[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crypto Trading General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Capture.jpg (166KB, 1494x928px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
166KB, 1494x928px
It goes up and down, round and round,
It's got thrills and shills,
And its very brightly colored..

Regardless of which side of the table you're on, the crypto market is proving to be extremely volatile lately.

So, which cryptos are you trading?
What timeframes do you prefer? Can your nerves of steel stand the 1-3-5 min tick trading, or are you sticking to 1h/2h frames?
Which indicators do you trust the most in this environment?

How are you faring agains the bots? Have you learned how to play them, or piggyback ride their whale buyouts and selloffs to great success? Or are you using your own algos in which case how have they proven lately?

In any case, its been quite a ride the last couple of weeks, gonna be fun to see where its heading
>>
Just shut up and buy ETH
>>
File: 22977722981_3a500f70a5_b.jpg (184KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
22977722981_3a500f70a5_b.jpg
184KB, 1024x768px
I want to play a little bit on kraken but I still don't understand the maker/taker fees system.

1. Am I right in thinking that when setting a fixed not yet available price for a transaction the maker fee applies and when in instant operations the taker fee is charged?

2. Krakens description also says that if I then place a next order which will execute before the maker order it will be charged with a taker fee. Could I bypass it i.e. by making the second order in another currency as in EHT/EUR and ETH/USD?

3. Considering that my maker/taker understanding is correct - are my assets somehow frozen once I place an order?

4. A more general question - is there a limit to how much volume I can instantly buy when I see that the price is appealing?
>>
My first buy in BTC was at $700 per coin and over two year later I sold at $400 for a $1072 profit.

My balls are made of concrete. I never sell for a loss.
>>
Add hf_fwiw on skype to join a crypto trading chat
>>
>>1095582
In a maker taker model, reduced fees are given to the market “makers” who provide liquidity to the market “takers”. The maker fee applies when you add liquidity to the order book by placing a limit buy below market price or a limit sell above market price. The maker fee is paid only when such orders are taken by new incoming orders. The taker fee applies when you remove liquidity from the book by placing a market or limit order that executes immediately against a limit order already on the book. All advanced orders trigger either market or limit orders and the triggered market or limit order will be maker or taker as described above."
>>
I'm currently waiting to pull the trigger on an XMR sale. I sold ETH at 0.016 and I'm keeping my eye on it before I rebuy.

I made a bit of money off a trade of DCR but kept a small amount since I don't know if it will get pumped or not.
>>
>>1095638
Better buy ethereum. This week will be news. Probably homestead release will be by the weekend.
>>
>>1095602
>The maker fee is paid only when such orders are taken by new incoming orders.
How do I understand this?

And what about the other questions from >>1095582
?
>>
>>1095653
it won't double again soon.
>>
File: orders.jpg (25KB, 220x430px) Image search: [Google]
orders.jpg
25KB, 220x430px
>>1095658
Take this order list as an example;
- lets say you have 100 ETH and 1 BTC in your balance

a) You expect an uptrend comming soon, you decide you want to buy ETH, and place a buy order with a price of 0.01332 (or below). Your order sits there (you put liqudity into the market) until someone decides to sell ETH to you. After your order is filled (someone sells you ETH) you are charged with a maker fee.
b) There's already an uptrend under way, and you want to jump on the bandwagon. You decide you want to buy ETH as soon as possible and you decide to buy the first available sell order (in this case 0.01342). You fill your buy order with price 0.01342 and the second you hit "Buy", your order is filled because you bought ETH from someone for 0.01342 (you took liquidity from the market). In this case you're charged the taker fee.

The same applies when you're selling. If you make an order to sell ETH for 0.01342 (or higher) you're charged with a maker fee if and when someone buys your order. If you decide to panicsell and you sell it for 0.01332 (or a lower price if you want to sell larger volume), a taker fee is applied.

As for 2) from my understanding maker/taker orders only apply by a way of executing them (chill or panic more or less), they aren't affected by different markets

3) Technically, your assets arent "frozen", when you put them into the market they are exactly that..in the market. You can view it as an auction house, you still own your assets, but they're currently on display and you cant touch them or use them for other purposes unless you take them away from the market

4) not sure if there's an instant buy limit, but as a rule of thumb, don't panic buy or sell large quantities of anything, it never goes well.
>>
>>1095671
ok gordon gekko
>>
>>1095694
Thanks anon.
>>
>>1095694
Now I'm already "in the market". I'll go to sleep while my money reproduces.
>>
How long is it taking you guys to generate a block of ETH? It's been like maybe three days and I'm getting impatient.

I get about an 11 Mh/s hashrate.
>>
>>1095813
They have calculators for that dumbass
>>
I have .1311 bitcoin (~$50) coming in tomorrow from coinbase. I was gonna convert to ether, however I already bought 40 ether last week. Should I sell the bitcoin, convert to ether, or hold on to the bitcoin?

Also, should I transfer all my ether at myetherwallet to my mist wallet?
>>
>>1096081
If you wanna get more ETH today you might wanna wait until it tests a couple of supports. It seems to be in a slight downtrend now so it could potentially get cheaper for you if you wait a couple hours.
>>
>>1095588
Top tier post m8y
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.