[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TIME TO LEAVE ETHEREUM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 14

File: abandon ship.png (35KB, 1023x511px) Image search: [Google]
abandon ship.png
35KB, 1023x511px
Come on, you know this is going to plummet and not recover, on to the next pump n dump.
>>
I hope everyone sees it like you so I can buy more at a lower price. Drop back down to $3 so I can snatch it up kids!
>>
7 days from now, it will trade at 8 dollars :^)
>>
>>1091637
Yeah with you on this.
>>
File: download.png (35KB, 1023x511px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
35KB, 1023x511px
Would be funny to see it free-fall to a dollar.
>>
>>1091652
nah, I doubt it'll go below 4
>>
>>1091657

It won't. Just jumped back up to 4.80.
>>
You guys are so naive.

Stay poor.
>>
>>1091663

>>
>literally trying to pump and dump something that has a real chance of being the future standard for business interface

jesus christ do that shit on any of the other garbage coins
>>
>>1091627
>LEAVE
>implying I bought the meme ever
kkes
>>
>>1091627
im in long bought 60 ether ill only consider buying more At dips ill cash out all my cryptos in 2020
>>
>>1091675
the dump lets you get in cheap
the pump generates hype and spreads knowledge

don't know why people act surprised when the currency equivalent of a penny stock moves in wild swings
It's easier to rock a row boat than an ocean liner
>>
File: look a nocoiner.png (671KB, 779x317px) Image search: [Google]
look a nocoiner.png
671KB, 779x317px
>>1091627
>panic selling
>meanwhile I buy
>>
XMR Monero up 35%
>>
>>1091888
yes, literally every coin is taking a final gulp of air before big daddy ETH drags them under the watery deep.

Even BTC is up $20 since ETH started falling
>>
>>1091995
nah, this is said of so many coins during a pump, then the price plummets and even more people bail on cryptos.
>>
price is "low" for not even 48h and you panic already. ppl like you are the reason I make even more money.
>>
File: 1391027294643.jpg (207KB, 598x465px) Image search: [Google]
1391027294643.jpg
207KB, 598x465px
>>1092082
seems like you just hate crypto altogether.

c'mon tell us, what shitcoin are you bagholding?
>>
>>1092092
>seems like you just hate crypto altogether.
nah i love cryptos, blockchain tech is gonna be huge.
i only hold like $600 worth, but spread over something like 110 different coins, my main holdings are XMR, SDC, LTC, NMC, PPC, BCN, VPN. i have a few ETH, but i paid current price not long after release, and imma buy more when it plummets to around 300-400k satos
>>
>>1092109
Yes so you baghold literally every shitcoin on the planet. Opinion discarded.
>>
>>1091995
XMR is not gulping, This is a pretty strong pump at this point.
>>
>>1092111
the value of my holdings has been steady since 2013, even though i've cashed out hundreds from a mere $600 worth. all altcoins are shitcoins, who cares, still makes me money. i dunno why you think ETH is any different, it's just the latest hype, give it 6 months and it'll be something new
>>
>>1091627

YESSSS.

I have multiple buy orders at $3.15.
>>
>>1092120
I don't think you really understand anything. You're just bagholding a load of shitcoins hoping that some of them go up.

Ethereum has made all these other coins obsolete.
>>
>>1092117
Yes a huge rise from an extremely small market cap. It's nothing but a few whales pumping. Trying to suck a few idiots in. It's only been rising since new traders have been drawn to polo by ETH. And it's only been rising a lot since ETH has been falling.

It's a mere blip. There is no development work on monero. It is a shitcoin that is mainly used on a single mmorpg game.
>>
>>1092120
I agree that ETH is shit running on hype but I haven't paid enough attention to PnDs so far so I'm trying to figure out how this will play out.

Do you think an ETH dump will be bad for the price of btc and other alts like xmr?

