[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ETHEREUM The next chapter: If you bought ETH in the last few

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 35

File: ethlovesyou.jpg (151KB, 500x584px) Image search: [Google]
ethlovesyou.jpg
151KB, 500x584px
ETHEREUM The next chapter:

If you bought ETH in the last few weeks what did you actually buy?

You now own the most technologically advanced form of money yet invented by man. Infinitely programable money.

You also own the cryptocurrency which will be BTC's most likely successor. The number of physical meetups are second only to bitcoin and far outstrip all other cryptocurrencies combined.

Ethereum is poaching bitcoin developers at an alarming rate. companies and startups which turned their noses up at Bitcoin are now flocking to Ethereum to develop their web 3.0 applications. It is the likely backbone of the future IOT internet of things.

In a month or so, The Ethereum browser will begin to fill up with exciting DAPPS that empower YOU in ways previously impossible.

Cont:
>>
>>1092016
>Infinitely programable money

And today in "meaningless shill phrases"...
>>
>Meetups
http://www.meetup.com/topics/ethereum/
>List of DAPPS
http://dapps.ethercasts.com/
>How to set up your mist wallet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6lE0Ctaeqs

>Important tokens/DAPPS
>decentralised prediction market
http://www.augur.net/
>decentralised gold
https://dgx.io/#/
>stable coin
https://makerdao.com/
>slock.it
http://slock.it/index.html

mining info go to r/ethermining
>>
Technical & DApp Development

>Ethereum Stack Exchange
https://ethereum.stackexchange.com/
>Official Guide
https://ethereum.gitbooks.io/frontier-guide/content/
>Official Tutorials
https://ethereum.org/
>Solidity Documentation
https://solidity.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
>Javascript API
https://github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/JavaScript-API#getting-started

>official subrebbit
r/ethereum
>marketplace for individuals exchanging goods and services for Ether
r/ethmarket
>>
File: 1392466933891.gif (375KB, 144x192px) Image search: [Google]
1392466933891.gif
375KB, 144x192px
News we know will happen

Homestead release date (we are deemed stable, come the masses)
New Ethereum Foundation website - the preview here is jaw dropping
Augur release date (potential game changing dapp)
Fenbushi statement on Ethereum startup invesments
Devcon2 Asian location
VB’s other mystery China adventures
Clearmatics news (VB involved)
Ethcore's Parity release
Casper's new release date
Consensys' TransActive Grid
Consensys' Icebox
Ujo Music official release

Other Dapps and/or ventures with momentum to keep an eye on

Slock.it
Consenys
Digix.io
Ethcore
Maker
Plutus
FreeMyVunk
Provenance
Colony

Potential surprises that are not really surprises

OKcoin inclusion (largest exchange in China, insane history with price boosts)
Gemini inclusion (New York baby!)
News from any of the 100+ Dapps/Ventures we know (and don’t know) that are under development. For example, we didn’t see Plutus or Provenance coming until there was news about it.
>>
File: 1454288696542s.jpg (7KB, 250x172px) Image search: [Google]
1454288696542s.jpg
7KB, 250x172px
Ethereum homestead release website preview:

http://dipl.me:3000/
>>
File: le kurut face meme.jpg (47KB, 692x692px) Image search: [Google]
le kurut face meme.jpg
47KB, 692x692px
>tfw came late for ETH
>tfw people panic selling
just in time to buy in cheap

Chipped in enough for some measly 45 ETH, don't disappoint me.
>>
>>1092016
How the fuck are you getting passed many filters!?!
>>
>>1092018
HIGH KEK
>>
File: 800px-Dessert_Spoon.jpg (110KB, 800x525px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Dessert_Spoon.jpg
110KB, 800x525px
>>1092131
But Neo, there are no filters
>>
>>1092016

Big promises, next month, next year, to the moon!

Hmm I've heard all this before somewhere, I just can't quite place it..
>>
File: 1422087447551.jpg (75KB, 650x555px) Image search: [Google]
1422087447551.jpg
75KB, 650x555px
>>1092461
REMEMBER WHEN IT WAS /biz/ - DOGESHILLING

NOW ITS /biz/ - ETHSHILLING
>>
File: 1428664206023.jpg (442KB, 1324x1101px) Image search: [Google]
1428664206023.jpg
442KB, 1324x1101px
>>1092016
>It is the likely backbone of the future IOT internet of things.

I work in IOT and this made me laugh.
"Invest" all you money goyim, you sure know what you are talking about...
>>
>>1092473
I post on the internet and I found this post really helpful. Nothing is better than some vague, shallow post that offers nothing of substance.
>>
>>1092473
Proofs
>>1092471
If you bought doge you can only blame yourself. Comparing actual bitcoin 2.0 to dogecoin is moronic and just shows your lack of knowlege.
>>1092461
Ethereums market cap will eventually be much larger than bitcoins current market cap. This year it will be over a $billion. By next year it will be equal to bitcoins.
>>
>>1092471

>doge
>in the same universe as ethereum

You don't understand the underlying tech, do you?
>>
File: dogen.png (110KB, 336x335px) Image search: [Google]
dogen.png
110KB, 336x335px
>>1092494
I UNDERSTAND THE SELF INTERESTED PUMP AND DUMP SHILLING BLANKETING THIS BOARD IN THE SAME EXACT WAY
>>
>>1092499

thought so
>>
>>1092499
Just buy some Ethereum. You will literally be kicking yourself, in the face, when it overtakes bitcoin
>>
File: Top-Image.png (148KB, 640x285px) Image search: [Google]
Top-Image.png
148KB, 640x285px
>>1092500
SHILL HARDER SHILL

MAKE ANOTHER 20 THREADS FOR YOUR PUMP AND DUMP

>>1092504
I DONT BUY SCAMS
>>
>>1092505
You seem to have a lot of dogecoin memes saved. Maybe you're suffering from butthurt. Some ethereum might be just what the doctor ordered.
>>
File: moondoge.jpg (64KB, 750x400px) Image search: [Google]
moondoge.jpg
64KB, 750x400px
>>1092506
>DOGETOR

ONE JOB, SHILL
>>
>>1092508
I'm just pointing out the facts. Ethereum will be bigger than bitcoin sooner or later. Ether is a good cryptocurrency to own.
>>
File: dogecar so mainstream wow.png (682KB, 1003x558px) Image search: [Google]
dogecar so mainstream wow.png
682KB, 1003x558px
>>1092509
UNTIL ITS SURPASSED BY ANOTHER

BITCOIN ALREADY FILLED THE ORIGINAL CRYPTOCURRENCY SLOT

EVERYTHING ELSE IS TRYING ITS LUCK, SHITCOINS OR OTHERWISE ARE ALL FUNCTIONALLY BEING USED AS PUMP AND DUMP SCAMS BY SPECULATORS
>>
>>1092527
Nope. You are wrong. Ethereum is unique and leads technologically by a long margin. It does things that bitcoin could never do and brings huge utility and benefit to society. Typing in all caps is what morons do.
>>
>>1092016
Wahhahaha I've never seen so many buzzwords in one post before. Kudos to you sir.
>>
File: meatspin.gif (1MB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
meatspin.gif
1MB, 256x256px
>>1092531
ENJOY THE DUMP, PUMPER

>/biz/ - ETHSHILLING
>>
>>1092536
I will continue to enjoy reality conforming to my expectations.

This week was just a small demonstration of where the ETH price will be going. In the coming days the price will stabilise and continue to rise gradually. The next bubble will take us above a billion market cap and by that time our lead vs the shitcoins will be unassailable and bitcoins place at the top will begin to look shakey. Remember, this is from a crypto that is barely 7 months on the market.
>>
>>1092541
Promises, promises.. because reasons, I know. This ain't the first time we've all heard what you're serving up you know.

It's just so easy to talk, isn't it?
>>
>>1092541
WHEN A GIANT LEGITIMATE ESTABLISHED COMPANY COMES IN AND MAKES THE REAL DEFACTO BIG BUSINESS CRYPTOCURRENCY, THAT WILL BE THE ONE TO BUY

THIS IS ANOTHER PUMP AND DUMP, HENCE ALL THE SHILLING BY INTERESTED PARTIES
>>
>>1092655
Yes you clearly know nothing. It is impossible for a big conpany to create a cryptocurrency. It is a logical impossibility. A smart contract platform MUST be decentralised and trustless. Apple creating their own digital currency would mean trusting apple. So not a trustless system.

It is impossible for a state/company to create a cryptocurrency that is decentralised and trustless. That is only achievable through a byzantine resistant consensus algorithm.

