[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Business Literature General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 12

File: bizlit2016border.gif (1MB, 1078x1660px) Image search: [Google]
bizlit2016border.gif
1MB, 1078x1660px
When asked how to get smarter, Buffett once held up stacks of paper and said he "read 500 pages like this every day. That's how knowledge builds up, like compound interest."

All of us can build our knowledge but most of us won't put in the effort.

One person who took Buffett's advice, Todd Combs, now works for the legendary investor. He took Buffett's advice seriously and started keeping track of what he read and how many pages he was reading.

The more you learn, the more you earn biz!
>>
>>1093924
okay thanks, i'll go read the secret now.
>>
>>1093924
>500 pages every day
will you even absorb most of the info?
>>
Where's the best place to start? Thinking the intelligent investor
>>
>>1093924
Someone really needs to make a new biz lit infographic. Half the books on here are shit, 25% are ok and 25% are good.
>>
>>1094139

This. Most of these are garbage. 25% are good.
>>
>>1094041
The Way to Wealth, it's only a dozen or so pages long but full of substance
>>
>>1093924
knawledge will get you to the hollywood hills and a lambo account
>>
>>1093924
Half of these are shitty self help books they hand out at free 'investor' meetings for pyramid schemes. They're full of motivational bullshit with real value. I see 5 good books in here.
>>
I fundamentally refuse to believe that a rich person's 'get rich' book will help me in any way. I cannot understand why a rich person would want to enrich other people.
>>
>>1095668
Yes, if you like a tiny pamphlet of vaguely motivational bullshit then the way to wealth is the perfect place.

Security analysis and the intelligent investor are probably the two best books up there even though the information is dated you're at least learning real valid information on investing instead of

"Industry need not wish, and he who lives upon hope will die fasting. There are no gains without pains; then help hands, for I have no lands” or vaguely motivational bullshit like “An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.”

Do you sell fitness products to your friends through social media by any chance?
>>
you cant read 500 pages a day and understand wtf youre reading.
>>
>>1095687
>I'm an underage millennial who thinks 'da 1%' is why people are poor and they're all in cahoots to keep everyone down

The motivation is quite simple, they wrote a book to get people to buy and read the book. The chances of more people buying it (resulting in the author making more money) if the book has something real and viable to offer (or in the case of most of these vague, motivational bullshit that retards eat up before going back to the same dumb shit they've always done) There is the motivation. On top of that many of the better books written on finance and investing are done so by experts in the field who stand to make greater salaries if their books are considered excellent analysis. Two forms of motivation right there, where as someone writing a book about finance and investing designed around failure has no motive or possible gain for the author other than the potential to waste some idiot's time who is too dumb to diversify his knowledge base and realize what is factual, solid analysis and what is nonsense.
>>
>>1095690
Well, YOU certainly can't.
>>
>>1095688
It was written by a founding father and introduces readers to the importance of saving and productivity in finances. It's a business classic.

>>1095679
>>1095684
>>1095695
Calm the fuck down
>>
File: bb.jpg (332KB, 2104x1708px) Image search: [Google]
bb.jpg
332KB, 2104x1708px
>>1093924
>held up stacks of paper
he wasn't holding up stacks of self-help books

>>1094139
>>1095234
how about this
>>
>>1095789
>The Millionaire next door
I would say that is a good one to read, it is a little short and redunant but i liked it.

I would also add
>7 habits of Highly Effective People
>Thinking: Fast and Slow.

The truth is there is so much online for free, "If you Can" is a great primer for neophytes and it is 100% free
>>
>>1095789
That's a lot better but some of the books (most notably The Millionaire Fastlane) deserve to be taken off completely and never considered.

Stuff like Getting To Yes could be moved up depending on what you want to learn, but this is probably fine for a finance literature infographic.
>>
>>1095234
>>1094139
What are your top three?
>>
File: 9780399594496.jpg (33KB, 292x450px) Image search: [Google]
9780399594496.jpg
33KB, 292x450px
Any good?
>>
why do most business books look and sound so shitty?

"ONE UP ON WALL STREET"
"I will TEACH you to be RICH"
"The only networking book you will EVER need"

They all sound like buzzfeed articles.
>>
I read /biz/ everyday. I should be rich by the end of 2016, 2017 at the latest.
>>
File: 51tRH-3n7DL.jpg (46KB, 367x500px) Image search: [Google]
51tRH-3n7DL.jpg
46KB, 367x500px
>>1095789
They Really Really need to be categorized or at least color coded.

Psychology
Personal Finance
Corporate Finance
Micro Economics
Accounting
Risk Management

I like all the Yes pics here.
T&GR and H2WF&IP definitely belong in Psych
and should be approached first.
I could see an argument for Way2Wealth.
Richest man in Babylon is good but I don't think its essential.

Ramit's IWTY2BR is by far the best Personal Finance System right now relative to Ormen, Ramsey, and the other Personal Finance shills. He's the only one that doesn't take kickbacks from the mutual funds and insurance companies.

