[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Productive NEET Lifestyle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

File: 1441755072188.jpg (73KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1441755072188.jpg
73KB, 640x640px
So I'm leaving work next week to take 2 months off, solely to train my body. I'm looking to put on as much mass as possible and train more athletically.

But apart from lifting, working out, eating and cleaning, what else can I do during all the free time?

I'm going to read a couple books, maybe meditate.

What productive things can I do as a NEET?
>>
>>1095515
Like unpaid leave?
>>
You won't notice much difference in just 2 months so try to bulk as much as possible. Do starting strength just be careful about getting dinolegs.

You can read, it's a cheap expense and does really help get the mind and imagination going. Just keep in mind that all you have to do is say "do it" and stick to that decision. Whether you like to admit it, reading long prose and being immersed over a singular subject is harder to focus on given our modern conveniences. Meditation also takes a lot of focus which you can practice before bed however you have to avoid just falling asleep. Try laying in bed completely still and just breathing in and out, only focusing on your breath going through your nostrils, going inward, holding, then releasing. You will get urges to scratch, move, and you'll start getting hot from lack of moving. Eventually your heart rate will spike if your body is approaching sleep which sometimes triggers that astral projection shit, but that's more /x/ territory.
>>
File: 1454299551267.png (66KB, 510x332px) Image search: [Google]
1454299551267.png
66KB, 510x332px
>>1095524

Nigga what the FUCK are you smoking?
>>
>>1095515
>wake up
>eat 7 meals during day
>lift
>study
>meditate
>sleep
>repeat
this is all you need to do and i would also consider travelling if possible.
>>
>>1095515
Taking 2 months off doesnt make you a NEET , please stop using buzzwords
>>
>>1095528

Starting strength is a common basic workout routine for lifting where you just lift overhead barbells. A big problem with it though is it'll work out your thighs a lot more than your upper body, giving people t-rex like bodies.

The meditating stuff is true. Your brain doesn't want you to be awake during sleep, which is why you wake up if you realize you're in a dream or sometimes get a falling sensation when sleeping in a chair or something. If you "trick" your body into sleeping, your heart rate will jump to try to wake you up again. It's a defense mechanism, and why some people suffer from sleep paralysis where they see shit evil shit out of panic.
>>
>>1095524
Wtf, meditating laying in bed. Don't recommend that for beginners, they will just fall as sleep. Rather, adopt a basic sitting position where you have to keep your back straight and do what he says. It doesn't have to be anything special, just focus on your breath or a point where the breath goes through your nose.
>>
That's not a NEET lifestyle. That's you taking 2 months vacation.

NEET stands for "Not in Employment Education or Training". Meaning that you're not actively employed, or working towards employment. Technically a lot of things can land you NEET status, such as being crippled in some capacity, incarcerated, or have severe mental issues that you cannot overcome to find employment or education. A lot of times it's also a situation people find themselves in when they don't apply themselves either towards some form of training or employment. Such as neckbeards, weebs, and leeches who pretend to have mental or crippling issues but really just want to sit around all day.

By it's definition you cannot be productive and still be a NEET. You're spending that 2 months reading, training your body, cleaning, and (I assume) doing something to make yourself more employable after that 2 months. So you're really not being NEET as you're training.

Now if you asked us how to get a large pizza for under $10, or a list of anime to watch, or a Brazzers account to use, or how to get out of your moms garage/sperg apartment and independent and where to start, that would be different.

Either way enjoy the 2 months.
>>
>>1095515
Trust me when I tell you that you don't want to become a NEET.

Even though you want to become fit/muscular, I can tell you that being a NEET sucks.

Just ask if you can get an extra day off.
Source: I've been a NEET since Oct 2015 (got fired from my 2nd job) and I've been trying to find work ever since.
>>
You would have enough time to teach yourself something if you could commit to studying a little every day

Personally I would learn a language, or maybe coding
>>
>>1095515

Workout. Learn a hobby. Travel (if you can afford it).

I would advise learning a martial art for meditative purposes like Tai chi.
>>
>>1095515
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUzE_2AswzY

'Antifragile' is a good one.
>>
Buy yourself some steroids.

But 8 weeks is a short cycle.

Try 12-14 weeks 500mg test-e per week and 50mg dbol everyday for 4 or 5 weeks.
>>
>>1095515
>So I'm leaving work next week to take 2 months off, solely to train my body.

when you go back to work and stop training as often you'll lose it, so what is the point?
>>
>>1095706

I'd presume this is a sort of vacation for him.

Also, if he's made some lifestyle changes, depending on what his 'standard' is, he'll probably keep reasonably near what he earned during the break.
>>
>>1095706
He'd lose a good 50-80% of it, but not all. That's just a meme for gym bros to guilt each other with.
>>
>>1095736
>>1095706
>can't keep gains

git gud guys
>>
>But apart from lifting, working out, eating and cleaning, what else can I do during all the free time?

Begging the question.

I've been a student for 3 years and so most days I have lots of spare time.

Expand your knowledge. If you find this enjoyable in of itself then you'll have a good time even if all you have is wikipedia.

If you don't find it enjoyable and any education/documentaries/quizzes you do, you do soley for education then read lots and lots of books on specific things you want to learn, like coding, economics, finance, that shill guy with the lamborghini on youtube's book, anything you think will benefit you in some way.