Enjoy having your lack of grounding in the high theory of cryptocurrency keep you poor until your dying days.
>>
>>1092652
Yes, reasons. If you do not want to listen to reason you can stay with the poor people.
>>
>>1092659
>implying crytpos have to be decentralized and trustless in order to function
Wew lad. Ripple is a perfect example of a centralized crypto and it works fine. In fact, a couple banks are already on the network. This isn't an endorsement of Ripple, just a note that you are clueless and ignorant.
>>
>>1092661
What I picture when I imagine you and your ilk is a million open mouths positioned under a teat, going gimme gimme come on.. but nothing's coming out. Is it?
>>
>>1092663
Yes but it doesn't work fine does it. To use ripple you have to trust that their schitzo developers won't freeze your coins. It is impossible for it to be trustless. It goes against the two central tennets of cryptocurrency. Trustless byzantine consensus and complete fungibility of coins.
>>
>>1092664
Even more ironic is that it's fools like you who are holding back real innovation. By trying to jump on every train with a million other fools all at once, you're basically squashing every flower before it can bloom. You're a blight. How does that feel, to be a plague, an agent of the status quo that suffocates any real chance of change?
>>
>>1092672
But it does work fine and people/banks do use it. Just because it doesn't fit your definition of needing to be "trustless" doesn't mean it doesn't function and hasn't gained acceptance. You're incredibly close minded. You think cryptos need to fit your libertarian ideals. They don't. There are no tenets of cryptocurrency, and the only limits are the technological ones.
>>
>>1092675
Are you talking about me or yourself?
>>
>>1092676
No. It's impossible for a smart contract to work if the system it is working on relies on trusting RIPPLE. Otherwise you might as well just go back to trusting an attorney or some law firm. They're probably easier to sue.

The whole raison d'etre of a smart contract is that it works on a conpletely secure byzantine resistant protocol. That is the central pillar of the logic of the thing.

That is why Ethereum devs spent so much time and effort on the consensus algorithm. Thats why it took them more than a year to bring it out to beta. And then a further 8 months until the stable version will be released later this month.
>>
>>1092677
Brilliant response.

I admit I love antagonizing you motherfuckers. It's like shooting fish in a barrel, because you're just not that bright. Anyone with half a brain can see the truth of what I am saying, so it's like, where's the challenge? It does amuse me though.

Ethereum, now with more DERPS.
>>
>>1092680
IS IT PATENTED

IBM IS DEVELOPING THEIR OWN SYSTEM

WHO ARE BIG BUSINESSES GOING TO TRUST
>>
>>1092680
You know that Ripple created Codius and developed the idea for smart contracts while Ethereum was still fiddling their thumbs right? It is a working system. I'm not even a crypto fanatic and I know more about this than you. Do some more research because you are totally clueless.
>>
>>1092683
I'll take the bait every time. Now what objections do you have with ethereum or even the concept of a decentralised currency in general?
>>
>>1092686
But it was all for nothing. Ripple is centralised and therefore any code running on it is useless.

Ethereum is a truly decentralised and completely censorship proof medium. Ripple can fudge the issue all they like, the fact is they cannot offer that, because they control every single thing on their network.
>>
>>1092689
>anything centralized is useless
I don't think you know how retarded you sound. Even Ethereum is 99% centralized right now because almost every transaction is going through a centralized exchange. Your assertions hold no weight. Fuck man, if you are going to shill something maybe you should study up more.
>>
>>1092687
I have no objection to ether or decentralized currency. It's YOU I have an objection to, you see? Because you are a shill. You have no ground to stand on, I can pull the rug out from under you 18 different ways and you will only come back with same weak shit. Don't take it personally, though, it's all just good fun.
>>
>>1092683
If you had any self-awareness, you'd realize that you sound like an enormous tool. You have contributed absolutely nothing worthwhile to this thread. What does that make you?
>>
>>1092694
But you've done none of that.

You mistake me for someone who is in this for personal financial gain.
>>
>>1092692
An exchange is an external issue to the actual ethereum network.

What exchange people choose to use has no impact on the integrity of the actual network.

Ethereum has almost half as many nodes now as the almost decade old bitcoin network.

Most of bitcoin is transacted through light clients and online wallets.

The ethereum mist wallet requires users run a full node and therefore it is the second most decentralised crypto in existance after bitcoin.
>>
>>1092698
Ha I'll leave that for the reader to decide. Ta ta.
>>
>>1092710
You should buy ethereum.
>>
>>1092701
>second most decentralised crypto in existance after bitcoin
So what? The point I am trying to get at is that something doesn't have to be decentralized to be useful or function. You have a very tiny viewpoint and scope of what cryptocurrencies "need" to be. Almost all technologies that exist today have differing amounts of centralization, even your beloved Ethereum. You're stuck on the false perception that decentralization is going to be the main selling point where the masses flock to all use it. In reality, it isn't necessary to have a workable system. The only thing decentralization is good for is full anonymity which the public really doesn't care about and the government full on opposes. You are only going to win over die-hard libertarians. This is the reason why Ripple, which is fully centralized was able to already get a few banks to join on the network and knock out the majority of altcoins in marketcap. Decentralization is probably the number one thing standing in the way of cryptos like Bitcoin. Without someone controlling the supply and inflation rates, it will always be beset with volatility which is a deterrent to public consumption. Ethereum is even worse because the main usecase for ETH is smart contracts which have been shown to have such minimal interest that Ripple has stopped pouring money into it.
>>
>>1092692
I don't keep my ether on exchanges bruh. Mine are in a cryptographically secure multi-sig contract floating in the network.
>>
>>1092726
Just because you didn't buy your ETH through an exchange doesn't mean that 99% of everyone else hasn't.
>>
>>1092731
I bought them on exchanges, but I moved them to my Mist wallet.
>>
>>1092736
Now they just sit there right? How are you disproving my point again?
>>
>>1092741
That Ethereum is currently 99% centralized.
>>
>>1092739
>Now they just sit there right?

No, I'll use them to run dapps or buy things.
>>
>>1092744
>I'll
As in "I will"? Possibly. Right now you sure aren't getting any use out of them.
>>
>>1092748
There are dapps I can use right now, I just haven't yet. I only bought my ether in late January.

Besides, it's an investment in the system. Even if I personally don't use it, I know many corporations and other organizations and people will, and I believe in it as a way to make the world run more efficiently and with less curruption.
>>
>>1092760
>less curruption.
THIS IS REASON ENOUGH TO KNOW IT WILL FAIL

BASICALLY RONPAULCOIN

WHEN IBM RELEASES ITS VERSION, ALL BUSINESS WILL FLOCK TO IT AND THE CRYPTO WILDWEST PUMP AND DUMP WILL BE OVER
>>
>>1092725
So you are against the concept of a cryptocurrency fundamentally.

Ripple cannot make a smart contract because it isn't starting from a trustless base. They tried to obfuscate the matter but the fact is it is impossible for them.

Nocoiner opinion discarded.
>>
>>1092765
You don't get a higher supply with more miners, all that will happen is the ether will be distributed amongst more miners.

There are set rewards for each block and a set time per block. The number of people mining has no effect on the rate of ether supply.

Confirmed for not understanding how cryptos work.
>>
>>1092760
>dapps
Niche uses. Decentralized apps are a gimmick and may or may not gain any traction. We are going off on a tangent though. I don't even really care about Ethereum to be honest. The only reason I even responded to an earlier post is that someone claimed that it was impossible for a big company to create a crypto and that cryptos have to be decentralized and trustless. Both of these statements are false.
>>
>>1092766
Ok whatever you say caps lock man.
I already explained why it's impossible to have a trustless system running on byzantine consensus tgat is centralised by a corporate entity. That is why ripple failed as a cryptocurrency and that is why china coin or apple coin will fail as well.

You can't have a centralised decentralised system its illogical you also cannot have a fair trustless system that is controlled by one entity, it is also a illogical paradox.

The only way for smart contracts and DAOs to work is for the substrate they run on to be a DE-centralised and trustLESS one. The whole thing becomes a sham otherwise.
>>
>>1092768
I'm not against cryptos, I am just saying that cryptos don't have to be decentralized in order to function. Blockchain technology is not limited by libertarian ideals, no matter how much you think it "should" be.
>>
>>1092773
But Ripple didn't fail as a crypto. It is still being used. I don't think you really have thought this all the way through... You may want to take a break from posting for a bit and come back when your mind is less foggy.
>>
>>1092770
Yes, it is impossible to have a centrally controlled trustless network. The two things contradict each other.