I think it should be in personal finance For Sure, relative to the other options, he is categorically the best, as far as behavior change. IMO

As Far as economics I haven't read any of these books or texts. /biz/ plz

In Risk management Should go Ben graham
perhaps under sub tags Asset Acquisition. and the picrelated under sub tag Asset Management

None of these For Dummies books should be in here. We can likely do better.
>>
>>1095693

>I'm an underage millennial who thinks 'da 1%' is why people are poor and they're all in cahoots to keep everyone down

What the fuck are you talking about. My sole point was that the rich don't give away their 'secrets', you retard. How you imagine I'm some OWS nigger is beyond me. I don't give a fuck about poorfags.

All these books are just bait which give you half the story. Nobody needs them, if you do, you're not destined to make any money anyway.

You might want to improve your comprehension skills before talking about the value of any book.
>>
File: 1455588011359.jpg (781KB, 2104x1708px) Image search: [Google]
1455588011359.jpg
781KB, 2104x1708px
>>1095998
They don't give away short term strategies, but those are immediately available to the public after they are enacted.

>Believing in destiny

So my updates so far
>>
How about reading the same books as Buffet and Munger? They don't waste their time with any book that has "become" in the title, and you should do the same.
https://www.farnamstreetblog.com/2014/06/charlie-munger-recommended-books/
https://www.farnamstreetblog.com/2014/08/book-recommendations-from-billionaire-charlie-munger/
>>
>>1095927
Yes
>>
File: 1455588011359.jpg (1MB, 6536x1906px) Image search: [Google]
1455588011359.jpg
1MB, 6536x1906px
Okay added the relevant ones. Skipped a few less relevant titles. added some memes
>>
>>1095789
>Boggleheads guide under "probably not"

This has been one of the single most informative books about personal finance I have ever read. Even if you think it's just shilling for Vanguard low cost ETFs it's still worth reading for the information about taxes, stocks, bonds, and avoiding pyramid schemes.
>>
Are there any recent economic books that fundamentally explore and explain the ideas and history of "Animal Spirits"?

I'm thinking of trying to get a hold of pic related but i'm wondering if it would be just as good to read internet articles on it.
>>
File: please kill yourself.png (120KB, 396x382px) Image search: [Google]
please kill yourself.png
120KB, 396x382px
>>1093924
>no rich dad on Op pics
>>
>>1097387
does Shiller make any money.

this chart is powerful but it seems like tail chasing to me b/c the return has price in the denominator and the P/E has price in the numerator.
so the relationship is return over earnings which is somewhat arbitrary????
can you explain/ resolve this for me
>>
>>1096150
Put early retirement extreme on it
>>
>>1097387
Cant remember the books name but yeh it has a cave man pushing a shopping cart on the front if that helps
>>
File: bulls climb stairs.gif (2MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
bulls climb stairs.gif
2MB, 500x282px
>>1097387
Bulls climb stairs and bears fall out of windows. Not much spirit to me.
>>
>>1095927
currently listening to it on audio tape via youtube. It's really good at giving you an insight as to what being a big shot business man is like with all the stories he tells. While not really amazing at being a what to do it just puts your brain in a good mindset to pursue other books. Great intro book if you like or dislike Trump.
>>
File: 51F1PGY718L.jpg (39KB, 364x475px) Image search: [Google]
51F1PGY718L.jpg
39KB, 364x475px
I highly recommend this book for those wanting to start a small business and don't get a lot of the accounting stuff.
>>
>>1098379
Just browsed it. added under PF.
>>
Lean Today, Rich Tomorrow: Succeeding in Today's Globalization Chaos By Joe Bichai
2015 | 219 Pages | ISBN: 1482235641 | PDF | 3 MB
This book is about an actual Lean transformation that took place in a 100-year-old North American manufacturer's factory. tells the story of how an obsolete factory destined for closure was transformed into the most productive North American manufacturer in its field, but this shift didn't happen without its share of obstacles.Despite the problems the company encountered, the implementation of the Lean/TPS with JIT and Kaizen absolutely ensured its survival while many companies in the field fell under the shadow of bankruptcy. The company eliminated the bad habits associated with its antiquated push system, including piecework, batch process, and rework, and transformed its factory into a JIT/Lean philosophy-driven plant with one-piece flow, U-shaped production lines, and productivity sharing.Telling a tale of adventure, the book guides readers through the steps taken by the company to improve processes and results over a ten-year period. This success story will give managers the tools to succeed in rallying and training a workforce to achieve Lean goals through a substantive change in culture. The book keeps the use of theory to a minimum. However, to make it useful to both students and professionals, it explains the basic concepts of the Toyota system.Presented in a compelling story format, is a practical work, told the way it was experienced. It avoids complex formulas, algorithms, and grand theories and instead illustrates the process used by this Canadian enterprise and its employees to achieve their successful implementation without the help of consultants.

Looks interesting anyone wanna read
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.