>What productive things can I do as a NEET?

enjoy you time off work relaxing, reading, and expanding your knowledge. If you don't already have hobbies (who the fuck considers "cleaning" something to do in free time) which stimulate you, know's the time to find them.

I've managed basically the last 5 years with having the "NEET" lifestyle (college +uni) minus the education and being able to find something in each hour that's worth doing.

One tip: remember why you're doing this. I can be watching documentaries about history, enjoying the show itself and the benefits from it, change over to comedy, find it more enjoyable and inevitably watching/doing things i enjoy more than I find beneficial in the long-term.
Not that fun>knowledge is a bad formula just that 90% fun and 0% gain isn't as good as 50% fun 90% gain imo
>>
File: images (1).jpg (4KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
4KB, 227x222px
>>1095515

Get high as FUCK
>>
>>1095515
You wont really see any difference in 2 months.
>>
File: 1439911025179.jpg (13KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1439911025179.jpg
13KB, 306x306px
>>1095515
Lmaoing at noobs who think working out for 2 months is gonna significantly benefit you in any way.

Unless you actually planning to do 2 month roid cycle, making gains takes time. Meanwhile you are giving up 2 entire paychecks to 'focus' on activity that shouldn't take you more than 6 hours per week.
>>
>>1098074
Sufficiently more trained than you, I can put 20lb of muscle/fat at ratio 60:40 on in 2 months. Speak for yourself at what you can and can't achieve.
>>
>>1098081
I love how you know how trained I am. Enjoy your 15lbs of new fat in two months.
>>
>>1095736
That is literally not true. If you eat at maintenance and lift even once or twice a week, you will maintain your muscle.
>>
File: 1437932143503.png (43KB, 613x481px) Image search: [Google]
1437932143503.png
43KB, 613x481px
>>1098085
Only newfags, shitposters and armchair lifters give their uneducated critique on matters they know very little of. That's how I know.

>told you to speak for yourself
>you say enjoy 15lb fat
>you prove me right with every post

Just stop desu.
>>
About working out : there are "noob gains". If you never lifted you'll see results in 2 weeks. I mean you can literally see your muscle grow every session.
Looking like your pic takes years though.

2 months is short but it takes less than that to remove or build an habit. Do you feel like there's something holding you ? Make small constant steps in the good way. Short term must join long term.

Get out of your comfort zone, travel a bit if you can and aren't used to.
>>
You won't be fat for much longer. Great idea OP.

I would suggest reading up on FOREX trading in your spare time.

You will be a vaginal millionaire once you complete this journey. Your parents will eventually forget about your social shortcomings with the fairer sex once you obtain your 'dream girl'.
>>
>>1098117
You sure got me with that pic, Timmy.

>>1098188
kek
>>
>>1098672
Get fugged, I can reach OP image in 2 months. I aim to surpass it actually, by a bit.

>>1098188
Hmmm... maybe. Ok.
>>
>>1098672
et tu, faggot?
>>
>>1098693

Get on gear then faggot.
>>
>>1095515
Your body needs rest to grow. It's not the 1 hour you spent in the gym when your body grows, it's the 23 hours spent outside the gym.

You work out and break your muscles down. They rebuild stronger.

If you work out nonstop, you keep breaking your muscles down but never give your body the opportunity to repair itself.

Keep your job and just work out for an hour in the mornings. No need to go NEET for something so counter productive.
>>
>>1098850
Dude, he's obviously more trained than you and knows more than you, so why don't you keep your uneducated shitposting to yourself and let him grow 6 pounds of muscle per month naturally.

When he goes back to his job at McDonalds all the hotties working there will be begging for his dick, so being two months without income is totally worth it.
>>
>>1098820
>gear
Kek, you dyels crack me up.

>>1098850
5 day split isn't so bad

>>1099211
Please mind the edge
>>
>>1095635
"not actively employed or working towards employment"

>trying to find work ever since.

buzzwords
>>
Quit my job of 5 years (assembly line; 6 days a week. Helped pay off student loans and now I have 100k savings to slowly eat through) to focus on getting in shape and improving resume.

Currently volunteering as operations partner at my friends clothing business, learning R and prepping for gmat. I want a career in data science, am I a NEET lol?
>>
File: 802610127_65378.jpg (76KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
802610127_65378.jpg
76KB, 720x720px
>leaving work solely to train your body
You do know that as a beginner you only need 3-4 days of workouts that won't take more than 1h~2h each right?
Anyways, take your time to learn a new skill useful for you, I personally did carpentry when I stopped using Internet for 8 hours daily
>>
>>1095654
/thread
>>
File: 1448574063925.jpg (21KB, 534x516px) Image search: [Google]
1448574063925.jpg
21KB, 534x516px
>>1095515
>solely to train my body. I'm looking to put on as much mass as possible and train more athletically.
>>
>>1098081
lmao unless you are an auschwitz suvivor at 100lbs or youre on roids you wont put that amount faggot.
>>
>>1099595
No but you are a retard for not being able to google what NEET stands for.
>>
>>1100831
Really? How do you know?
Care to show your body to prove you lift at all?

Oh right, you just shitpost because you have nothing valuable to contribute to the universe.

Literally already bigger than the last image I posted.
>>
>>1100831
15 pounds is what like 7kg or so, that's not exactly a huge gain in 2 months if you eat and cycle properly.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.