Also why cash out when you could re-invest? And do you hold BTC?
>>
>>1092133
>Eth is shit

says the monero bagholder
>>
>>1092129
There's plenty of development work. See this post for details but honestly the development in XMR is exciting.
https://getmonero.org/2016/02/10/monero-missive-2015-year-in-review.html

Or check it's developer ranking here
https://www.coingecko.com/en?sort_by=developer_score
>>
>>1092137
not really

look at the anonymous "developers" second names

noether, literally "no-ether" they hate ether because they know it spells their doom.
>>
>bought again at $4.20
>sold when it peaked at $6.50
>see ETH starting to crash
>decide to fuck around with the other alt coins to try and make even more money
>lost all my extra earnings
>buy back in at $4.50
Sort of broke even.
>>
>>1092129
>shitcoin that is mainly used on a single mmorpg game
And eth is used nowhere at all. Also monero is used as a way of annonomising btc transactions with xmr.to
>>
>>1092140
let that be a lesson to you, always hold ETH.

let the other coins pump dump and manipulate their market caps all they like. What really matters is the business and technology connections that make Ethereum leagues ahead of every other cryptocurrency bitcoin included
>>
>>1092138
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noether%27s_theorem

That's a hilarious coincidence but I don't think they really care enough about eth for that. Eth is younger than xmr anyway.
>>
>>1092143
Eth is doomed. Development fund will run out of money. POS will kill security. There will be things that will fuck up in programs and lose heaps of money.
>>
>>1092151
none of those things you said are happening though. The dev team has tonnes of money. not only from their own ETH stash which increased in value by 3X in the past month, but also from VC funding sources and from being the go to company for institutions looking to leverage blockchain tech.

Monero is a total insignificance. if you search for documentation or anything to do with monero it's just a bunch of half finished unvisited websites and a couple of bitcointalk circlejerk threads.

the devs are 3 or 4 neckbeards who don't have a clue, and your biggest whale is fucking risto pteila some ex silver bug who was committed to a mental asylum
>>
>>1092109
>VPN

Mah nigga
>>
From Wikipedia - Every contract is run on every full Ethereum node simultaneously and the result is the consensus of the output. The documentation notes that computation on the EVM is "very expensive" and that "you will not be able to do anything on the EVM that you cannot do on a smartphone from 1999."

Doing the same computation on hundreds or thousands of nodes is retarded. Blockchains are inefficient but the inefficiency is justifiable for something as important as money. BTC and XMR are money that can be used for whatever. Eth is valuable only because you have to use it to pay for the inefficient and mostly impractical and unnecessary contract computations.
>>
>>1092168
look up what a smart contract is, and get back to me with reasons why ETH doesn't have to be built like that.

Ethereum is the logical conclusion of blockchain.

monero dinero is not money because it has a market cap about the size of The average Mcdonalds restaurants monthly takings and is accepted nowhere for nothing apart from inside a MMORPG game built by monero faggots to "increase adoption" that is falling flat.
>>
I just sold 43 eht at 4.2, when should one buy again?
>>
File: 1262102038838.jpg (44KB, 650x487px) Image search: [Google]
1262102038838.jpg
44KB, 650x487px
How do you deal with the stress?

I've been daytrading leveraged ETH with 70% chance of success after I got pissed at making losses overnight because no trailing stop.

If I would do this as my dayjob I would get a heart attack. Jesus.

How much more do you think it's gonna fall? I wanna at least make some money by shorting.
>>
>>1092176
Immediately. Otherwise you'll goof yourself and end up buying back in at a higher price.

BTC will begin dumping soon
>>
>>1092176
You shouldve held. Now is the time to buy more.
>>
>>1092154
>none of those things you said are happening
They are things that are going to happen. In the future duh.