You can read Nick Szabo and David Chaums peer reviewed academic papers on the subject if you don't want to take my word for it.
>>
>>1092778
Who said anything about "trustless networks" being a necessity to a functioning system. Again, you are under a lot of false impressions here because you are clouded by your ideologies.
>>
>>1092777
It is used as a sort of innefficient forex trading system. Not as even a cryptocurrency or a smart contract platform. True you may be able to write scripts in ripple. But this does not conform to the academic definition of a smart contract.
>>
>>1092780
>who said

Literally that is the academic consensus on the subject.
>>
>>1092782
The only reason that smart contracts never took off on the Ripple network is because there was little to no demand for it. It doesn't mean that they aren't possible. It's the same reason that there is virtually zero demand for smart contracts on the Ethereum network as well. They just are not very practical at the moment and serve a very small niche.
>>
>>1092785
>academic consensus
Between who? Libertarians? Of course they are going to only vouch for a decentralized network. You do realized that the financial networks we use currently all across the globe are centralized? They are fully functioning.
>>
>>1092786
No the reason is that they aren't smart contracts. They are scripts.

in ethereum contracts are first class citizens like accounts are. A contract can operate independantly because it is running on a trustless system.

Whoever writes that smart contract can be 100% sure that it will stay on the blockchain forever. And keep operating as it was written as long as it has sufficient ETH to continue its functions.

Ripple has no such functionality because it is a centralised system and cant do any of those things.
>>
>>1092785
ITS MORE ACCURATELY >MUH ETHICS WANKERY AND RONPAULISMS

BUSINESS WILL GO TO THE BIG COMPANY THAT LEGITIMIZES AND DEVELOPS THE TECHNOLOGY UNDER THEIR ESTABLISHED REPUTATION

MAINSTREAM ADOPTION IS ABOUT PERCEPTION AND BRAND TRUSTWORTHYNESS
>>
>>1092790
Yes they are functioning. But they do not allow for smart contracts because they are centralised.

That is why ethereum is such a technological innovation.

If you don't think that cryptographers, economists and computer scientists are academics then you obviously have some kind of political axe to grind
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 400x400px
>>1092793
That is your belief, so go and invest in IBM and apple.
>>
>>1092792
>being this pedantic
They are smart contracts. Ripple developed them first. Read anything on Codius since you are obviously ignorant about them. Or don't. I honestly have no skin in the game. There are no smart contracts currently available through Ethereum and when they do come up to speed they will figure out the same thing that Ripple did, there is virtually no demand for them. I don't know how I can explain this to you any more clearly. Your gimmick sounds good but it needs to be practical and useful in the real world.
>>
>>1092794
"Smart contracts" have now become the end all? How do you even figure this? This reminds me of when Bitcoin was touting microtransactions as if this somehow validated its use. Microtransactions were scrapped by major credit card companies and even Paypal because there was just no demand for it. If there was such a high demand then more people would be trying to develop smart contracts. As of right now it is just another gimmick for Ethereum to try to maintain its difference from Bitcoin and become relevant.
>>
>>1092797
Thats the thing, codius is a scripting language.

A smart contract is a script running on a trustless byzantine resistant network.

Two different things.

On codius:
>this platform would use hosting providers, like the ones that run many websites, to host the decentralized applications — not a decentralized network.

See?

Obviously one single smart contract is not all that useful. But when you have a whole ecosystem of smart contracts, they can all interact with each other and this will build the foundation of what people call web3.0
>>
>>1092805
I suppose you think IOT is a gimmick and 3D printing is a ginmick, what about fracking? How about Virtual reality? Driverless cars?

All these things sound gimmicky, but when you actually look in to the potential of smart contracts you will see that they can actually achieve things not possible right now.
>>
>>1092806
>they can all interact with each other and this will build the foundation of what people call web3.0
Buzzwords. What does smart contracts interacting even mean? Eli5 one use case. This vague mumbojumbo you are spouting doesn't really amount to a whole lot.
>>
>>1092812
Ok, currently the entire internet relys on google to tell the time the date, the weather. And every little tiny thing about the outside world.

In a byzantine resistant system it is possible to use crowd wisdom and markets as oracles to tell all these facts about the outside world with far greater reliability and trustworthiness than relying on one company -currently google.

That is what ethereum aims to build. An internet that exists. That doesn't rely on a central entity.

For example prediction markets can accurately predict all sorts of things and accurately report on events in the world.

This is the aort of organic internet that is web3.0
>>
>>1092808
>3D printing is a ginmick, what about fracking? How about Virtual reality? Driverless cars?
Yes some of these are definitely gimmicks. They have limited use. I am not saying that some people don't devise some uses for 3D printing like architectural modeling and prototypes but they have seriously overshot their self worth when they thought it would disrupt the world of traditional manufacturing. Its a case of over inflated egos and head in the cloud type thinking. If you were being practical you would see that Ethereum is the same thing. Its actually use cases are limited and not very practical. You are caught up in the hype.
>>
>>1092818
Thats just your opinion as someone that has only superficially looked at the facts.
>>
>>1092817
>all this fluff
Holy crap. I'm missing the use case in all your buzzwords.
>>
>>1092822
The use case is that entire companies and banks no longer need to exist. Smart contracts can handle all the transactions between buyer and seller, between service provider and service user, between owner and renter.

These dapps are actually a short time away from being deployed.

Even decentralised insurance
>>
>>1092822
Makerdao is an example. It is a project to build a stable token pegged to the special drawing right. A side effect of reducing volitility of the 'dai' token is offering leverage to traders. All this is handled by the DAO trustlessly. It also offers decentralised credit to businesses.
>>
ETH is dead long term because it's turin complete. While low IQ morons think this is a good feature, it's actually an huge exploitable mess. This is why Bitcoin was designed in purpose non-turin complete, so "the core" is as solid as possible, meanwhile you can fuck with sidechains. I can't wait for that fundamentally flawed altcoin to collapse. Thanks for the extra BTC tho, it was good dumping on you guys.
>>
>>1092829
That's the same exact thing that Bitcoin said. They were very aggressive in the fact that Bitcoin would replace traditional banking. They said sidechains would replace all altcoins. They said BTC would replace USD after it became mainstream. When is this going to happen? Ever? It seems like Bitcoin reached a climax in it's userbase because the actual use cases were underscored by the speculation and hoarding. Ethereum has even LESS use cases than Bitcoin because you can't buy anything with it. Saying something like "Ethereum makes banks redundant" doesn't mean that banks just go away. People still have to venture out and buy a risky volatile commodity that has very limited current uses. You are putting the cart before the horse here.
>>
>>1092848
Yes that is the justification you bitcoin maximalists give for ethereum 'not working'. The fact is, it is working, it can work and it is currently working.

The main issue with loops in a turing complete system is the runaway reaction of contracts that loop infinitely or call other contracts. That issue is solved by contracts needing to spend ETH for processing.

Anyone wishing to write a virus that would fuck ethereum up would beed to supply that virus with a huge amount of something that currently costs quite a lot of money. ETH.
>>
>>1092832
>is pegged to a centrally controlled currency
Exactly. I don't see what problem this system solves that isn't already available.
>>
File: MuhItstooLateToGetOnBitcoin.jpg (3MB, 1051x9708px) Image search: [Google]
MuhItstooLateToGetOnBitcoin.jpg
3MB, 1051x9708px
>>1092774
Controlling the supply always end up with the situation we have now: An economy with unlimited debt, corruption and just a total mess.

Bitcoin is where it's at, there are trillions in debt and stocks and etc that will pour into the system over the next decades as they search for a new home while the current system collapses.

Bitcoin allows for all the smart contracts you could think off, and whatever super specialized niche stuff that needs super complex stuff will run throught sidechains.

Regulators will be automatized. We don't need fallible humans in charge anymore.

Alts will be rendered even more useless than they aren now.

6 billion marketcap is absolutely nothing, it hasn't even begun yet.
You are still on time to get on the winning team, or keep coping.
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 640x776px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 640x776px
>>1092856
Yes. It is pegged to the most scientifically "stable" currency of all the special drawing right of the IMF, and it achieves this not through the manual control of inflation but the decentralised control of a smart contract (actually a complex of smart contracts called a DAO)

Ethereum seems to be bouncing back on the markets.
>>
>>1092857
Sorry I saw the infographic thumbnail and didn't read a single word of your post. Not even joking. Nothing against you personally.
>>
>>1092850
>muh when
Sidechains aren't even out yet, but things are making progress if you aren't a clueless outsider.
>WHY THE REVOLUTION OF MONEY IS NOT HAPPENING NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Rome wasn't built in one fucking day, we are talking about the biggest disruption on society ever, you are dense. You sound like an impatient babby. This is a 10/20 year long term hold investment if you want to get filthy rich. Own 21 BTC now, and in a decade let's see if being inside the "1 million" club of owners inside the most important network of the planet didn't pay off.

