[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

insider trading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: index.jpg (9KB, 258x195px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9KB, 258x195px
I work in a gold mine, my role is in lower management, because I work literally at the face, and i am also friends with the geologists etc... I know about when the mine is doing well and when it isn't before the market hears about this. Last time i got a good tip, we got baught out by another company 3 days later and the share price doubled.

I regularly know when the mine is doing well and when it isn't, and at the moment it is doing very well. at the moment i only play the market on a simulator and have had some wins and some losses with my predictions about the place. I am up about 10% this time. (not including the 100% on the last buyout, and 30% on the last re-valuation) my question is. given that it is also a forighen owned company. what are my chances of being caught if i trade this stock in real life, frequently. also Because I am NOT technically privvy to most information besides daily reports of the ore and the grade etc... just how illegal is this?
>>
>>1094689
If you haven't signed any contract that restricts your trading of your company, then you're pretty much in the clear. Even back when I worked in management consulting you seldom had specific restrictions on trading a client's stock unless you were handling things like unpublished financials.
>>
Yeah I think i would be fairly safe, I see daily reports of how much we produce, however so do hundreds of other people who most likely have the stock.

I tried trading through family, however the family member i got to buy the shares when the price doubled only bought $1000 for me (with my money) and didn't tell me because they thought i was being "too risky" so i lost my 10K payout...wasn't happy.

I think i'll do it myself from now on.
>>
>>1094689
Trading on non-public information in a company that work for? You're a special kind of stupid, OP. Enjoy pound-me-in-the-ass prison.

>>1094699
Um, your contract with your employer can't save you from criminal and civil prosecution by market regulators, dumbass.

>>1094710
Typical 4chan. "One random retard agrees with me, and was the first post, so we must be right. Hurr durr."
>>
>>1094712
If I bought for a long hold how is it any different from any other employee buying the stock?
>>
You're probably too small time to go after though no gurantees of course. A few thousand bucks really isn't worth the SEC's time

Lower management..still going underground...interacting with geologists...are you something like a surveyor? I'm guessing at Cortez or Turquise Ridge

Congrats on having a paying job in the industry right now. Mine I was at closed a couple months ago.
>>
>>1094716
It's not, and you won't be prosecuted for a one-time or even period buys that don't follow any particular timing pattern. There's nothing wrong is investing in your company, other than the fact that its a monumentally stupid thing to do from a risk management standpoint.

But when the regulators see you making regular trades that precede positive earnings announcements, or single trades precede significant company events, red flags go up.

But seriously man, 20 seconds on Google would have answered this for you. You obviously have a computer, internet access,and a functional grasp of the English language. Put them together and figure this out for yourself.
>>
>>1094710
Giving tips to your family/friends so they can trade for you is just as illegal as doing it yourself.
>>
op, how about you give us a few tips about your comapny next time you think we should invest? help a brother out maybe?
>>
>>1094689
>also Because I am NOT technically privvy to most information besides daily reports of the ore and the grade etc...

Daily reports of the ore and grade sounds like very good insider information to me, the kind you shouldn't be trading on. I know I wouldn't.
>>
What kind of average daily volume does your mine trade at? If you're buying 10k worth of stock and 500+ shares trade hands on a given day I seriously doubt it would get noticed. Especially with the current run up on gold. If you start swing trading or trading too frequently you're probably getting closer to the edge. Make some money but don't get greedy.
>>
>>1094822
500K+
>>
>>1094689

you're gonna get vanned bro. if you're gonna inside trade, get someone you trust to do it in their name and you just feed them the info.
>>
>>1094775
The reports tell you some information but not all, because the company I work for also owns other mines I only know about the mine I work at, and weekly reports of other mines, what it Dosent tell you is what decisions corporate will make in terms of spending and investment. Mine development etc, that is where the real price altering is done. The mine has gold, everybody knows that, but the cost of production and if it is cost effective to get and if they will go for it are another thing.

Sometimes the mine looks fantastic on paper and the price is shit, some years the price is great and the mine is doing shit, the market price really tends to reflect people's attitude toward gold etc, and not the true value that is there
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.