>POS
It's still running on POW atm so of course nothings happening

>Program fuck ups
You probably won't see these until people start using ethereum for actual things besides speculation

>funding
I guess as long as they pump eth every once in a while they'll have enough
>>
>>1092181
Why are you trading like a retard? You're a noob you will lose all your money. The only strategy that will work is buy and hold.
>>
>>1092185
You are just spreading fud about a far superior crypto. Just be happy bagholding monero dinero.
>>
>>1092183
>>1092182
thought it would go down more, fuck brb
>>
File: ETHded.png (218KB, 1642x703px) Image search: [Google]
ETHded.png
218KB, 1642x703px
>holding anything but Bitcoin long term
Fucking lol. It was good dumping yet another useless alt for extra BTC. And just lol at not moving to MAID to benefit from the up and comming pump for even more BTC. Fools.
>>
>>1092151
ETH is flawed because it's turin complete and low IQ retards thing this is a good (there's a reason Bitcoin was designed not TC in purpose).
Vitalik Aspierin is done.
>>
>>1092201
bitcoin was a saturday afternoon project senpai. it was knocked up as a proof of concept. ETH takes that concept to it's logical conclusion. Your FUD is not borne out by the facts. ETH is working perfectly. and is now second highest market cap coin. It's bigger than all the other coins combined
>>
>>1092186
5 Ethereum is created every 15 seconds, that is 28,800 per day. At the price of $6, it needs 1.5 million fresh money to support the price. It's just stupid. But yeah just hold.
>>
>>1092208
1.5 million is a perfectly reasonable amount for the second largest cryptocurrency. And not all of the coins being mined are sold. I am mining but I've never sold a single one.
>>
>>1092133
>Do you think an ETH dump will be bad for the price of btc and other alts like xmr?
i don't suppose it'll affect btc, but people will further lose faith in shitcoins, so yeah xmr could be hit. xmr though has massively too much hype around it and has done for years, for it to not have a couple of epic pumps left in it before it too keels over and dies. it still doesn't have a GUI wallet ffs, and given how long people have been waiting, when that's finally released, the pump should be epic.
i cash out because i need the money, lol. cryptos are just a hobby for me, but it's nice to know that while i hold like 600 bucks worth, i've cashed out more than that by daytrading, so even if every coin/asset i hold dies, it cost me nothing, having converted a fair chunk back into fiat.

and yeah i do hold btc. while i'm too scared to sell mine atm, i wouldn't buy at the current price desu. there's really no way of knowing which way btc is gonna go, i wouldn't be at all surprised to see it hit double-figures again against USD, but if it does rocket and i sold, i'd be suicidal. already lost out on £350,000 in 2013 by selling too early before the megapump to $1,250. not taking any risks with my precious few btc.
>>
>>1092205
Bitcoin was built to be digital money that governments can't shut down. This is actually a pretty tough problem and bitcoin has been very successful so far.

The intended purpose of the Ethereum Project is to build and proliferate a decentralised and pseudonymous replacement for the World Wide Web: incentivized static content publication (Swarm), pseudonymous low-level messaging system (Whisper), trustless transactions (Ethereum) and an integrated user-interface (Mist).

Fucking nothing like bitcoin.
>>
>>1091627
any predictions when to buy back in?
>>
>>1092219
>>1092226
The actual logical conclusion to bitcoin is actually Monero. (probably not conclusion but next logical step)

>proper fungibility (important for money)
>different mining algorithm for more decentralization
>adaptive blocksize and a tail emmision solves a lot of the current bitcoin debate
>proper anonymity means people can trade drugs and do all the illegal stuff did with bitcoin but actually anonymously
>>
>>1092250
responding to this whoops
>>1092205
also this one
>>1092174

eth isn't the logical conclusion to anything
>>
>>1092208

Wait, isn't ETH supposed to be inflationary by default like Bitcoin?
>>
File: 1386284524522.png (313KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1386284524522.png
313KB, 700x700px
>>1091627

I have long suspected that Linux people were commies waiting to happen, and the more I read about Bitcoin, the more I am convinced it is just some sort of commie scam by Linux people. Thats why so much of it is in China.

It seems just like Linux and communism. You spend more time trying to make something with too many parts and too many people involved work instead of actually using it.

I say no to Linux and I say no to communism. It's unnatural. And after reading this:

https://medium.com/@octskyward/the-resolution-of-the-bitcoin-experiment-dabb30201f7#.9xkmk5v95

I must say no to Bitcoin as well. I say no.
>>
>>1092168
> Doing the same computation on hundreds or thousands of nodes is retarded.