>muh you cant buy things with it
You can't buy shit with Gold and it doesn't mean it's useless. Low IQ. Also Bitcoin is comming to Steam soon, so that's that. Progress is being made.
>>
>>1092857
Yes, but all the talent is moving to the ethereum development team. Bitcoin is going nowhere. All you have is a divided community, lazy ignorant developers and a cabal of greedy businesspeople.

It is the most unequal distribution of any currency with most of the bitcoins held in the tight grip of a few whales.

This coupled with it's strictly limited supply and centralised mining makes it's viability as a currency extremely unlikely.
>>
>>1092859
>it achieves this not through the manual control of inflation
I don't get it. Is it pegged to SDRs or not? You have to choose one or the other. You can't say price is due to decentralized control if its pegged to a centralized currency.
>>
>>1092863
Also didn't read. Trying to figure a way to hide all posts from your ID since nothing you say is going to be worthwhile.
>>
>>1092865
It is just an example of a tool that can be made use of on the ethereum blockchain.

A smart contract that keeps exactly the same value as an SDR with no human oversight.

Just like digix is creating a decentralised gold token.

Anyone with ether can transform their ETH seamlessly into SDR pegged dai or gold.
>>
>>1092863
you make all serious bitcoin users look bad with your insane blabbering
>>
>>1092875
Bitcoin maximalists make themselves look silly.
>>
WHEN BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY FLIES UNDER THE BANNER OF A FORTUNE 100 COMPANY IT MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE AT MAINSTREAM ADOPTION

BUT IF IT EVER ACHIEVES ITS STATED GOAL IT POSES A THREAT TO THE ENTIRE PRIVATE BANKING SECTOR, IT INDUSTRY, AND MOST OF ALL CENTRAL BANK SOVEREIGNTY AND THEIR ABILITY TO TRANSMIT MONETARY POLICY

SO THERE'S A LOT OF ENTRENCHED BUSINESS INTERESTS AND STATUS QUO POWERS WORKING AGAINST IT, EVEN IF IT EVOLVES INTO A PERFECT SYSTEM WHICH ETHERIUM IS NOT

ALL THESE CRYPTOCURRENCY ITERATIONS ARE REALLY DESTINED TO STAY NICHE, AND ETH WILL BE ONE UPPED BY THE NEXT ONE SO GET UR DUMP IN WHILE YOU CAN
>>
>>1092906
Lol so let's all just give up right? No, let's build the future. Give it a helping hand.
>>
>>1092906
Stop yelling dude
>>
File: eferium.png (86KB, 1231x471px) Image search: [Google]
eferium.png
86KB, 1231x471px
if the sell wall at .014 gets eaten, buy

if it doesnt, dump
>>
>>1092868
Aww, damage control by ETH bagholder? Cute.
>>
>>1092930
So far us ETH holders are foung just fine lol. It's bitcoin that hasn't appreciated for months.

Get out of btc and into eth before you're left carrying heavy salty bags by the whales who are hedging right now in ETH
>>
>>1092864
Last time I saw, confidential transactions, sidechains, libsecp256k1, OP_HOLD, OP_CHECKSEQUENCEVERIFY (i can go on all day with actual useful features and improvements) have all been developed by Bitcoin core developers, so I don't see how they are lazy.

It's funny that you talk about greedy businesspeple when your shitcoin is backed up by R3 cev (so how it's going to be divison if it's centralized banker bullshit).

You are still ignoring the fact that Bitcoin was designed non-TC in purpose to avoid your shitcoin's problems.

Listen, you are not on my level, I can verbally abuse you in ways you didn't know to exist, im just going to tell you something: Bitcoin is and will remain king, stop coping, stop trying to get on top of "muh Bitcoin 2.0". It's over, it's not happening. Bitcoin is here to stay, and you can still be a pioneer by owning 21+.
Don't want to listen? Cool, keep playing with your shitcoins, but don't tell me I didn't warn you.
>>
File: BitcoinWins.jpg (115KB, 1173x616px) Image search: [Google]
BitcoinWins.jpg
115KB, 1173x616px
>>1092937
Meanwhile in real life im up 245K dollars as I bought for months when Bitcoin was stable at around 220 USD and idiots didn't saw how much of a steal it was. Meanwhile idiots buying at the top of an ETH dump.
It's going to be fun seeing the price go to the moon this summer, screencap me.
>>
>>1092906
If you keep caps lock on, nobody is going to read a single word of your post.
>>
>>1092944
You are waiting for a halving that is already priced in. Your coin is going through a civil war, you shouldnt be promoting your coin until that civil war is resolved

Get back to fighting it because currently you are on the losing side

Chinese miners would rather go down with the ship than lose a single cent.

Good luck man im rooting for your aide. But if it doesn't go your way, remember there is still a crypto that cares about decentralisation that you can escape to

Its called ethereum.
>>
File: 1444697783307.jpg (40KB, 604x537px) Image search: [Google]
1444697783307.jpg
40KB, 604x537px
>>1092494

None of you ETH shills understand anything either. You only scrape enough information and technical words to make it sound all space age and interesting on /biz/. None of you could even explain what a blockchain is without extensive googling and research. I see through every single one of you.
>>
>>1092965
Test me faggot.
>>
>>1092965
So you really want me to explain a blockchain to you? Why? If you don't want to invest, then don't invest. You don't have to discourage potential buyers just because you don't want to buy. You'll be the reason people on the fence don't invest, and they'll commit suicide when ETH passes BTC, and it will be your fault because you've got a small pecker m8.
>>
>>1092976
>you don't have to
But we want to. As long as you are shilling ETH on /biz/ people like me will be arguing with you. The only way we stop arguing with you is when you stop shilling ETH altogether because it is stagnating like BTC or dead like PND which could happen in a couple weeks, months or year. Besides the half dozen ETH shills there is maybe one BTC shill left and one Monero shill. The BTC shill used to post every day and now maybe once a week. You are not going to win this fight.
>>
>>1092983
Before I even finish reading your post, I am not shilling for ETH. I'm just a NEET sick of ringing up groceries and living on welfare, hoping that this is the next big thing.

I'm sorry you wasted money on your stagnant crypto, you probably should have done more research on your investments other than analyzing trends.

You're paranoid as well. This isn't a "fight", I'm way above fighting.
>>
>>1092983
The ETH moon rocket would carry on without /biz/ anyway.

The aim is to actually distribute the wealth of this fucking thing to all these neets on here.

In a few months millions of chinese people will be buying ETH hand over fist. They are already starting to, those ones that are savvy enough to work an english language exchange site like poloniex, a few chinese names are popping up and some broken english is in the troll box.

Once devcon2 hits shanghai this fall the game for bitcoin will be over as chinese bagholders rush to get on the next big thing.
>>
>>1092965
I just dont trust any of these eth guys because no once can effectively describe to me how exactly can this crypto currency be used? what makes it so special? even the CEO seemed like he was stumbling for words.
>>
>>1092973

I've already read this thread, in case that wasn't obvious already. I can see you're just barely winging it with buzzwords here, promises there and a sprinkling of half-explained technical speak. You know this, we know this. You know that we are aware that you're clueless. I hope your $250 investment can salvage you from NEETdom I guess, nobody else would be so militant about defending an investment unless their lives depended on it, like all ETH shills lives do.

People confident in their investments just put their money in and shut the fuck up for a few months, they don't hype something up for weeks on Singaporean agriculture forums. There's no reason to do that anyway, because a normal person would want the price to stay low so they can continue buying, you guys are the opposite, hence the pump and dump accusations. If the tech was really as good as you say it is, you'd all keep this secret, buy as much as you could, then sell when its mainstream and actually used.

I already know how you'll reply. It'll boil down to 2 responses. Its either going to be;

>Indirect beating around the bush about how I'm going to miss out on the big thing and that I'm an idiot while at the same time addressing none of the points I have raised, while also claiming I have raised no points

or

>A sincere attempt to hit me with facts and logic you scraped from Google in 3 minutes in order to try to change my opinion

None of you faggots have even posted pics of your own wallets, not one. All I've been seeing for weeks is "guys I bought 20,000 ETH!", "I dumped around $7000 into ETH last month", but not a single screencap. You are all liars who want to convince people that serious money is going into this. Of course on that I may be wrong, I've hears people take out loans to fund ETH, I try not to underestimate the gullibility of people with autism.

