[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, where do you guys go to find the actual purchase cost of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Capture.png (66KB, 657x412px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
66KB, 657x412px
Hey, where do you guys go to find the actual purchase cost of whole sale commodities?

Trying to find out cotton, wool, etc
>>
>>1091765

As in, if I wanted to buy a bale of cotton today. Where do you buy that?
>>
>>1091765
What game is that?
>>
>>1091792
it might be a sid miers game. if i spelled that right, same guy that made roller coaster tycoon
>>
>>1091807
>>1091792

Its an open source adaptation of sid miers transport tycoon. Its called simutrans and actually has a thriving community

Its also fun as fuck
>>
>>1091792
>>1091834
simutrans is awesome. i love starting on a huge map with hundreds of small villages and cities which i slowly add to my growing transport network. tfw after many hours of playing your network consists of hundreds of trains transporting thousands of virtual passengers and no matter how much you play there is always room to extend or adapt your existing network.
>>
>>1091765
Also interested in this question. People buy and sell options to buy commodities, but how do you just buy the stuff, where do you pick it up, etc etc?
>>
>>1092081
For crude oil in NA you buy it in Cushing Oklahoma, that's the only one I know.
>>
http://online.wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2_3023-cashprices.html

Wall street journal market data center "cash prices"
>>
>>1091765
>playing a broken incomplete game not correctly translated into the master language
>>
>>1092217
Thanks bro, but i need an inside track on lumber.
>>
>>1092081
You buy it from the places where it's produced. If you want lumber, you can buy it from a lumber mill. Or, if you want a smaller quantity, you buy it from a retail store.

There's no physical 'commodities market' where people gather together to buy and sell random stuff. And investors generally don't want to buy and hold something like physical lumber, because it's extremely expensive to transport and store, and you're going to have trouble finding someone to sell it to. (You're not a lumber mill, so people are not going to come to you asking to buy lumber.)
>>
Shout out to the ppl that recommended simutrans. I got openttd. And it's fun as fuck
>>
https://commoprices.com/en
>>
File: openttd.png (87KB, 644x463px) Image search: [Google]
openttd.png
87KB, 644x463px
>>1094197

I'm currently playing OpenTTD and getting a little bored. How does Simutrans compare?
>>
>>1094348
I was just about to ask. Haven't downloaded Simutrans yet, but right off the bat, I see you can have stations underground or elevated, highways, stackable tracks, etc, so it sounds a lot more fun in a dense urban environment, right off the bat.
>>
>>1094348
>>1094624

from what ive read simutrans is openttd on hardmode.

I'm a complete noob to the genere but I like open ttd.

is it just me or are airlines the best way to make money?

whats your way of pulling in the $$
>>
>>1094702
Coal and wood transported by rail for the early game, passengers later when the Dart airplane is invented.
>>
>>1095318
im so shit at building railroads it hurts. Thats why I like making airports lmao
>>
>>1092737
I build stuff with it.
>>
>>1095442
My railroads are 100% unoptimized. Each train has its own separate track. Works out brilliantly anyway.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.