This will change with PoS and sharding. Having a global execution environment for a worldwide smart contract system is extremely valuable.

>>1092185
>They are things that are going to happen. In the future duh.

PoS is slated for this year. They already have proof of concepts and are hiring more people to ensure they meet their estimate.

>>1092226
>Fucking nothing like bitcoin.

I don't see how Ether isn't just as much of a currency as Bitcoin.
>>
>>1092225
There's actually a dev doing work on the GUI now so it shouldn't be too long.

Sucks that you sold too early. Maybe that's why you want to hold a little bit of everything just in case. I seriously want to hold my xmr forever but I know that there will probably be a massive pump at some point where it's worth selling some. I just think I'd have no idea what the best time to sell would be.

Good job making money though. Considering most shitcoins are worthless you must be good a reading patterns and user sentiment.
>>
Just wait for these two things:

1. Direct USD to ETH sales offered by exchanges
2. Homestead release

Now's your best chance to get in if you haven't already.
>>
>>1092285

I was saying ethereum does not take the bitcoin concept to its logical conclusion. Sure it's a currency but it's more like the currency is there for the contracts platform, not for the sake of having money. I don't see why the value of Ether should be more than what people need to execute the contracts.
>>
>>1092305
> I don't see why the value of Ether should be more than what people need to execute the contracts.

The amount of ether needed to execute a contract will change as the value of ETH changes. People won't be paying full ethers to execute contracts, but rather miniscule fractions of an ether.
>>
>>1092310
I didn't say an ether. I mean in the future the cost of buying ether (whatever amount) should be roughly equivalent to the combined cost to the nodes of processing your contract.
>>
>>1092319
Are you trying to say that once Ethereum is mainstream, you won't be able to make much money through buying and selling ether?

That is the case for any stock/asset. The key part is "once Ethereum becomes mainstream". We are a long way off from there, so WE (the few insiders) have an opportunity to make boatloads of money.

Since the ones buying in at the end still benefit from the dapps and other uses of Ethereum, nobody loses in this arrangement.
>>
>>1092327
Its already "mainstream" among the crypto community which is all that matters. It wont ever reach any level of mainstream adoption among normies, BTC has proven that. Cryptos are niche commodities and I dont see that ever changing.
>>
>>1092327
I don't think the applications will be so useful as to justify the price atm. I also think that no one is trying to value it this way. People just think it's bitcoin 2.0 future money.
>>
>>1092331
Ethereum is a totally different thing than BTC. Do some research.
>>
>>1092319
There is no logic dictating that. Eth will be the only staking currency. So all transaction fees will go to eth
>>
>>1092338
Why is the default answer always "do some research" when you have no legitimate argument? Trying to be vague doesn't mask your ignorance.
>>
>>1092344
I'm not going to write everything out for you. You can Google.
>>
>>1092347
Lmfao
>>
>>1092347
dumb ass
>>
If monero could develop or network as well as they FUD and troll their shitcoin wouldnt be in the terrible state its in
>>
how big is the blockchain thing currently?
>>
>>1092358
Lol
>>
File: merkel.jpg (43KB, 400x285px) Image search: [Google]
merkel.jpg
43KB, 400x285px
Just reporting in to say that daytrading without automation is absolutely pointless.

There is no way you're going to win against millisecond trading algorithms.

Had to learn the hard way. Buy and hold. Don't ever try to daytrade. Ever.
>>
>>1092364
for ether ofc
>>
>>1092390
The millisecond algithms are just running arbitrage. Unless youre a muual fund it doesnt matter if they scalp 0.0003 cents on liquidity.

Its called fundamentals numbnuts
>>
>>1092390
fuck that noise. i do hit and runs all the time. even blue chip stocks that i babysit every day, when i just know theyre going up a little, maybe happens once every other week, ill throw all my money at it for an hour or two and then cash out.

i was buy and hold for a couple years until the beginning of this year when shit started hitting the fan. i knew to get out last summer when the growth stopped but that 'buy and hold no matter what' mentality that fucked me. now im totally liquid doing just what i said above, making more money than ever.
>>
>>1092407
CAREFUL WITH THAT MARKET ORDER SLIPPAGE
>>
>>1092407
How can you tell for sure that something is going to go up a little? It sounds like you're a broker.
>>
File: the cuck family.png (137KB, 805x500px) Image search: [Google]
the cuck family.png
137KB, 805x500px
What do you guys use for cold storage?