>>1092976

Your reading comprehension is dog shit. I know what a blockchain is, I did not ask you to educate me.
>>
>>1092990
>implying I would buy any crypto
It's a mat that you can "jump" to conclusions on!
>>
>>1092993
I can. Ask me.
>>
>>1092997
enlighten me please. And I am not trying to be rude I am curious. How does this ETH system allow software developers the freedom that BTC doesnt?
>>
>>1092994
You can suck my cock for 4 easy payments of $19.95 + S&H you faggot. Stay poor.
>>
File: image.jpg (132KB, 392x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132KB, 392x500px
>>1092994
Nice.
>>
>>1093002
It is easier to deploy distributed applications on. Any web developer that knows javascript and some python can easily write an app for it.
>>
>>1093007
But can't that same dev write his program and write his btc wallet down on it? cant he not just take payment like this, or with the use of a small email? If the only thing different from eth to btc is that you can make a little paypal eth button somewhere it makes it all to hard to believe
>>
>>1093005

And there's my third response prediction, I left this one out in order for you to actually do it. You retards are so predictable. Total withdrawal because you can't read <2000 character posts and you can't come up with a response. You're a bad shill.
>>
>>1092994
Goddamn eloquent is what you are. I couldn't have said it better myself.
>>
>>1093017
What? Is that what you think an ethereum dapp consists of?
>>
>>1093021
Eloquent but ultimately factually wrong.
>>
>>1093037
I have no clue.
>>
>>1093037
Explain to me why the devs think that other applications can be written using a code like BTC's block chain. I dont understand this concept and why ultimately they would want to use it when they can use BTC for it.
>>
>>1092016
>ETH
>money

Pick one, faggot.
>>
>>1093040
Ethereum isn't just a payment method.

http://youtu.be/SayS1dcMVWU
>>
>>1092016
The problem with Ethereum is that it is not limited in capacity, is that not right? There is a cap of BTC, but not on ETH. So why would I buy if it will keep being produced more and more?
>>
>>1092848
>mfw bitcoin is currently riddled with viruses
>there is no face because there are no viruses because viruses aren't a real problem
>>
One thing I am concerned about.

Augur seems great and all, but will it actually work?

Let's say 10 million concurrent users, won't the blokchain just end up weighing 200 GB and become slow as hell? What steps will be taken to prevent this?
>>
>>1092906
you sound like a cardboard sign -wielding lunatic with your peniis hanging out. That's what capslock does
>>
>>1092958
whore
>>
>>1092965
you have a small penis. investing in ethereum will increase your penis size
>>
>>1092991
>real information :)
>>
>>1093539
That is FUD spread by butthurt bitcoin shills. There is a limit of something like 220 million.
>>
>>1093547
Sharding
>>
>>1093613
Which wont be reached for 200 years.
>>
File: TheKINGisBACK.png (40KB, 1093x586px) Image search: [Google]
TheKINGisBACK.png
40KB, 1093x586px
>>1092958
>decentralization
>R3cev backed shitcoin
Rofl. Pick one.
ETH is useful tho, useful to make clueless casuals pump it so can I can dump it for more BTC. It felt good dumping all of my ETH at 0.014 for more Bitcoin right on time the unevitable happened: ETH starts crashing as BTC starts going up. 400 dollars broken right after the ETH dump began. The natural flow of crypto is always BTC. BTC is home. Deal it with aspies.

>>1092940
I like how low IQ ETH shills ignored this in fears of getting into a technical debate where they would get exposed as the frauds they are.
>>
>>1092994
>None of you faggots have even posted pics of your own wallets, not one. All I've been seeing for weeks is "guys I bought 20,000 ETH!", "I dumped around $7000 into ETH last month", but not a single screencap

That's becasue the ones that actually own ETH always have them on exchanges, ready to dump for BTC. 99% of people don't plan on holding any coin that isn't BTC long term, so they don't even download the wallets, they keep the coins at ETH ready to dump. Alt's are such a fucking joke lol.
>>
>>1093643
>muh sidechains
>muh rootstock

But actually when? In the meantime ETH is actually doing those things right now.

Have fun bagholding btc while chinese miners take the whole show down with them to avoid losing face.
>>
>>1093643
>BTC is home
hear, hear
>>
File: 10.png (156KB, 630x244px) Image search: [Google]
10.png
156KB, 630x244px
Who still waiting for kraken tier 3? It will be a full week now for me.

Thanks kraken
>>
>>1093999
unlucky.

Just get the fuck in to ETH i 100% know it's going all the way
>>
>>1093999
I don't see a problem, you can send funds via SEPA payment without Tier 3, also deposit your BTC and just sell it, buy ETH. I did both things without even approving my IDs yet.

I bought more ETH today, because tomorrow banks will be opening and funds will be transferred to exchanges, people should start buying again.

If not, then this should happen in the next few weeks, because of many projects that will be announced and stuff like virtual decentralised disk space renting, Augum.net and more.
>>
>>1093539
The rate of production of new ether decreases over time, so the graph there is essentially a limit. The graph becomes basically flat even if mathematically the function does not approach a limit. (i'm not sure whether it does or not)
>>
>>1094088
So at which date will ether production cease or nearly cease?
>>
>>1094241
Can anyone answer this?
>>
>>1094241
Bump for answer to this
>>
>still need a phd to install the wallet
nope, still can't be bothered.
when the price plummets after this pump i'll definitely buy a few, then sell as soon as they release doubleclick.exe and i can simply grab wallet.dat (or something similarly easy)
seen too many pumps n' dumps to care enough to even bother installing the wallet. any clues as to when a simple wallet will be released? can't even be bothered to look into it.
not being lazy, just seen it all a thousand times before. by the time i've installed the wallet it'll have lost two thirds of it's value.
>>
>>1094827

You can use a paper wallet. Stable release is at 90% and will have all your wallet needs.
>>
>>1094831
i want to be able to sell them too, i'm not gonna hold long term and i'm not storing on an exchange.
>>
>>1094831
>Stable release is at 90%
...but alright cool. i'll set some limit orders at about one third the current price. that final 10% better hurry up though. bet it'll be fkn ages, as is seemingly always the case with crypto devs.
>>
>>1094861
Your order has zero chance of being filled.
>>
>>1094903
guess i stand zero chance of losing my btc then, wish i could say the same of buying ETH even at 400k satos
>>
>>1094906
The price is steadily heading to double and then triple figures. Once we are at a billion market cap it will snowball and snowball.
>>
>>1094909
maybe, i've heard it too many times of too many coins to throw money at what looks to me to be the same old crypto pump
>>
>>1094912
Yes but when you take a look at the team behind it you will see it really is different this time.

There are literally no competitors. Ethereum already won the battle of the altcoins without a fight.

It's only been on the market for 7 months and is already the main challenger to bitcoins top spot.

In the near future I believe it could overtake bitcoin.
>>
>>1094914
>it really is different this time.
just like every other time. i've heard it all before, so has everyone else. the fact is that nearly everyone is expecting it to dump at some point given that every other coin in history has done so, all it'll take is one slip up and people will pull the trigger on that sell button. at which point my order will be filled. i give it 3 months max.
>>
>>1094916
You'll probably be waiting a very very long time
>>
>>1094926
what plans do you have for the ethereum you're holding?
>>
>>1094927
i mean, for what do you intend to use them?
you bought to sell at a profit, you've no use for them at all. am i right?
>>
What's the best way to get started in this? I need a wallet or something, then use a site like kraken to buy up some coin?
>>
File: eth-zürich.png (965KB, 877x566px) Image search: [Google]
eth-zürich.png
965KB, 877x566px
This is the only ETH relevant to my interests.
>>
>>1094930
I will be staking once POS starts. The only thing worth spending ETH on right now are the dapp crowdsales. I will be funding slock.it as in my opinion it is likely to be a success because steven tual is a safe pair of hands.

There is little incentive to spend a rapidly appreciating coin on say some cheesy biscuits. But the dapp crowdsales are huge opportunities to make serious profits.
>>
>>1094938
pos isn't gonna earn you shit unless you've spent heavy money on it, bet you won't bother after a day or two. sounds like me you bought with the sole intention of selling, just like everyone else.
>>
>>1094943
How much it would earn depends on a lot of factors. Ethereum will have a high number of transactions. The fees will go to stakers. We'll only find out when CASPER is finished.

I'm not planning to sell any ETH at these price levels. Because ive looked at the prospects of Ethereum and my best guess is it will go a lot higher. If I didn't believe that I would have sold already.
>>
>>1094916

Sure, buddy. It can dump at any moment, no doubts.

OR it cannot. We don't know. Nobody knows. The fluctuations with cryptos are insane.

OR it can fall, then jump up 5x higher 3 months after.

Who is the genius to time both tops and bottoms?
>>
>>1094945
> Because ive looked at the prospects of Ethereum and my best guess is it will go a lot higher. If I didn't believe that I would have sold already.

