[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel terrible, I always heard to go to a job interview in a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Man-Formal-Suit-MSU09-.jpg (293KB, 900x1208px) Image search: [Google]
Man-Formal-Suit-MSU09-.jpg
293KB, 900x1208px
I feel terrible, I always heard to go to a job interview in a suit no matter the job, better to be overdressed than underdressed ect ect.

>Get Interview scheduled for Pep boys
>Quickly find a suit that fits me, find one in menswarehouse and get a red tie also
>Day of interview, suit on, slacks, polished dress shoes.
>Drive to pep boys
>I say Im there for an interview, the person who i think was the manager behind counter tells me to wait.
>I wait 5 mins check my watch and ask again.
>He goes in the back and tells me its already in session.
>Freak out and tell him "Thanks"
>Go out and sit in my car
>20 mins pass by contemplating what to do.
> see about 5 people dressed casual, shirts, khaki pants and no dress shoes walking out with papers in hand.
>Drive home, decide to never wear a suit to an interview ever again unless its absolutely needed

Did i fall for a long age meme? Not a big loss anyways i didn't really need the job.
>>
who gives a fuck what other people are fucking wearing? fucking estrogen faggot
>>
>>1097169
I felt like an autist, completely out of place.
>>
>>1097173
The only moment I wear a suit is when I apply for jobs. And none of the jobs ever required me wearing a suit.

Sure, you might look like a monkey, but it shows your dedication.
>>
>>1097181
And when you take a seat you can just take the jacket off to look less formal.
>>
>>1097183
No man, its just makes you look unaware and hungry for a job
>>
>>1097166
If I understand your story you were late for the interview anyway, so what's the suit have to do with anything
>>
>>1097166
>>1097169
>>1097173
>>1097181
>>1097183
>>1097219
>>1097298
This fucking board. You do not wear a suit to an interview as a lube tech at Pepboys. Blue collar jobs are jeans/khakis with a collared shirt. White collar is suit or business casual depending on culture
>>
>>1097166

You overdressed for a lower quality job.

You wear a suit to interview at a bank (arguably the lowest job you wear a suit for) or apply for a loan.
>>
>>1097166
OP, the corporate standard from my knowledge is one tier above the standard attire. If you are interviewing for your standard mcjob or blue collar work, a professional formal button down with a tie and khakis will serve for any occasion.

For anything higher, where every day you will wear a white button down with khakis and a tie, full suit.
>>
>>1097354
I never understood wearing a suit to apply for a loan.

If I'm making six figures, have well over six figures in the bank and have a 800+ credit score, why can't I go in wearing jeans, tennis shoes and a t-shirt?
>>
>>1097515
It's a meem ya dip
>>
>>1097166
Rule of thumb you dress for the role you're applying for. As in, if you're trying to become CIO, you wear an expensive suit. If you're applying for McDonalds frycook, you wear a button down shirt and a decent pair of slacks.

As >>1097298 said, you were late, so the suit was a non-factor. You would have been fucked regardless. Next time, get to the interview on time, shit-for-brains.
>>
File: unemploy-job-interview.jpg (30KB, 385x257px) Image search: [Google]
unemploy-job-interview.jpg
30KB, 385x257px
Dress as nice or a little nicer than the person interviewing you.

It's not that hard.
>>
Also: as someone pointed out, you were fucking late. That is the ONLY THING that matters in this discussion, not how you dressed. Next time, don't be late to the interview.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
there is nothing wrong with being over dressed

but fucking pep boys?

1/10 apply urself
>>
>>1097596
How did you wear a suit AND slacks
>>
>>1097345
Trudat
>>
>>1097558
Wouldn't they feel threatened by that?

I reckon they wouldn't like someone one-upping them.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.