[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Termination

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1426754484090.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1426754484090.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
I do not know if this is the right board to be asking this but this the only business board on 4chan.
I was recently let go from a decent job in the state of Oklahoma because of an attendance issue.

Story: I've been at this company for more than a year, get a long with everyone except for a coworker that is buddies with the production manager.
In the last year I've only missed 3 days of work, 2 of them which were due to being snowed in.
I scheduled 1 of my vacation days to cover a day I'd be out for a doctors appointment. I typo'd and added the 8th instead of the 2nd.
The next day I spoke to my supervisor and told them what I did.
Fast forward 2 weeks after that (yesterday) I was pulled into the office of my production manager and he had a person from HR there with him. He gave me a letter of termination which states I was being fired for the absence of that day.

What I'm asking you /biz/
1) Are they infringing on my workers rights for firing me for a honest typo? (I have receipts for my doctors visits)
2)Am I eligible for unemployment?

Thanks for reading, whatever advice/info you can give me will be greatly appreciated.
>>
If your record was previously clean, IE no previous disciplinary actions, then visit a solicitor. It sounds like unfair dismissal to me.
However if your on a final written warning, you've probably not got a leg to stand on because a lot of companies consider unauthorised absense a disciplinary level action.
>>
>>1096768
At will employment. They can fire you for any non-discriminatory reason, or for no reason at all.

Stop bitching, don't waste a lawyer's time or your money, file for unemployment, and grow the fuck up.
>>
>>1096846
>>1096812
I'm a lawyer from Europe and that shit wouldn't fly here. I'd say you are at least due some sort of compensation for the sudden termination. I don't know what US federal and Oklahoma state statutes say though. I can't imagine them being this barbaric though and you best seek out an employment lawyer.
>>
>>1096812
>>1096846
>>1096947
Thank you for all the advice.
I did have a previous warning because on 1 of those sick days I did call in but my text message to my supervisor was 18 mins past the 2 hour time frame of my shift start. (which I was unaware of)
Other than that. I've been a model employee for this establishment. Always showing up to work 15-30 mins early and usually staying for some OT if required. I will def seek out an attorney to see all of the possibilities I can pursue.
>>
>>1096947
Yea, you all also get paid time off, 3 month stress breaks, and real vacations

>woo 'merica! We're number one!
>>
>>1096981
How big is the company?
Part of a union?

Unless they caught you chugging cum and said that's why you're fired, I'd save your money on a lawyer.
>>
>>1097016
It's a small company probably about 40 people.
We're a welding shop that's ran by a larger facility called Mcelroy
>>
>>1096768
They were probably just looking to cutback the workforce and you made yourself an easy target not to mention being a relatively new employee. And a lawyer will probably cost you any amount you stand to gain from filing suit. Just file with the unemployment office as soon as you can and move on.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.