Can you list all issues you have taken into account to state that it will raise higher?
>>
>>1094953
The people involved in development are second to none. The marketing (vb owns bitcoin magazine) the other press connections. The number of startups using ETH as a platform. The china factor.

ETH holders are very confident in the future right now, fewer and fewer people need or want to sell at these low prices and more and more people want to buy.

Its only a matter of time before we run out of people tempted to sell at these prices.
>>
>>1094953
Eth is still in phase 1. Homestead (phase 2) should be out by this month.

China has yet to enter the market.

It will get higher.
>>
You know what the real problem is here?
The name.

The name simply sucks, Ethereum, what the hell?
I can't invest serious money into this fantasy game like sounding name, did I wake up in Final Fantasy or what? Its retarded.

For a cryptocoin to be taken serious, it needs a good name.
>>
>>1095247
Cryptocurrencies are not allowed in China.
>>
>>1095275
>The name simply sucks, Ethereum, what the hell?

I agree, it sounds like something wizardchan would have come up with, but I guess making it sound mysterious to normies could be used as a marketing method. SciFi and Hobbit movies are popular, so Ethereum might work.
>>
>>1095275
>For a cryptocoin to be taken serious, it needs a good name.

Many things have stupid names now-a-days.

>Etsy
>Backupsy
>Agar.io
>Pinterest
>Ripple

All the good names have already been taken, so 21st century is left with shitty, lame, baby names.
>>
>>1095275
The name is good. You're a moron.
>>
File: 582.png (1MB, 950x950px) Image search: [Google]
582.png
1MB, 950x950px
>>1095285

Go back investing your coin into your WoW acc.
>>
>>1095279
Well, two of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges in the world are located in china and they have real business addresses. Surely if "cryptocurrency isn't allowed" then they would be shut down
>>
I'm sitting in 663 ETH, why isn't it pumping anymore? I already prepared myself for buying an Aventador in two months..
>>
>>1094241
There's no date. It's completely gradual.
>>
>>1095275
Actually this is the only legitimate complaint against Ethereum ive read in the whole thread.

This is what happens when you let autists choose names for things

The fact that it is succeeding despite this stupid name goes to show how good the underlying tech is.
>>
>>1095316
What color?
>>
>>1095320
black
>>
>>1092016
lol this is the best shilling i've seen on /biz/ in a while - thanks dude
>>
>>1095324
Mines going to be red
>>
>>1095360
nice. when the time comes, we will meet an upload pics of our cars on /biz/ and start a thread "we told you.."
>>
>>1095365
Inshallah
>>
When is Augur coming out?
>>
File: DailyReminder.png (971KB, 1652x2403px) Image search: [Google]
DailyReminder.png
971KB, 1652x2403px
Daily reminder that I told you a couple of days ago to dump your useless ETH for MAID if you wanted to double+ your BTC (the only thing worth holding long term).

I can't believe how much BTC i've done for the past few weeks. It's going to be fun being loaded with BTC ready for the summer when it starts rising hard.

Stay jealous, stay mediocre.
>>
File: image.png (237KB, 382x597px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
237KB, 382x597px
>>1096357
Stop trying to pump your worthless maidsafe. It is shit and is getting more and more obsolete by the day as it remains vaporware.

ETH is the only coin with a realistic prospect of overtaking bitcoin.
>>
>>1096423
>Stop trying to pump your worthless (crypto)

Pot calling the kettle.
>>
>>1096449
ethereum will have a market cap in the billions by next year.
>>
Doge is going up, buy doge! ETH is being shut down, its all a scam.
>>
File: cryptocurrency.jpg (31KB, 620x310px) Image search: [Google]
cryptocurrency.jpg
31KB, 620x310px
>Litecoin does something Bitcoin doesn't
>Litecoin is still worth very little

>Peercoin does something Bitcoin doesn't
>Peercoin is still worth very little

>Namecoin does something Bitcoin doesn't
>Namecoin is still worth very little

>Ethereum does something Bitcoin doesn't
>BUT I'M SURE IT WILL RISE TO THE MOON

Ethereum will find its niche, but will never supersede Bitcoin. The hype train might rally the price sky high, but if it actually stabilizes higher than $20, I'll be very surprised. The current price has been pumped by speculators looking to make a nice profit, not people who genuinely believe Ethereum is a game changer. Don't forget that.
>>
>>1096479
Why isn't Ethereum a game changer?
>>
>>1096330
Probably right after Homestead.
>>
>>1096482
March
>>
Guys, what's about the deflationary nature of Ethereum?

It takes 1.5 million dollars of cash flowing into the coin to keep the value at $6. And coins are created every second...
>>
>>1096531
Thats bullshit. Another troll actually did the maths and worked out it takes 6.5 million per month to keep the price at this point. So that is a tiny amount of money when we look at the entire market cap.
>>
>>1096534

Well, how do you reconcile this?

If ETH is deflationary, and creates several coins per second, if we don't maintain 6.5 million PER DAY, that means the value of the coin will decay and decay, That's pretty bad.
>>
>>1096545
I understood that it will approach 0 in production forever, keep getting slower and slower, fewer and fewer will be produced, but I don't know the actual time scales.
>>
>>1096545
Per month not per day.
>>
>>1094952
>Sure, buddy. It can dump at any moment, no doubts.
>>1094914
>Yes but when you take a look at the team behind it you will see it really is different this time.
>ETH
>24hr Change
>12.46% Drop

>XMR
>24hr Change
>32.32% Rise

Kekeke
>>
>>1092928
I'm a noob to this. What is a sell wall?
>>
>>1096479
> The current price has been pumped by speculators looking to make a nice profit, not people who genuinely believe Ethereum is a game changer.

Not true, I bought it because I believe in the idea and it seems to have lots of potential.
>>
if you got rekt on ethereum or are in denial that you bought into a bull trap, add me on skype to join a crypto trading group. we are already out of eth with profits and onto the next shit coins. if you dont add me, enjoy buying the rest of my bags while you sit here listening to people who dont know how to trade

protip, take a look at lumens on poloniex STR

>>
>>1096604
>>12.46% Drop
>Kekeke

-17.43%

Kekekeke
>>
price is freefalling
>>
>>1096708
nobody do this. scam.
>>
>>1093547
Related to this:
Is there anywhere where I can buy Augyr REP that isn't Gatecoin? Don't want to mail them my passport. I can get BTC elsewhere and use Poloniex to exchange to ETH or whatever.
>>
>bought into the dip at $5.30
>the price has steadily gone down since last week

Fucking bullshit. Now I have 300 ETH on a $7 sell order that will probably never be filled. Fuck the shills.

I'm holding just in case it goes up to $5.50 and then I'm selling.
>>
>>1096753
if you don't know what a sellwall is >>1096669
i'd advise you to read more bitcointalk before buying anything.
except XMR. buy that. then sell when it's GUI is released,
>inb4 what's a GUI
>>
File: eth buy.png (169KB, 1312x639px) Image search: [Google]
eth buy.png
169KB, 1312x639px
>>1096717
I hope you had fun buying my bags
>>
File: eth sell.png (110KB, 1320x412px) Image search: [Google]
eth sell.png
110KB, 1320x412px
>>1096717
>>1096950
You fucking retard.

If you want profits you need to buy coins before retards on /biz/ start buying them.

Join our trading chat.
>>
>>1096956
>Join our trading chat.
as before, nobody do this. scam.
predict a market, show results, then post.
also show wallet ad showing the hundreds of thousands in profit you claim to have just made with apt dates, and polo trade history dating before today's date, then create a new acct, clear wallets and post old login details. then maybe i'll spend thousands.

i miss old biz where 1k could manipulate markets and 100 bucks could make 2 grand in 1mins.
i even miss PND and mining shit like DRK. oh nostalgia.
>>
>>1097165
that is too much work, i would rather just buy low and sell high

also if im scamming these people then why is lumens going up? >>1096708
>>
>>1097186
>i would rather just buy low and sell high
not with my coins you won't brah
>>
>>1097165

When has /biz/ ever made 2 grand from a 100? and why can't we do it again?
>>
>>1097190
That's fine i have my own BTC to trade with.

If you like our ideas you are free to trade with your BTC.

How many of you are holding Ethereum at a loss right now and not sure what to do?

Anons, just ask yourselves, why are you reading this thread?

If you came here for learn about cryptocoins or get trade advice, join the FREE chat.

If you are just a lurker or shitposter, stay here. We already have plenty of those already.

If you need me, I'll be on Skype making money. hf_fwiw
>>
>>1097211

I remember your skype. HackForums right? I'm 100% sure that when the FBI came to my house they asked about you 3 years ago. botnet selling right?
>>
>>1096935
If you sell for a loss you are the retarded one.

