[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

<Small Business General>

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2016-02-15-18-18-56.png (162KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-15-18-18-56.png
162KB, 320x480px
What with all the ETH shill and standard "kissless virgin NEET here.." shit going on, let's talk small business/startups.

Self-employed trades, marketing/advertising, and related success stories.
>>
Is computer/electronics repair viable and does the future demand for it seem secure?
>>
>>1095750
It depends on where and how you're gonna make it
>>
I'm looking to start a handy man/painting "business" any tips?
>>
I have some ideas for high thermal efficiency internal combustion engines that could potentially double the fuel efficiency of automotives. I want to build prototypes and eventually start a business that makes high end superbikes with the technology. Where do I start?

Hard mode: penniless mechanical engineering student with no free time and thousands in student debt
>>
>>1095760
crowdfunding, there are shittier inventions getting money, why wouldn't yours get some?
>>
>>1095746
Whatever you're doing, make sure it's not something highly customized. I ran a resume writing service and it was awful, clients don't know how to describe their situations, always forgot details, so much time wasted on emails. Stick to a repeatable service, a physical/digital good, or something with which you can charge hourly.
>>
>>1095760
study mechanical engineering
>>
>>1095771
>implying you actually need to reject that much heat in an otto cycle engine
>>
>>1095753
Thanks, just wanted to be sure it isn't totally hopeless.
>>
>>1095759
Don't listen to "advice" from people who've never own a small business, they'll over-inflate all the incredibly small problems and challenges you'll face as being fatal.

Make sure you go balls out towards it, fix your credit score, have at least a couple k stacked up so you can purchase equipment without it feeling like you're being stabbed, and for that trade.. You probably want to start out with business insurance. Landscaping, window-cleaning, hauling etc. you'll manage to get through your first year but I'd want insurance for general handy man stuff.

And market the shit out of it, passive marketing like SEO, flyers and such, as well as direct marketing such as calling real estate agents directly. Befriend real estate agents and they'll become your bitch.

Good luck senpai
>>
>>1095750
Well look around, lots of people have high-end computers, not all of them built them themselves. And old folks don't know shit, so be honest, but take care of it for them. Research how much to charge and for what in your area, then market directly. Start small if you have to.
>>
Is there any computer-based businesses you can do in this day as a good small business? I've seen a couple of those "get rich" books which the authors did webpages for local companies, in 2000-2005, so that isn't going to fly now. But if like to do something similar, where I'm not selling but I'm improving others' business but selling a service
>>
>>1096658
If you're really motivated and already have a primary source of income, you could provide a search engine optimization service for other small businesses. In the beginning it would be kind of like a secondary income like MLM, but you would certainly learn a lot and develop some contacts that could lead to some pretty good opportunities and contracts.
>>
>>1096525
>>1095750
I would say no. Technology is getting so cheap today, and will continue getting cheaper and cheaper.

Old people like my grandma just buy a new computer when they break. Cell phone repair is a very saturated market as well, with many people doing it as a side job for extra cash.

I think you would have more success with B2B.
>>
>>1096658
My sergeant when i was in the air force had a company on the side building computers/servers for other businesses. Not massive profits but a decent on the side company that was easy to operate
>>
Went from disgusting NEET with no skills and several mental disorders to self sufficient affiliate marketer in about 2 years. Made $100k last year.
>>
Im a small businessman and ETH shill, where is your god now?
>>
>>1096983
affiliate marketer? mind explaining a bit?
>>
>>1095746
I know, I don't mind eth but the shilling gets annoying when you have zero interest in crypto currency shit.

I don't get why they don't go to /g/? Seems like they would find a lot more recruits their than here.
>>
>>1096985
Diversification is great m8 all the godly powers to ya.
>>1096995
One would think that but /biz was made to be a containment board for crypto.
>>
>>1096995
We would. But it is banned there because peoples desktop wallpaper threads and smartphone shilling threads were getting bumped off page 1
>>
>>1096983
as >>1096991 said, let us in senpai
>>
I'm almost finished with my ecommerce site.

Anything I should know or do before launch?
>>
>>1097003
It's banned? That's retarded as shit.
>>
Anyone know how to make a business directory website?

I want to make a world map for a certain category of businesses. Then other businesses could use it for backlinks and I can sell advertising.

Anyone know any good out of the box solutions? Any automatic themes? Open maps overlay?

People can submit their business to it kind of like that.
>>
>>1097008
Make sure it is laid out in an SEO-friendly manner, and make sure you have the funds to market the shit out of it to your estimated audience on relevant platforms.

After launch, put links to it on all sorts of media such as cuckbook, linkedin, register it on ecommerce directories; the more links the better. Make a fucking myspace- I shit you not- and put your link on it, twitter, google+, everything and anywhere to populate search engine systems with a link to your site address.
>>
>>1097020
Thanks for the advice, appreciate it.
I'm willing to pump $700 into advertising before the first sale, is that enough?
>>
>>1097013
Cryptocurrency threads flooding /g/ was the original reason for /biz/'s creation.
>>
>>1097017
Sounds like Google My Business, a free service provided by google.

I'm not trying to shoot you down though, there are plenty of business directory sites out there, just put some keen advertising on it and market the hell out of it.

When I made a website for my air-duct cleaning business a couple years back, I spent every afternoon for a couple weeks registering on every business directory I could find.

If I were to try what you want to do, I would make several individual sites targeted at small areas or themes, for instance, a business directory for the LA area, or for senior care in Florida.
>>
>>1097029
Sounds perfect to me, make sure you do your research on where to send the money, and diversify your advertising; throw mud at the wall and see what sticks. Keep records of where your traffic comes from, and the traffic's quality, then go full force into that avenue of marketing until it stops working, then branch out again.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.