Myetherwallet seems very shady.

I'm not going to use some application that strikes me with "ENTER YOUR PASSWORD" on the first view, even when using it offline, client-side and airgapped.
>>
>>1092450
Myetherwallet is a client side paper wallet generator. Some noob lost all his ether thinking he could log back in with his password. If you use it you hace to record your private key, either save the unencrypted private key or take a screenshot of the whole page.
>>
>>1092305
>I was saying ethereum does not take the bitcoin concept to its logical conclusion.

But it does. Nick Szabo (Satoshi Nakamoto) has been talking about smart contracts for years. Bitcoin isn't the final form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y3fWXA6d5k
>>
>>1092305
Also, Ether is what is used to pay for the contracts, but the nodes determine what the gas price is. PoS is supposed to turn Ether into a revenue generating asset when it's used to run a validator.
>>
>>1092447
i basically only look at about a dozen stocks. i babysit them every day on my phone, i know them very well. what ive been doing lately is comparing the dow average against them.

for example, at 11am or noon the dow average is starting to trend up 100 points, then going to 200 points but i notice the one bluechip stock i always hit and run is barely up for the day. at that point ill buy it because i know 9/10 times it will somewhat reflect the dow average. not all day, but atleast for an hour or two i feel very strongly that stock will go up. and like i said this only happens once every couple weeks.

theres other variables as well but thats basically it and has been working for me.
>>
Every major bank and many major tech companies have come out and said that blockchain tech is unequivocally going to be the backbone of future business.

Now, I'm not an idiot so I won't come out here and tell you that ETH is a slam dunk. Nothing is. It could be another fully featured crypto that we haven't heard of yet. Ethereum, however, already occupies a healthy chunk of the marketplace and it's not even out yet.

If you understand the underlying tech and think Ethereum has a chance at being THE ONE you should hold long term. That's what I'm doing.
>>
>>1092450
The safest wallet for ETH is a multi-sig wallet contract on Mist.
>>
File: tulipomania-rene-pronk.jpg (155KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
tulipomania-rene-pronk.jpg
155KB, 900x600px
>>1091627
i think i've seen this before....
>>
>>1092447
Either samefag or retard
>>
File: image.png (6KB, 752x230px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
6KB, 752x230px
>>1092560
So have i
>>
>>1092279
>And after reading this

Big protip: Mike Hearn left the Bitcoin dev team to work on a new blockchain banking solution supported by some of the largest banks.

Think about that and then look at the article again.
>>
>>1092567
We're actually at that smaller bump on the left.
>>
File: oHM3bhjh.gif (2MB, 177x150px) Image search: [Google]
oHM3bhjh.gif
2MB, 177x150px
>>1092598
now thats what i call foresight!!!
>>
>>1092358
lelz the moneroids seem to have a mean streak to them yeah

ps get out fellow NEETs, eth bubble is popping. Get in at 2-3 dollars again if you really believe in this project.
>>
>>1092606
I don't think we will see a price below 0.01. Its already starting to flatten out at 0.012
>>
>>1092620
;_;
>>
>>1092656
It is. :)
>>
File: My.jpg (26KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
My.jpg
26KB, 400x267px
>>1091627
I just invested all $235,420.53 yesterday at 6:32 P.M of her retirement saving in ETH. I'm starting to panic /biz/ please give me advice.
>>
>>1093284
hmmm i think your telling porkie pies me old shine
>>
>>1092594
Those banks are testing Ethereum based blockchain for stock trading. This was in Reuters. Good enough to speculate with in my book.
>>
>>1093284
It's not a loss until you take it. I still have $40,000 of Enron stock so I'm still OK on that because I haven't sold yet.
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.