ETH price will be 10x higher very soon.
>>
>>1097212
Why did they go to your house?

Yea its from hackforums but I never sold anything.
>>
>>1092018
what does infinitely programmable money even mean? Why the fuck would I run a loop on a dollar?
>>
>>1097223

Nothing hacking or porn related. Something retarded I did back when I was 17. Not gonna go into detail. All I remember is your skype, we may spoken years together a few times. Well whatever. What's the trading chat?
>>
>>1092473
I work in "IOT" and the idea makes me kind of sick
i need a new job
>>
>>1097228
Slock.it
>>
>>1097231
I used to play a lot of xbox, specifically halo 3, that is probably why I was on HF.

The trading chat is just a group of people who are interested in crypto and want to make bitcoin.
>>
>>1097245
Why do you want people to join so bad? Whats in it for you?
>>
>>1097259
Good question. I didn't really come in here with the intention of badgering all of you I just don't like being call a scammer.

We are entering the next bull cycle of cryptocurrencies and there is a lot of money to be made in the next 6 months. I just want a group of ACTIVE traders to collaborate with.

Would you rather sit on /biz/ F5ing dead threads for new information or be in a live chat with 40 sets of eyes all over twitter and bitcoin forums?

It has been about a year since we added new people and many of our old traders have gone inactive. When I got started with crypto in 2014, someone recruited me from here so I'm back to return the favor.

MilkyMoon, if you're still out there, Thanks!

Despite the hate ~10 of you have joined so far so I'll stop posting.
>>
>>1097208
>When has /biz/ ever made 2 grand from a 100? and why can't we do it again?
oldschool volatility is dead.
20x gains weren't unusual. 176x once. /biz/ used to be >50% crypto threads. was fun.
>>1097299
>I just want a group of ACTIVE traders to collaborate with.
trans:
>i want to use your coins to pump then dump into your buy orders

don't get me wrong, still money to be made, cryptos are great fun, but other than asserting that XMR is probably a good LONG term hold, as has been said here and on bitcointalk consistently for fucking years, if i share my predictions i'd lose money unless i'm just precariously using your cash to pump markets, so don't trust this guy.
>>
>>1097299
hey dude i want to join your cult. link pls

i am an active trader with a position in a variety of assets, i want to pass on the right info and get some chatter going on
>>
>>1096708
>hf_fwiw
>dude skype lmao

can we have something a bit more anonymous?
>>
anyone know what the deal with Crypt Bullion is? why has it risen 12800% in the past 24 hrs? is it the future?
>>
>>1097393
>why has it risen 12800%
lol.
probably just some noob buying into the sell orders.
>is it the future?
lol.
>>
>>1097393
Look at the volume. It's a shitcoin
>>
okok where to take ether address or whatever it is, where to wallet and where to buy eth?
>>
>>1097893
what manner of masochism is this?

the wallet is a fucking nightmare to install, the pump is over, and even current value won't hold.

did you just come from that thread on /b/?
>>
Going to a press conference about Bitcoin tomorrow. What should I ask about ETH?
>>
>>1097916
>did you just come from that thread on /b/?
ummm.. no.. xD
[spoiler]yes[/spoiler]

I just want to have this, im ready to buy ETH for 50 polish zlotys
>>
>>1097916
found this https://ethereumwallet.com/ is this even legit?
how to log to it again? how to buy ether by debitcard? xD
>>
I should have never bought into this scam.. look at the fucking price crashing now..
>>
>>1097923
Ask them if they bought any ether. If not, why not?
>>
>>1097941
A guy said I should buy and I did.

You are a guy saying I should not have bought.

Highnsight 2020
>>
File: JPII_50zl_ban_a.jpg (83KB, 640x320px) Image search: [Google]
JPII_50zl_ban_a.jpg
83KB, 640x320px
>>1097916
well ethereumwallet.com looks nice bro. entering by only "secret" url its nice, while im looking for browser wallets about half year ago I found nothing only project site. inb4 I dont care about my 50PLN low amount on it if something happens ;)
>>
File: iaintclickthat.png (90KB, 1637x580px) Image search: [Google]
iaintclickthat.png
90KB, 1637x580px
>>1097939
>>1097950
why iban?
>>
"FUCK WITH YOUR SOUL LIKE ETHER"
- Nasty Nas
>>
>>1097950
look if you must buy into this crap, just buy bitcoins, open an account on poloniex, transfer your bitcoins to poloniex, buy ether, leave them sat there. busoni (polo owner) is a trustworthy dude.

i'd strongly recommend that you do the above, BUT... instead of buying now, set a buy order for ETH at about 400k satoshi. just wait a few months and you'll have more than double the amount you'll get right now for the same amount of btc.
>>
>>1097995
Fuck jay z
>>
>>1092016
>ETH WILL BE THE NEXT CURRENCY
>gets all of it's worth from it's dollar value

I'll just keep my dollars.
>>
>>1098013
>being this gullible
don't trust this goy. especially with shitcoins, no one can say they can predict what will happen
buy at .06-.08 and wait for it not to double, but TRIPLE or QUADRUPLE within a month
>>
Ethereum is likely to cost 100 dollars a coin by next year.
>>
>>1098354
List fundamental and technical analysis you used to conclude this.
>>
>>1092527
You don't understand the advantage of being '2nd'

>MP3 Players, Smart Phones, Laptops, Levis, Ford, Intel
>>
>>1098425
Ethereum will replace buttcoin. it may take 1 year, 2 years or 3 years, but it will happen

why? because it does everything buttcoin does and much, much more

there will be many tears on this board in 12 months

>REEEE WHY DIDN'T I BUY ETHER. IT'S NOT JUST ANOTHER BITCOIN FORK LIKE ALL THE OTHER ALTCOINS
>>
>>1098446
well buttcoin essentially does nothing so far, so ehter does nothing but more? Sounds promising
>>
>>1098457
Allowing someone to transfer millions,billions, or trillions in less than 1 minute to anywhere on earth without a 3rd party, middleman, bank, government intervention and at a cost of less than 1 cent is a pretty good incentive.

>>1098446
The fact Ethereum have unlimited supply is enough that it will never replace bitcoin. No one is going to use it when developer can make more when he wants. It's another pump and dump anon. It's already in free fall. Get out while you can instead of bag holding.
>>
>>1098468
>The fact Ethereum have unlimited supply is enough that it will never replace bitcoin.

Wrong. The rate of inflation approaches zero in the long run.

>No one is going to use it when developer can make more when he wants. It's another pump and dump anon. It's already in free fall. Get out while you can instead of bag holding.

Also wrong. A developer can't "make more when he wants".
>>
>>1098477
Elaborate on that last point rather than just "na uh"
>>
>>1098580
>>1098580
Just like bitcoin. Coins are generated by miners at a set rate. To change this rate it would have to hard fork, just like bitcoin.

The only thing limiting the rate of coin generation is consensus between mining nodes, just like bitcoin.

If you argue that the ethereum Ether issuance rate can be changed, then you can also argue bitcoins can be changed as well.
>>
>>1098590
Except Ethereum supply CAN be controlled. You can read the thread on bitcointalk forum. The developer can make it unlimited or have a limit supply with inflation at will. Nothing is set in stones yet for ETH.

Bitcoin will only ever has 21 million. It is in their code.
>>
>>1098615
Developers can create their _own_ tokens on the blockchain that have absolutely no relation to Ether, the token that is needed to pay for resources on the network.

I could create 1 billion Retardcoins™ and gift them all to you because you're special, and you could do whatever you wanted with them.
>>
>>1098615
>>1098615
No. Ethereum is an open source program just like bitcoin.

If bitcoin developers decided to increase the limit they could, but the network could reject their new fork.

Just like ethereum.
>>
File: 1455637862350.jpg (133KB, 943x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1455637862350.jpg
133KB, 943x1280px
how do we mine it ourselves nobody is telling me they just want me to buy their faggot coin from them
>>
>>1098658
ethereumwiki.com last video shows you how to mine.
>>
File: 1316650001572.png (139KB, 424x470px) Image search: [Google]
1316650001572.png
139KB, 424x470px
Well that's awesome. Apparently someone changed the password to my ETH wallet.
>>
>>1098988
I guess that's what I get for storing the password in notepad in my documents...
>>
>>1098658
Pool mining is probably the best way to start unless you've got a high hashrate (~100MH/s). Solo mining is very luck based and has a very high variance. Pools provide a similar average income but the income is steady and reliable.

The mining steps vary from pool to pool, but they're generally similar. Almost every pool will mine with ethminer. You can google to find it or just take it from the latest ethereum release.

