frugal anons idiots and missing out on life and to just make more money

Here's some things I do:
>only fill up at the cheapest gas station in town
>always pay cash if you can (most stations have a cash discount)
>never buy anything inside the minimart
>buy a Mr. Coffee. Dont fucking ever buy brewed coffee
>buy water in the 5 gallon refillable jugs from your local water store. Refill a smaller container to bring to work
>buy storebrand everything
>pack a breakfast and lunch everyday
>quit smoking and drinking NOW
>buy everything you can on Craigslist and haggle
>dont eat at restaurants
>when you have to, only buy special plates and make your girlfriend share a coke with you instead of each getting your own
>buy used tires
>fix everything on your vehicle yourself if you can
>>
> work at a car wash, jiffy lube, tire shop and find spare change from the vehicles you work on

With this method you can increase your hourly wages
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.