After that, it's generally just running ethminer and pointing it at the right host. For example, mining on drawfpool is:
>ethminer.exe -G -F http://eth-us.dwarfpool.com:80/YOUR_WALLET

You won't even need a syncd blockchain or a running geth instance for most pools. Refer to the "How to mine" section on the pool's website for specific instructions.

Solo mining is a bit more work but is still fairly easy. Download geth and run it to sync your blockchain. Once you start getting just 1 block imported (this could take a few hours if you're starting from scratch), it means you're up to date.
After that, close geth and start it again with:
>geth --rpc --rpcaddr "localhost" --rpcport 8545
then with that running, start ethminer:
>ethminer.exe -G

This will start solo mining to the coinbase account set in geth.
>>
Should I cut my losses and convert my ether to bitcoin or just sell?
>>
>>1098992

>not using an encrypted key
>>
>>1099065
Is GenesisMining worth it for ether?
>>
>>1099068

Why would you sell before Homestead? People aren't even making DAPPS yet.
>>
>>1099092

when is that supposed to happen?
>>
File: genesismining prices.png (32KB, 1132x545px) Image search: [Google]
genesismining prices.png
32KB, 1132x545px
>>1099070
At the current price and difficulty, these would be barely profitable.

Currently, the rule of thumb is 25MH/s = 1ETH a day. So with the medium plan, you're looking at approximately 1ETH a day which, at the current $3.50/eth, is about $1277 after a year.

You can go out and by a 7970 or a 280X for around $200 and pull 25MH/s on your own. Even after power costs your profit margin is higher.
>>
>>1099107
I only get ~16MH/s on my 970, other people are getting ~25. No idae why.
>>
>>1099110
16MH/s is about normal for the 970. Only thing I can think of that could cause a substantial difference like that is maybe they're using a more efficient miner.

Check the ethereum forums. A user (Genoil) was working on a miner aimed at Nvidia cards not too long ago, maybe he's made some progress on it.
>>
Just buy the fucking dip

Dip is obvious.
>>
>>1099176
Idiots who didn't buy the dip when I said. Don't you feel stupid having lost an opportunity to make 125% of your money in mere hours? It will keep rising, homestead, dapps, exchanges implementing, faster blockchain, China...you are fool to miss the train at this point

Its like you dont want to be rich
>>
>>1099107

I bought some hash power there long ago just out of curiosity with BTC. I've lost half of my money so far and have no realistic prospect of breaking even.
>>
Hi all, I just want to point out what Ethereum can really do for our world.

This is what a small proportion of what Ethereum technology can do. Ukraine Government Plans to Trial Ethereum Blockchain-based Election Platform
Here is the article: https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/ukraine-government-plans-to-trial-ethereum-blockchain-based-election-platform-1455641691

And that is just the tip of the iceberg of what can Ethereum do...

Please do not forget that Ethereum is not a currency, it is a technology that everyone, with basic computing knowledge, can use by creating dapps... It uses Ether. (Ether is the internal 'fuel' of Ethereum. Programs running on Ethereum need to pay the network for the resources they consume. Volunteers earn this ether by validating transactions, securing the network.) Check the info on https://www.ethereum.org/

You guys will be amazed of what Ethereum can really do.

So please, instead of yapping each other... try and discover at full (that I personnaly think) this wonderful technology. It is bound to be the "new internet" of our time.

And of course, if you want to be a pionner, just hop on the train, nobody is pushing you on board.

Instead of bashing something that is still in its early stage. Try to build, discover or even make money. =-)

Maybe Ethereum can change our world, maybe it can be a total failure.

But today no one knows how far this technology can produce.

So just enjoy the bumpy ride... and be amazed! (or not :p)
>>
>>1099294
Great summary.

Buy the dip

Don't be a full who missed the boat three times in a row.

Imagine the feeling of pain you will feel when ETH raises above 1000$ and you know you could have bought thousands when it was still pennies.

You will want to suicide, probably will.

Avoid future suicide and make the right choice now, think of your family, think of your children, think of yourself.

You will be able to buy a lambo with the money after a few years.

Don't miss the once in a lifetime opportunity!!!
>>
>>1099327

So after you make a relatively high risk investment that not many people will ever think pays off but does, you earn shit tonnes of money, then you blow it on a depreciating car for 6 year olds?

You blew it on the end.

The summary is good, ETH is just a small part of the Ethereum project, its only the currency it runs on. There has been nothing like Ethereum thus far, Bitcoin laid some great groundwork, I predict Bitcoin will rise and somehow work alongside Ethereum too.
>>
File: laugh.gif (3MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.gif
3MB, 359x202px
>using alts for any other reason that isn't dumping for more Bitcoin
>>
>>1099346
Enjoy your lame bitcoins. They will crash soon.
>>
>>1099360
>altcoiner tears
>>
>>1099368
When we get ETH fiat gateways we wont need BTC any more. It's already beginning to happen. Enjoy your soon to be worthless "digital gold" lmao
>>
>>1099360
Fox and the sour grapes detected ;)
>>
>>1099343
>So after you make a relatively high risk investment that not many people will ever think pays off but does, you earn shit tonnes of money, then you blow it on a depreciating car for 6 year olds?

Blow it on whatever you like. That car will get you top tier pussy like next to nothing.

Top tier pussy = Top tier dopamine secretions in brain = Top Tier Life

Stay jelly, poor nocoiner fag.
>>
>>1099374
Bitcoins are lame though. I mean, chinese people think they are cool, how cool can they really be?
>>
>>1099379
Just diversify. I have both BTC and ETH. Happy so far. Made at least 3x the investment and the fun has just begun, because I'm a long term bag holder ;)
>>
>>1099379
You sound like a 16 year old. No wonder you can't afford Bitcoin.
>>
>>1099376

I hold ETH you fag. I also live in central London, this is supercar/hypercar city, Lambos don't even get glances here.
>>
>>1099388
> I also live in central London, this is supercar/hypercar city, Lambos don't even get glances here.

Ha ha, I live in Romania. I would be king with Lambo here. Hahaha

There are like 2 in the whole country.
>>
>>1099389

In that case use the money to try and move here or something. Also the only car I'd buy with cash brand new is a G63 AMG, before Mercedes start to think about changing the design. It is my ultimate fantasy car after seeing literally every supercar here before. Pagani, Bugatti, rare Ferraris and Lambos, special edition cars, etc.
>>
>>1099390
>In that case use the money to try and move here or something

Move to cuck state - don't think so mate.

In London you can get arrested and put in jail if you call your girlfriend fat.

You also have to compete with all the rich, lucky arabs. What is the point?

Better be first in village than last in Rome.
>>
>>1099394

Doesn't have to be London exactly, no competition here, everyone's just enjoying their lives, when they're not arrested for upsetting someone on Twitter.
>>
trying to get 20 ETH so far only 17

anyone want to help me round it up?

0x6073cd691a89b1f3ce178b54729bb33877eda6f7
>>
>>1099409

Send your ETH to me and I'll make it a round zero.

0x7bf009cbe29a2e97574845ca644541201259902f
>>
>>1092016

After careful consideration I am sticking with Bitcoin.

D don't follow me out of the building l l let me go o ok?
>>
>>1099092
yes they are what are you talking about
>>
>>1092016
>tfw dumped all my ETH before the dip

Feels fucking great man
>>
>>1099390
> G64 amg

gross
get some fucking taste you nasty brit
>>
>>1099982
>tfw followed biz advice and made a lot of money
>>
>>1100039

I had no idea women browsed this board.

M'businesslady.
>>
>>1099982
make sure to buy it all up below $3 and HOLD
>>
Do you suggest Poloniex or Kraken? Also how can I put some BTC from my wallet into these exchanges?
>>
>>1100292
If you trade with CAD, USD or EUR, then Kraken.

Unless you have TD as your bank in Canada (I do.) It's fucking annoying having to wait for ETFs to go through (3-5days) since they don't fucking support interac online. Fuck, got me triggered.
>>
Just buy the fucking dip you guys.
>>
>>1100948

>Just buy the fucking dip you dip

You had one chance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z2EYPFzYck
>>
>>1098304
>no one can say
>goes on to "say"
>.06-.08 and wait for it not to double, but TRIPLE or QUADRUPLE within a month
>6-8 million
>quadruple
w-w-w-WHAT?
even if you meant 0.006, still, no.
>>
>>1100960
Another one might be coming. Hold on to your buts buckeroos
>>
File: 20 year laugh.jpg (57KB, 620x670px) Image search: [Google]
20 year laugh.jpg
57KB, 620x670px
>>1099360
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbZ8zDpX2Mg
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.